“basic hotel well communicated to Paris center” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel B Paris Boulogne

Hotel B Paris Boulogne
Barcelona, Spain
“basic hotel well communicated to Paris center”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2011

Medium sized hotel in an old building. Recently refurbished. Basic services but everything correct. Breakfast too short, better go out. Near metro station and quiet surroundings. Basic but with all services, not expensive (considering Paris average rates) and not too far from city center

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank jordi_Sg

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Haslemere, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2011

42 From Surrey.
I joined my husband on a business trip in June.
All I can say is It has a very dated interior, very basic facilities, the room I was in was very small, and a bit smelly (fags mostly). No tea or coffee facilities in room and the tiniest shower room I've ever seen! The aircon was great though. It was very noisy being on a main street, but the location was good, just a short walk to the Metro.
If its for one night and your not fussed, then great.

Room Tip: Ask for room at the rear of the building away from main road!
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank SamFreeman
shah alam
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2011

I travelled with a family if 3 kids and booked a room for 3 person. Fits my budget well as a similar room will be too expensive in the city centre and we only use the room at night to sleep since we spend the days touring Paris. Metro station Marcel Sembat is so near. Plenty of convinient shops around. The rooms seems to be recently renovated and clean. Beds are comfy. Toilet is clean. The hallway and lift is a bit narrow though but hey..who cares about it. you don't sleep on the hallway and lift!.

Why spend a fortune staying in the city centre when transport cost is so low on Metro. Will definitely come back to this hotel without a doubt.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Iman_Ilsyaz
israel
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2011

Small rooms and very noisy hotel. you can hear every thing that happends in the hotel.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank series_alcoholic

Travellers are raving about these Boulogne-Billancourt hotels

Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2011

I recently stayed at the Hotel B on a business trip where I had a days notice and thus had to pick a hotel in a hurry. The hotel is part of the Exclusive Hotels, but there is nothing exclusive about the Hotel B. When on a long business trip, I expect to be able to have a nice place to stay, a comfortable place to spend my evenings. The Hotel B did not offer that.

I felt uncomfortable at the hotel as the staff was extremely rude. When I asked them to call me a cab in the rain, they said they couldn't. When I asked about nearby open stores, the response I got was "no" with no desire to assist me. When I asked about modifying my reservation, you would have thought I asked the reception to do brain surgery by the difficulty he continuously told me the task was (and the information was not reflected properly in my account upon checkout). I can only describe my room as a closet with barely enough room for myself and my suitcase. My room was extremely hot (despite a promise of air conditioning) but opening a window made the room incredibly noisy.

If you're looking to save money and don't really care about anything else, then the Hotel B will probably suit you fine. But don't expect anything of the hotel or you will surely be disappointed.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank rmaltiel
Lake Tahoe (California), California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2011

If you're looking for a clean hotel, don't care about the size of rooms, and want to be a 25-minute trip from the Eiffel Tower, then Hotel B will suit you fine.

If, however, you expect to be greeted with a smile when you enter the hotel, then look for another place to stay. If, moreover, you expect the front desk to say "hello" back when you greet them, then look for another place to stay. If you expect the front desk to accomodate reasonable requests, like the easy task of separating the first night on one bill for leisure, and the remaining nights on another bill, then look for another place to stay. If you want a hotel that has a working air conditioning system (Hotel B has one, but it doesn't work, and I suspect they've left it not working for months now), then look for another place to stay. If you think coffee and a muffin should cost less than 8 euros, then look for another place to stay. If you think hotel receptionists should not be eating and watching TV in the lounge instead of awaiting guests at the desk, then look for another place to stay.

If I had more time, I would write more.

In short, look for another place to stay.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jmswen
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2010

I had the worst experience possible in this hotel. I will not even wish it on my worst enemy (if i had one).
The room was ok and so was the building but the service provided by the receptionist was so horrible. They have this rather loud and impolite receptionist who provides the worst reception you can expect from a 2 star hotel. I would rather expect this from a 1/2 star hotel and not even a 1 star hotel.

My company made the booking and according to this receptionist, the authorization had not been provided. I quickly called my manager in London asking him to get the authorization faxed/emailed as this receptionist was adamant that the one i was providing was not good enough. When my manager called, the receptionist would not listen to him and hang up on him a couple of times.

Finally when my manager called a third time, another gentleman who was probably the receptionist for the evening confirmed that the payment will go through ok. I asked him why the other receptionist was adamant that the payment was not going through and he told me that it appears he could not even open the attachment in the email which had the payment details.
The next morning, I went downstairs to take my breakfast. I barely decended the stairs when this horrible uneducated receptionist shouting my name asking me to come and pay for the hotel charge as the payment was not going through. There were people at the reception and breakfast area looking at me and obviously surprised by the noise this receptionist was making. I felt so ashamed and surprised. I told him to ask his colleague who was able to process the payment yesterday how he could do it. However, he claimed he could not ask him as he was away and that as far as he could see (obviously could not see far enough) , the payment had not gone through so i need to pay now. I asked him to call my manager and speak to him. I went to the buffet area and this receptionist, still shouting out my name came over to drag me out of the place asking me to pay or leave. I felt horrible. I went upstairs and got my luggage then paid cash for the night i spent there.

If this is the kind of reception you want when on holidays or business trip like me then you are free to go there. It appears most of the reviews online are written by people paid to say nice things about this hotel else how can you expect a receptionist to behave this way towards a client. Its unbelievable but true

Its just a nightmare.

I went to Best Western Select Hotel just about 5mins walk and with the same credit card from the company, my payment went through and without the horrible reception from their receptionist as was at Hotel B Paris Boulogne.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business