“Great Respite from the Aug crowds in Paris”

Courtyard by Marriott Paris Boulogne
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

I am traveling with my two teenagers and while we've booked a week a Le Hotel Grand in downtown, we decided to burn our two free reward nights in the outskirts. What a great choice! We all agree that having a quiet little hamlet away from the crowds is a nice treat! We have used both the bus and metro to and from all areas of Paris. Purchase the carnet (10 tix @ 1,30€ ea.) and don't be afraid of the bus which are very easy to maneuver (tix can be used for up to 1 1/2 hr when switching). The previous reviews were very reflective if the staff. Excellent. Market near Metro is amazing for snacks, water and charcuterie for your midnight snacks. Area is very quiet in August as most locals are in holiday.

Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank Shopnalot

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Nice clean place not too far from the metro, friendly staff. free wifi was adequate although you can pay for high speed access if you need it. No free breakfast though. don't expect a bathtub...we enjoyed stay here. you can see the eiffel tower from the rooftop!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank schla66
Reviewed 1 August 2014

The facilities were excellent, the Concierges fluent in English and really helpful. We needed a restaurant that would cope with fussy teenaged boys one of whom is vegetarian. We found 2 Italian Pizzeria/Restaurants within 400 yards of the hotel
Don't be tempted by the Continental Breakfast, instead turn right from the hotel, go to the roundabout turn right and have a brilliant "Super petit dejeuner" for 7 euros 50. Half a baguette, mug of hot chocolate, large glass of fresh orange, hot croissant, with jam and butter. All served in the Patisserie Restaurant.

Room Tip: They all seemed good, but we had 2rooms at the end of the second floor. 1twin, 1double
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank MikeyB2014
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Dear staff,
We stayed at this hotel from 13/07 till 20/07. The hotel is perfect. All staff follows Marriott brand-standards. Especially,I would like to point on the excellent service of Nuria and Emily at the front desk. From the first minute we arrived at the hotel, they made us feel very welcome with personalized service. One of the best experience we've ever had!
During our stay front desk ladies were also very friendly. I really appreciate it. They made our stay in Paris outstanding. For sure we will choose Courtyard in Boulogne for our further stays.

Mr. Starobinskii , room #505

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Nice hotel, seems almost new, not far from the sights of Paris. Our room on the fifth floor was average size and very clean. The fit and finish of the desk and bedside tables was lacking, crooked drawer fronts, reading lights that wouldn't stay in place. The bed was comfortable and the bath had a nice size shower, the vanity top was small, but we managed. There is a bar located on the roof of the hotel, but the night we went up for a drink we left after 20 minutes without being served. The hotel is located on a busy street, with a nice supermarket in the next block as well as a bank and bus stop nearby. A small park is located directly across from the hotel. The bus ride to the middle of Paris was 2 euros each, each way, stopping 17 times before the Eiffel Tower and another 7 stops before reaching the Louvre. Not as bad as it sounds and we only made the trip there and back once a day. We were not here on business, we were here to see Paris, but we were able to stay at this hotel on points, so the price was definitely right. If I were paying for the nights, I'd stay closer to the center of the city.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Frequently traveling for meetings at my HQ in Boulogne, this hotel provides the best value and quality. Built only few years ago, rooms are modern, clean, with a properly working AC which is not common in France. They offer an express Breakfast for 9.5€ at the bar if you don't want the full buffet with coffee/tea, OJ, French pastries and yogurt. More than enough for a US traveller whose jet lag doesn't make him hungry in the morning.
The restaurant offer good meals at decent price. It is located at 10-15 min walk from two different subway lines allowing to be in Paris quickly. it also offers underground parking if you have a car.
I now request a room on the side street (during the summer) as the ones on the patio can be noisy with the outdoor tables of the restaurant or the neighbors (I experienced once a Saturday night party with loud music going very late at night).
The only downside in my opinion is the lousy free Internet if you have a room in the second part of the hallway after the elevators. Even the paying option can be very slow especially in the evening. The reception told me that they are changing their routers to Improve it. I'll check it in my next trip in September!
There is just not enough rooms available with my company corporate rate which forces me a couple of times in a year to book at the Mercure (good alternative but older hotel). Otherwise, I'd come here every time.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Schmeky S
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

My family decided to use Marriott points to stay here for free for 2 nights! You can't beat Free! We did pay for a third night and the price was still great.
This was our first time in Paris and I kinda wished we could have stayed right in the heart of Paris. However, we, like most people, had a budget! So, we moved away from the center a bit. I was concerned about the location. Not anymore. It was super easy to get here and the hotel is beautiful. Rooms were well appointed and big. I felt safe and comfortable and never felt so off the beaten path as to be wearisome. It was an easy bus ride back to the hotel. The stop is directly outside the lobby! Very convenient. If you are on a budget and want an affordable place...this is it! And, truthfully, the location isn't bad at all. I would stay here again. Why spend all my money on the hotel!!!!

• Stayed: August 2013