The Pheasant Hotel
US$142
US$357
US$276
US$241
Sandcliff Guest House(Cromer)(Great Value!)
US$92
US$227
US$131
  • Breakfast included
US$214
US$208
Orbitz.com
Cromer Country Club by Diamond Resorts(Cromer)(Great Value!)
US$59
US$57
  • Pool
Sea Marge Hotel(Overstrand)
US$339
US$254
  • Beachfront
All reviewslovely hotelhigh standardafternoon teafresh milk in the fridgestandard roomthe north norfolk coastpleasant surroundingsexcellent staypublic roomsshort breakthree night staywalk in showerbreakfast menuthe ground floorfamily roomevening mealnight break
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We have been disappointed by our recent trip to The Pheasant Hotel. The warning signs should have started ringing when we booked our 2 night stay. I had been in contact with the hotel about their family room and clearly stated I had a 2 and 4 year old. I was advised that a family room was available and that the children would sleep free of charge. However on then phoning to book a couple of days later, I was told that this is not the case the children should be charged at £15 each. However, they did agree to waive the fee. I received my booking confirmation and all seemed fine until we turned up at the hotel. We had been given a standard room which would be a very tight squeeze with 2 z-beds as apparently the hotel was not aware we had children. I showed the receptionist my email and my room booking confirming that I had booked "the family room". However, we left it with them and went on our travels. Coming back to the hotel the receptionist confirmed there had been a mix up and for some reason they had changed our booking from a family room to a standard room and the family room was now booked by someone else! We were giving a connecting room for our two children so all ok. The receptionist then asked if we wanted to book a table for dinner we said yes booked for 6pm and when we arrive in the restaurant guess what no booking! Not a problem as we were the first ones there! I also didn't like the fact that the restaurant group all the tables together. It is a lovely big restaurant and everyone is all together in one little corner of it! The other problem was in the hotel book it says milk is replenished daily, our wasn't we had to ask. The staff don't seem to be communicating with each other and considering the hotel is featured in the "Best Hotels in Norfolk magazine" I expected so much more.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Nina B
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Last week a group of friends from all over the country, who have met once a year for the last 35 years, visited this recently refurbished Norfolk hotel. We were immediately welcomed with a magnificent afternoon tea, served on colourful china, and where necessary, with specially prepared sandwiches and pastries for individual dietary requirements.
We stayed at the hotel for two nights, with dinner, bed and breakfast, and throughout our stay the management and staff went out of their way to be helpful and responsive to any requests (including coping with those with significant disabilities.)
Everyone enjoyed the updated facilities, the beautiful setting and the variety of attractions to be visited in the vicinity.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank 761KSD
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Stayed here on a trip to North Norfolk coast with friends, and found hotel to be very good. Rooms were very good (recently refurbished), great service, good food and very peaceful. Would ceratinly recommend as a base to explore the area.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Stephen L
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Stayed at the Pheasant in November 2013 ,there were a few niggly problems nothing major. Thought we would try the upgrade rooms upstairs with loverly views over the garden, with fruit and cookies in the room,dressing gowns and slippers. Well sadly from room 1 (the cley) all I could see was 1/2 an acre of flat roof,no dressing gowns,no fruit & cookies. We did get a small rebate from having no fruit or cookies from the loverly jenny who apologised profusley.Breakfast first morning was along afare we ordered and waited, one of the watresses came and said haven't you been served yet I said no. Stewart the bar man was a very friendly and helpful person.we had a bar snack on the second night that was very enjoyable. We stayed at Easter which can be busy,don't get me wrong it's a loverly place would I go back definetly,I just wish the management would listen to some of the small criticsim people are making and put them right once and for all, or don't promise what you can' t deliver.

Room Tip: Don't expect a view of the garden from room 1 cley
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CambridgeshireSimmo
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Our room was nice,comfortable bed,nice bathroom very clean, the only bad things were cheap pillows and the room was to hot even with heating turned down( you can't please everyone)
But our meal was disappointing our starters arrived in reasonable time but we thought that we were never going to get our main course,we waited ages and it only arrived after I asked where it was. My steak was cold, and very under cooked in fact a good vet could have revived it!
The barman who was helping in the restaurant asked if every thing was ok by this time We had finished our meals, we told him of the problem and he was very apologetic !
Overall disappointing for what everything cost, I was expecting much more !

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple