“A good time”

Quality Hotel Acanthe
Thrissur, India
“A good time”
Reviewed 20 February 2014

I stayed there 3 days in February; two days by myself and last day with my wife.
The receptionist was really nice and very patient. It was my first
time in Paris and the location, even though not in the center of Paris
is very convenient. I could reach in less than 30 seconds the taxi
station, the metro (direct line to Eiffel Tower) and the bus.
The rooms are pleasant and well maintained. The bathtub is yet a
little bit small but they are changing them as I heard. They have a
nice lounge area with a pool table. I played with other guests and was
had a good time.
For the breakfast, even if they don't offer hot dishes, the croissants
and chocolate bread are really good. They have many different jams (I
even tried quince jam) among other good products.
I both appreciated this hotel for business and when with my wife.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Reviewed 16 December 2013 via mobile

This was the second time I have stayed at this hotel, it's had a makeover since I last came, rooms were as I recalled, clean, comfortable, reception staff were really friendly and helpful and very pleasant, we even got to have out phones charged while we went to eat before we left, love this hotel, love the area and will more than likely stay here again on my next visit to Paris

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Staffordshire England
Reviewed 11 December 2013

Have stayed here many times on business. Clean, pleasant service. Very small bedrooms with tiny bathrooms and the worlds narrowest shower screens resulting in a flooded bathroom every time. Last stay had a refurbished room with a much improved shower experience-not sure how many are like this. Breakfast a simple buffet but being France really good quality staple food bread ham cheese et.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 September 2013

The hotel was really nice. The rooms were clean and there were decent options for breakfast. Although it was not right in the centre of Paris it was right beside public transport station from which you can get to anywhere you want to go. Would recommend to others.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GusGus123
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 4 June 2013

This hotel was a good hotel in the lovely suburb of Boulogne-Billancourt. It was over the road from the metro stop so was very easy to get anywhere. It was also walking distance to Roland Garros. It was difficult to stop outside the hotel as there was nowhere to pull over and it is on a very busy road, but you just have to have attitude, and stop and put your lights on. Parking is in the garage around the back of the hotel but you have to register first. The only feedback we would have is that there needs to be more than one comfortable seat in a double room. There is a lovely brassiere across the road to eat called Jean-Baptiste Brassiere where you will be able to have great food and great people watching.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KCrC2011
Acanthe1, Directeur général at Quality Hotel Acanthe, responded to this review, 11 June 2013
Dear customer,

First of all we would like to thank you for your positive feedback on
our hotel. We are happy to hear that you appreciated your stay.

We also have taken into consideration your remarks about the parking
policy. We shall improve the easiness of the access to our parking.

Hope to see you soon in our hotel.

Margaret Roussounis
uk
Reviewed 19 April 2013

The visit started badly - nowhere to park (legally) outside the Hotel (it's on a very very busy round about.) No free parking spaces nearby. And when I did find the hotel parking (closed garage door in the street at the back of the hotel) i was told over the intercom that i would have to come in and register first. Which meant finding somewhere to park! Nightmare.
Once registered they let me access the parking garage - which housed several cages on lift platforms for the vehicles - and involved manoeuvring the car in a very confined space. Having said which the staff were helpful - and did come out to help me operate the cage. Thankfully Avis had given me a renault clio - i am not sure anything larger would fit!
The rooms are clean - modern and the bed very comfortable - enough give - without being soft. Wifi access is free and easy - which is a real plus. Despite the busy location there was no noise. I think 150 euros for a night is overpriced - this is far from central paris - however it is a nice hotel - run by friendly staff - clean and comfortable. I would stay again - but come by metro.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank grove1
Acanthe1, Directeur général at Quality Hotel Acanthe, responded to this review, 29 April 2013
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

We thank you for the time you have taken to put your comments on-line.
We are pleased to hear that your stay, for most of it, went well and we will be more than happy to welcome you again.
As far as parking is concerned we are sorry for all the inconvenience. You have seen it’s speciality… The day you wanted to acces it directly we could not let you in as another person was about to get out and there is no possibility for 2 cars evolving in this space.
We are sorry again.

Very best regards,

Margaret Roussounis
Directeur
Saratoga Springs, Utah
Reviewed 18 March 2013

Being American, I was nervous about the reception I might receive while in Paris. Our first stop was Hotel Quality Acanthe! I greeted the staff in French and went as far as I could with conversational french before asking her if she understood english. Of course she did, I knew that but I was trying to be polite. She was very kind; she answered all my questions as did the entire staff when I needed an answer.
This hotel is right by a subway stop making it extremely convenient to everything, but far enough to get a little peace and quiet. There is a grocery store across the street as well as a bakery. Every day we would stop on our way back and grab pasteries and juice for the following morning.
Breakfast is available and I believe it was 15Euro per person.
Our room was nice, clean and had that we needed. It is a small but very nice place to stay. I will return someday and in the meantime I will send my friends.
Merci