“November break”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Kelling
Gainsborough, United Kingdom
“November break”
Reviewed 30 November 2013

We have just spent a lovely week at the pheasant hotel and we are looking forward to a return visit.
Our room was warm ,comfortable,clean and newly refurbished.
We slept well.
Dinner each night was excellent, with specials to give a little variation to the listed menus.
Breakfast was very nice (more beans served when requested) staff attentive and helpful, one in particular was a ray of sunshine and enhanced the quality of our stay.

On the Xmas offer no mention was made of an allowance of £25 per person for evening meal.
This was not quite enough for three courses depending on order, however it made no difference as we picked what we wanted and paid the difference.
Thank you very much and well done everybody.

Room Tip: Ask for one dog friendly room
3 Thank Dave K
mbryant82, General Manager at The Pheasant Hotel, responded to this review, 1 December 2013
Thank you for your review. I am really pleased you enjoyed your time with us and are already thinking about a return visit.

It is great to read such positive comments and I will be sure to pass these onto the rest of the team.

Mark Bryant

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
Grimsby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 November 2013

Having visited Thursford for the past 6yrs for the christmas show,we by chance found the Pheasant Hotel on the internet for our overnight stay.We have really enjoyed it so much I my husband and our 4 friends cant wait to return.It is as good as it looks,beautiful bedrooms so comfey and everything is tip top.Bathroom likewise.The food was excellent,we all had different and we all enjoyed it so much.The mananger and staff were very accommodating and nothing was too much trouble.We do hope you go from strength to strength after a massive refurb 6ft beds lovely bedding and curtains.Thank you again Manager Mark for making us so welcome.We are recommending the pheasant to our friends already.Yours sincerely Joyce Stenton.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank joycestenton
Dear Joyce

Thank you for your lovely review. It was great talking with you during your time with us and I am really pleased we exceeded your expectations in every way possible.

I will be sure to pass on your kind feedback to the rest of the team and we really look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I have been staying at the Pheasant for many years and my previous stay was in Oct 2012 when I decided that this place was just too tired and I would not visit again until it had been refurbished. I didn't have to wait long and I was not disappointed! Wow this place has had a massive face lift and is now a really lovely place to stay.
I visited for two nights with my mum (who I shared a twin room with) and a friend who was in the room next door. Both rooms were done to an excellent standard. Modern decor, excellent bathrooms, large flat screen tv, hairdryer, lovely smelling shampoo etc.
I was a little concerned that the character of the hotel would have changed but I am pleased to say we were greeted in just as friendly manner as previous stays and the waiting/bar staff were very good.
The location is excellent but feel a car is required. The mobile phone signal is poor - which could be a bad thing, could also be viewed as a positive, but the hotel now offers free wifi which will allow people to stay in touch.
The menu offered a good choice but would maybe have liked to have seen some daily specials as if I was staying there for more than a couple of nights, I would have had to repeat my meals. Breakfast offered a good selection of hot and cold foods.
The ground floor rooms are easily accessible with slopes for wheelchairs if you have mobility problems.
We did have a problem with our bill at check out as there had been some lunches added to our tab but when I queried this, it was rectified immediately. I also had a slight issue with the room safe - the manager said they are temperamental but I also think there was some operator error on my part! Again this problem was resolved quickly. I will be back with family again in 2014 and would not hesitate to recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank MimsandNin
mbryant82, General Manager at The Pheasant Hotel, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Thank you for your review and I must say what a wonderful title you have used! This really highlights the Hotel's journey over the last year and we are extremely pleased with the results we have achieved in such a short space of time.

We all very much look forward to seeing you again soon.

Notts
Reviewed 22 November 2013

We booked late for a short 3 day walking break in Norfolk and we're not disappointed, the whole appearance of the hotel from entering the drive to getting inside gives a very crisp, clean and modern looking feel. All the staff were very pleasant and attentive, our room was very comfortable, with one of the best beds we have ever slept in at a UK hotel. A really nice touch in the room is a fridge with fresh milk everyday. Breakfast was very plentiful with a wide range of hot and cold choices. The evening meals were also very good and priced at what you would expect for this quality of hotel. We had to eat early one day and so had a bar meal which was also very good. The bar serves meals and snacks from 09.30 to 21.30 with afternoon tea along the way. Taken overall one of the best hotels we have stayed in in England, would we return, yes.

2 Thank NottsDiyman
Thank you for your review. I am so pleased you enjoyed every aspect of your stay and I will be sure to pass on this feedback to the rest of the team.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

West Wittering, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Together with two good friends we took advantage of the Autumn offer and stayed for four nights at the Pheasant Hotel. The hotel has a large car park and is just off a country road so there is no road noise. The rooms we were given were on the ground floor and very nice with a huge and very good bed. The bathroom was beautiful, efficient and with lots of hot water and an excellent shower over the bath. Breakfasts and dinners were all very good as was the service.
We all aim to return to the Pheasant in the near future.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank ROBERT H
mbryant82, General Manager at The Pheasant Hotel, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Thank you very much for your review. I am delighted to read you and friends enjoyed your time with us and are already considering a return!. Please keep a close eye on our website for special offer's and events which will be appearing very soon.

Myself and the team very much look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

North London
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We have just spent two nights at the Pheasant Hotel and had a very enjoyable stay. Room very comfortable and the dinner good and not over priced. Not easily accessible, but a lovely base for a weekend walking trip.

Room Tip: Most rooms are accessible, but those nearer the rear of the hotel can use a closer car park & ca...
4 Thank penguin64
mbryant82, General Manager at The Pheasant Hotel, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Thank you for such a wonderful review. I will be sure to pass this feedback onto the rest of the team.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Pheasant in the near future.

Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 November 2013 via mobile

I don't normally write reviews but had my son help me with this as I had to give my views on this beautiful hotel. Firstly I would like to thank Sam who greeted me when I arrived. She took my bag to my room for me. I also mentioned to her that I was a vegetarian which some places seem to ignore, but she advised that she would tell the chef and he would do me a few special options. I was made to feel so welcomed and special throughout my stay, from the friendly housekeepers to the restaurant staff. The food was amazing and well priced. Thank you again, I will be back.

• Stayed October 2013
5 Thank Maryandjohn44
Thank you for writing such a lovely review. I have passed this onto the rest of the team who are delighted to read your comments.

We very much look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Mark Bryant
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kelling
Beechwood Hotel
The Hoste
#1 of 2 in Burnham Market
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,261 reviews
The Dales Country House Hotel

Been to The Pheasant Hotel? Share your experiences!