“Probably not again”
Review of Kyriad Argenteuil

Kyriad Argenteuil
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Argenteuil
Reviewed 29 June 2012

I chose this Kyriad as it was close to where I had to do business near Paris, I had been warned off about another hotel in the area so chose this one instead. The rooms are strange, the first room I was given was on the rear of the building on the ground floor. I opened the door and noticed it was very dark, then I realised there wa no window, only a glass door with an outer wooden shed type door which would have to be left open if you wanted some natural light or some fresh air. I returned to the reception and asked to be moved to the first floor. There did not seem to be a lift, which is not a problem for one floor but maybe for some people. The corridoors have a residual smell from the smoking days, my room did not smell fresh and you could tell it had been a smoking room in the not so distant past. The bed was hard and the bedding was old. The bathroom was not very clean as there was long black hairs inthe shower cubicle, on the floor and around the toilet. Again ther was a wooden shutter on the outside of the window which reduced the amouth of light getting into the room. Maybe the shutters are a security feature because of the surrounding area.

The restaurant did not look very inviting so I went out to the local area to find something to eat. As there is very little in the local area and you have to drive back across the river to another area to find anywhere to eat. I did eat in the restaurant on the second evening and it was actually quite good, the waiters were efficient and the food was nice. Breakfast was typical continental and I must say the "chocolate au pain" were probably the best I have ever had and must have come from a local bakery. So overall the restaurant is probably the best thing about this hotel. I have since stayed at a much better Kyriad which was only €76 a night, this one charge €102 which is not good value for the standard, breakfast is an additional €8, it must be the Paris price.

Internet is free and a good speed.

Room Tip: front of the building if you want a window, all rooms seem to have outer wooden shutters.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 27 June 2012

We stayed here for one night and wouldn't choose to repeat it. The biggest disappointment was despite there being a restaurant advertised, it was closed on the Sunday night and having driven 7 hours from the UK and have to drive to find somewhere to eat, was a disappointment. Reception area on arrival was dismal and there were builders tools lying around. The room seemed dark and airless with no sign of daylight so felt like we were in a cell. Only later, did we discover a door behind the end of the bunk bed, hidden behind floor length curtains that had outside shutters. We had to pull back the bed to access the outside shutters to let in light and fresh air. The bed covers had seen better days and were frayed around the edge and the metal bunk beds had peeling paint. The bathroom was however, modern and clean. We didn't have breakfast at 8 euros and were glad we didn't as what we saw didn't look up to much. So all in all for 120 euros, it was just a hard bed in a cramped, airless room with no dining facilities.

Room Tip: I don't know if there was such a thing as a 'good room', but I would imagine those on th...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 March 2012

The hotel is clean and my room was clean and comfortable.
You don't get very much for €102 per night and standard continental breakfast is an extra €8.
There is nothing much in the vicinity of the hotel and Argenteuil is not the best of areas.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 July 2011

I stayed here for about a week. The hotel is pretty nice overall. The room I was in was clean and tidied every day. High speed Internet is free and works well although can slow down during certain times of the day based on how many people are browsing. The rooms have AC which can be a rarity in France. The rooms were very quiet. Breakfast is available for a small charge of Euro 8+. Its not bad and has a decent variety although the menu does not change. The staff can speak some English which made it nice for me as I don't speak too much French. Two English channels - CNN and BBC are available also. The phone in my room didn't work for some reason but I didn't need to use it. THe hotel also has a restaurant for evening dinners. There is an iron available for check-out at the reception. Hot water is not a problem. The train station val d"Argenteuil is about 15 minutes by walk. From there you can get to St. Lazar to head into Paris as you wish. I liked the hotel and would stay again if I had the chance.

Jake.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 December 2010

I stayed at this hotel on a short budget trip to Paris.

We were coached everywhere we needed to go, so I am not too sure about distance to train stations. However there is a high street about a five minute walk away.

The room was furnished well and there was a flat screen tv with BBC World and CNN. However there was no iron or ironing board. One big problem was the room smelled of cigarette smoke. As a non smoker this was not nice. The level of cleanliness was not too goo either. It could of definitely used a spring clean.

The fire alarm went off twice in the middle of the night. This was quite annoying.

The breakfast was plentiful. The staff did not speak very good english which was a bit of a hinderance. There was free wifi, which was good and the bar was reasonably priced compared to the rest of Paris.

Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 August 2010

We ended up here as we booked late and wanted a family room. Was great! Quite simple, no frills, but we were every well looked after by the Patron! 10 min walk to the station and then into St. Lazare in ten mins, very regular trains. Despite being close to a large built up estate, it was quiet in the evenings and the breakfast was the best we experienced on our trip around France. A Budget Hotel, close to the centre with great service.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 December 2008

There was a really bad toilet smell all over the place, not very clean hotel in general, rooms were too small (4 beds in a double room), bad communication with staff in English.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Chrysanthi76
Also consider these accommodations in or near Argenteuil
Campanile Argenteuil
Aparthotel Adagio Access Colombes la Defense
Pullman Paris La Defense
Pullman Paris La Defense
#1 of 41 in La Defense

Been to Kyriad Argenteuil? Share your experiences!