“Your home away from home in Argenteuil” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Villa Les Coquelicots

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Argenteuil
Villa Les Coquelicots
Ranked #1 of 3 Argenteuil B&B and Inns
Geneva, Switzerland
“Your home away from home in Argenteuil”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2013

Selfish as I can be, I am not sure whether I should actually give away my best kept secret: Villa Les Coquelicots is a charming place in one of Argenteuil's nicest neighborhoods, and excellent quality for money for anybody willing to put up with a 15 minute train ride into the heart of Paris. The studio apartments are conveniently located in a separate building across the garden from the main house and are well equipped for both short and long stays. Everything is perfectly clean, and the friendly owners make sure your every wish is catered for. The only downside: there are only three rooms, so book well in advance to make sure one's got your name on it when you need it.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank TravelerH_12

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Maine, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2013

Let me introduce myself. My name is Molly, and I'm a University student. My travel, and life, partner's name is Tristan, and the two of us took a one month journey to Europe this summer. We actually just returned yesterday. We've been together for three years, and lived together for two, so the time seemed right. Although I have never been outside of the U.S. before, Tristan has been to many places, including Mexico, Turkey, and New Zealand. Our trip began in Paris, and that is where we stayed at the wonderful place Villa Les Coquelicots (The Villa of Poppies).

This definitely qualifies as a bed and breakfast. There are indeed beds, and breakfast is wonderful. Maybe it's just because we're American, but the fresh baguettes and croissants delivered every day to our door accompanied by our choice of hot chocolate or coffee and a variety of little butters, jams, and nutella packets was perfect. There is also a private kitchen in the room we stayed in, where we could make our own food. However, both Tristan and I would emphasize the importance of taking advantage of the opportunity to have dinner prepared there for you. Madame Evrard is a wonderful cook, and the French food we had the opportunity to taste was incredible. At only 10 euros a plate (arriving with salad and dessert) it's also cheaper than any good French restaurant you're going to find in Paris.

The room was very clean, and everything was in working order. The beds are comfortable; the kitchen furnished with pots and pans, plates, and glasses; and the bathroom very quaint with plenty of hot water, which is not an accomody found easily in Europe. The house is within easy walking distance of several food stores, an ice cream parlor, hair salons, markets, and other conveniences. The area is residential, even though it is only 15 minutes or so by train from Gare St. Lazare, so it is quiet and safe for families. We didn't rent a car, so I am unsure about parking availability, but locals do just fine so I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard.

Finally, I cannot stress enough what a wonderful family the Evrards are. They were helpful and friendly, even though Tristan and I do not speak any French. Any time we had questions, they were happy to help, and our trip to Paris could not have been better. Having a safe, comfortable place to stay at night is well worth the very affordable price, and I would recommend Villa Les Coquelicots to anyone.

Room Tip: Tristan and I stayed in the Dahlias room (House Dahlias on the website). We were very pleased with i...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2013

We recently spent the weekend in Paris for a birthday party. French friends booked this accommodation for us. It proved to be very good value for money, the rooms are very comfortable and clean. The hosts were very welcoming and breakfast is delivered to the door. Parking is in the street which is not ideal but proved not to be a problem. Argenteuil is close to Paris with good links by train, and also very close to the upmarket suburb of Enghien les Bains.
In summary a good value for money option for those wanting to visit Paris and stay in family accommodation.

Room Tip: Sorry I clicked on swimming pool by mistake? The property has no pool.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank GNSJ
Also consider these accommodations in or near Argenteuil
Campanile Argenteuil
Ibis Budget Argenteuil Bords de Seine
Ibis Budget Bezons Rives de Seine
Kyriad Paris Ouest - Colombes
ibis budget Saint Gratien Enghien les Bains

Been to Villa Les Coquelicots? Share your experiences!