“Clean big rooms in a nice neighbourhood close to the metro”

Courtyard by Marriott Paris Boulogne
Reviewed 26 April 2014

We were visiting Paris over Easter and had a car and therefore needed parking. As parking was not offered in most of the Paris hotels we decided to look a bit further a way from the city centre. We came across this Courtyard by Marriott, ranked #1 in the neighbourhood, with parking in an underground garage for a fee and decided to give it a try. The hotel was easy to find and the personnel was very kind. The room was modern and clean and rather big or European standards. We had a king size bed and a big, nice bathroom with a proper sized shower with a glass door instead of a curtain. The bed was very comfy and for once there was proper pillows. We slept great, as I at least could not hear any sounds from the other rooms or outside. The neighbourhood is nice and calm, and with several bakeries and a grocery store very close to the hotel we didn't need to have breakfast included (fresh croissant were available right around the corner). The metro stop is about 300m from to hotel and it takes about 15min to get into the city centre so it is very easy to get around. If you want to visit Versailles the RER C train leaves from a stop which is only a couple metro stops from the hotel, making it easy to get there as well. All in all, a great stay if you don't feel the absolute need to wake up seeing the Eiffel Tower every morning. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
EmilieCBB92, Front Office Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Paris Boulogne, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2014

Dear Linda,

What a great review! It is just wonderful to read how much you enjoyed your stay in our hotel. That is exactly what we want to achieve, to make everyone’s stay memorable!

It would be a pleasure to welcome you again in our hotel!

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Great place. Great customer service. Great location (next to the subway; Boulognel) 10 min by Taxi to the center of Paris & 20 min by Metro. Great rooms. Up-to-date. Almost new,,(I think). Room was very well kept. Good check in and check out. What else can I say??

Room Tip: Room in high flooor
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Hassan_Diaa

Dear Hassan-Diaa,

Thank you very much for this short but amazing review about our hotel! We really appreciate it!

Hope to welcome you again soon!

Reviewed 24 April 2014

This hotel is a 15-20 minute bus ride from the Eiffel Tower, in a safe neighbourhood. Very comfortable and clean room with large walk-in shower. Friendly reception and waiting staff. It's a 10-minute walk to the nearest Metro station, but the (number 72) bus-route stops right outside and is much better (and only 2-Euro's per journey). We ate in the hotel restaurant on our first night in Paris and the food was very good as was the wine....but our recommendation is to eat in the Latin Quarter at any busy bistro in the evenings (Cafe-de-Paris would be our recommendation - terrific food and service approx 100Euros for a meal for two and wine).

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear VClarke0052,

Thank so much for writing down your experiences in our hotel! It is just great to read all these amazing reviews, it makes me really proud!

We would be delighted to welcome you again during a next trip to Paris!

Reviewed 18 April 2014

This was our 2nd visit in the past year and the hotel is still and wonderful as the first time. The rooms are large and very clean. The staff is great, always willing to help you get where you are going and their English is perfect. Be sure to visit the rooftop garden/bar...great views of the city. The location is the best. Bus 72 picks up right accross the street and will take you direct all the way to the Louvre with plenty of places to stop along the way if you'd like, You can buy your bus ticket as you get on...2Euros. The Metro is close too but we really enjoy the bus because of the views. There is a little grocery store - exit the hotel left - perfect for stocking up on water or snacks. Exit the hotel right to find one of the best bakeries. A few blocks up past the beautiful park you will find a cute shopping mall with stores like Starbucks and Zara and a huge grocery store....you will not believe the amount of meats and cheeses they have on sale. There food is so different than what we have in the US. Both times coming home from the mall we got lost so try to remember the street names. Although people are so friendly in this neighborhood they will help you find your way back. It's very safe. if at all possible try to avoid the very overpriced breakfast in the morning. it's 18 Euros and really only worth about 6. The same thing happened last time we stayed here, the food runs out quickly and they are very slow to refill anything, However, if you have it included in your room...go for it. Not complaining we still love this hotel, we just enjoy walking to the bakery more for breakfast. We will return hopefully next year!

Room Tip: Request a room with a balcony
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank TheTraveling4_mrare
EmilieCBB92, Front Office Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Paris Boulogne, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Dear The Traveling 4_mrare,

It is just wonderful to hear that you have visited our hotel twice this year already! I feel very lucky to work in this beautiful hotel together with an amazing team.

I really appreciate you have taken some of your precious time to write this review. Tripadvisor is a very important tool and it will really help our future guests.

We really hope to welcome you again in our hotel during your next trip to Paris!

Reviewed 10 April 2014

Very nice room. Staff was also pleasant. Buffet on Sunday was good but overpriced.I was not aware of the "roof deck with bar" that SKimo26 referenced.

I had an early flight out Tuesday morning which required me to leave the hotel before the underground trains started. I asked a Courtyard staff person for guidance on transportation, what time I should leave the hotel, etc. She gave me a map with street names and bus stops so I thought I would be okay. Unfortunately, it's nearly impossible to locate a street sign on most corners of this part of town. I made my flight but it was very unpleasant and stressful walking around in the dark with luggage looking for non-existent signs. I think the staff person could have provided better directions, landmarks or even suggested taking a taxi.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank PreferMarriott2014

Dear PreferMarriott2014,

I am very grateful that you have taken the time to write this review about our hotel!

Concerning your trip to the airport I really apologize that it was so unpleasant. Especially in the dark I can imagine that it is really difficult to find the street signs. We should have suggested you other options and/or more directions. I make sure to inform my team about this unfortunate situation to make sure it will never happen again in the future.

We hope you will allow us an opportunity to provide you with an exceptional guest experience when you will be traveling to Paris again

Reviewed 8 April 2014

The hotel was clean and modern. The on site restaurant is excellent. It is a short ten minute walk to the metro and from there maybe 15-20 minutes to the center of Paris. On the way to the metro there were several great bakeries and restaurants in the area. We also found a great little grocery where we picked up some fresh fruit daily. The hotel has a roof deck with bar...you can see the Eiffel Tower light show from there...great alternative to being in the center late at night.

Room Tip: We were on the 5th floor. It was really quiet even though our room was on the main road side of the...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Dear SKimo26,

It is marvelous to read your wonderful review about your stay in our hotel! I am very proud to be working in this amazing hotel together with such a great team.

Thank you very much to have taken some of your time to write this review, it is really helpful to our future guests to read about your experience!

Reviewed 27 March 2014

I come to the Paris area often in order to work at a company in the Velizy area. As some of you may know, Velizy is not the most appealing section of metro Paris. It is basically just many corporate campuses and a few low-end hotels. There is no city center with restaurants. So, if you are looking to walk around a bit after a long day of work, then Velizy is not a good place to stay. However, getting to Velizy by public transportation is a bit complicated if one does not speak French, and the automobile traffic is awful, which makes taxi fares quite expensive. This is what led me to a hotel in Boulogne, which is a Parisien suburb with easy public transportation to Paris and close enough to Velizy for the taxi fare to be only 30-35 Euros.

If you choose to stay in Boulogne, the Courtyard is an excellent choice. My nightly rate was about 170 Euros. It did not include breakfast, but there was a nice bakery within a block of the hotel that I visited each morning for a 6 Euro meal. This bakery is a good example of why I like the hotel. Each night I could walk a few blocks in either direction and find a suitable meal. While Boulogne is not as nice as staying in downtown Paris, it has enough to offer that I did not feel “trapped” inside my hotel, which is the case if I stay in Velizy. Further, Paris was always available to me within 20 minutes.

Regarding the hotel itself, I had a room on the 5th floor and it was extremely quiet. The bed was comfortable with quality sheets and pillows. The bathroom was small, but nicer than most French hotels that I have stayed.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Jongable,

I really appreciate that you have taken some of your precious time to write a review about our hotel. It is a very important tool for future guests and it helps us detect areas where we could improve.

It makes me really proud reading that you think that our hotel is an excellent choice!

We really hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again in our hotel during your next visit to Paris.