“Excellent weekend stay”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Kelling
North London
“Excellent weekend stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

We have just spent two nights at the Pheasant Hotel and had a very enjoyable stay. Room very comfortable and the dinner good and not over priced. Not easily accessible, but a lovely base for a weekend walking trip.

Room Tip: Most rooms are accessible, but those nearer the rear of the hotel can use a closer car park & ca...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank penguin64
mbryant82, General Manager at The Pheasant Hotel, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Thank you for such a wonderful review. I will be sure to pass this feedback onto the rest of the team.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Pheasant in the near future.

Mark Bryant

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013 via mobile

I don't normally write reviews but had my son help me with this as I had to give my views on this beautiful hotel. Firstly I would like to thank Sam who greeted me when I arrived. She took my bag to my room for me. I also mentioned to her that I was a vegetarian which some places seem to ignore, but she advised that she would tell the chef and he would do me a few special options. I was made to feel so welcomed and special throughout my stay, from the friendly housekeepers to the restaurant staff. The food was amazing and well priced. Thank you again, I will be back.

• Stayed October 2013
5 Thank Maryandjohn44
Thank you for writing such a lovely review. I have passed this onto the rest of the team who are delighted to read your comments.

We very much look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

Great Sunday Lunch this weekend. Having spent a very enjoyable couple of nights here a week or so back thought we'd take some friends to lunch on Sunday. Very impressed with the service throughout from the pre lunch drinks to the dinning room. Food was excellent - Moules Marinier were superb - fresh plump local mussels. Roast beef was pretty much spot on -still nicely pink & veg fresh & flavoursome. to sum up - very good food and real value for money too.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank Neil C
mbryant82, General Manager at The Pheasant Hotel, responded to this review, 16 November 2013
Thank you for leaving such a wonderful review. It is lovely read you and your guest's had an enjoyable time with us.

We very much look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Oxenhope, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013 via mobile

We met up with friends for a two night stay at The Pheasant and were extremely pleased with our choice of venue. The hotel has recently been refurbished, photos albums charting the changes are available in the hotel, and the results are very pleasing. Rooms are light, airy, roomy and very comfortable with all expected mod cons available. The bar area is extremely comfortable and well decorated with excellent and attentive service. We ate in the restaurant on both nights where we found a good choice of food, very pleasant surroundings and decent service, although we were disturbed to find the staff attempting to set up for breakfast at 2115 whilst we were still in the middle of our meal on the first night...not acceptable in a hotel of this standing. Delighted to report that the hotel is very dog friendly with rooms well situated for direct access to the grounds. We took our dog with us and it was great to be able to take her into the bar with us after dinner. Aside from the service problems on our first night which were remedied as soon as we complained, I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel as a base for visiting this part of Norfolk. That said, you do need to have transport due to the rural setting of the hotel.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
5 Thank Ken A
Thank you for your great review, It is pleasing to read you enjoyed your time with us and I can assure we will no longer be setting up for breakfast during dinner service.

Myself and the team very much look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

My wife and I recently were guests at The Pheasant Hotel attending a friend's 50 th birthday .
Excellent hotel with wonderful staff no request was a problem and they just could not do enough for you . From the moment we arrived and were made welcome by Hayley the attentive manageress everything went beautifully. Very comfortable room excellent food and wines .

Superb walks in the country and on the sea shore most envigorating before heading back to a warm fire and a hot toddy .

Highly recomended .Oliver & Mary

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank okehoe
Thank you for your review and in particular your mention of Hayley who looked after you so well, I will be sure she receives this feedback!

We very much look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013

We were taken here by friends and when we drove up the drive I thought 'This looks nice' and it was. Big glass doors and warm lighting welcomed us. We went to the bar for drinks while deciding what to eat. It all looked delicious but we decided on salmon gravlax for 3 of us and broccoli and stilton soup for my husband. Followed by roast beef for two of us and roast pork for my husband. Our friend had a steak that looked lovely and juicy and was served with proper hand cut chips. Our roast beef was so tender you could have cut it with a spoon and the horseradish sauce was home made and tasted wonderfully hot. The portions were big so no room for a pudding but two of did share a chocolate nut brownie with ice cream that was delicious.The dining room was spacious and nicely decorated with a modern feel and the bar where we had coffees was more traditional but still modern. The staff were extremely efficient and very friendly.
I cannot comment on the bedrooms as we live locally but we have decided to come here again for a Christmas meal.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
5 Thank leegoffin54
It is great to hear you had a fantastic time with us. I have passed this feedback onto the team who are thrilled with your comments.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the near future.

Colchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

We stayed here recently whilst visiting the North Norfolk Coast. This was a good base (as long as you have a car) for lots of local sites. Originally we hoped to go on a seal watching trip from nearby Blakeney, but unfortunately all the boat trips were cancelled due to gale force winds. We still enjoyed our stay, visiting Sheringham, Cromer, Norwich and Blicking Hall.

The accommodation was excellent, a large well appointed bedroom, massive bed and free WiFi. All the meals were very good and appeared to use fresh ingredients. Our evening waitress, Elle, was particularly welcoming without being obtrusive.

We will certainly return to this hotel on our next visit to North Norfolk and thoroughly recommend it.

Room Tip: Our room was at the back of the hotel and very quiet.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank RuthandDave
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kelling
Beechwood Hotel
The Hoste
#1 of 2 in Burnham Market
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,249 reviews
The Dales Country House Hotel

Been to The Pheasant Hotel? Share your experiences!