“Nice big rooms excellent breakfast and good business facilities”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Paris-Boulogne
minneapolis USA
“Nice big rooms excellent breakfast and good business facilities”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Nice big rooms definitely not your usual pokey Paris room . You could actually swing a cat if you were so inclined,.

Breakfast has everything ...a good way to start a busy day of sightseeing. And room is quiet and service excellent plus a courtyard to relax in which includes a mini vineyard. Not a central location but great bus routes and metro near by. Will take you 20 mns extra to hit most hotspots. However only 10 mns by bus to musee marmottan.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank anniehall1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Aix-en-Provence, France
Reviewed 4 April 2014

I have never been treated so shabbily by a hotel in my life. There were some ominous signs. When I first made the booking on the internet I received an e-mail asking that I should first send authorisation for credit card payment for the first night or my reservation would be cancelled!
When I arrived at the hotel they wouldn’t give me a room saying I had booked for the following month. They insisted on this inspite of the fact that I had a e-mail confirming my stay and I had authorised payment for the first night and they had taken it! Even when I showed the printed confirmation e-mail the receptionist insisted this wasn’t the proper thing!. Then they discovered their mistake got me my room.
With two nights of my stay still remaining I was locked out of my room with my belonging still inside. When I went to reception (thinking the magnetic key had simply failed) they told me they had done this because they had checked the authorisation of my credit card and payment was declined. But it was my intention to pay by cheque and the cheque book was locked in my room! What they should have done was to send me a message and I would have explained that I was prepared with appropriate means of payment but apparently they do not trust their customers. This is the most bad manner behaviour I have ever come across.
This atmosphere of dishonesty and mistrust made me suspicious and I looked at the tariff for each night’s stay. It had started at €200 per night but had risen to €283 per night later in the stay. I pointed out that this was never made clear. The receptionist said it was on the paper I signed when I arrived and showed me the paper. The increased rates had been added to the document, by hand, after I had signed it and never shown to me. So I conclude that the untrustworthy party is Radisson Blu.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank MJL20142014
RadissonBoulogne, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Paris-Boulogne, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Dear MJL20142014,

First of all, I thank you for posting your comment on your stay at the Radisson Blu Hotel Paris Boulogne.
Customer satisfaction is a priority for us and the entire team and myself are sincerly sorry to hear that you had to face such experience.
We always ask for a guarantee during the booking process, and as we did not have a credit card guarantee for your reservation, we took the liberty to contact you in order to avoid your reservation to be cancelled in case of late arrival. I am sorry that you found it as a ominous sign, but kindly note that this has been done to offer the best proactive service.

During your stay, your bill exceeded a threshold and in this case, our receptionist has to follow a process and to check for an authorisation with the credit card you gave upon check in. Unfortunately, and as you mentioned, your credit card has been declined even for a small amount. It was indeed not at all the intention to make you feel dishonest, I apologise for this if you felt like this. We will then review the process.
Regarding your room rate, this is true that the rates is not linear, and vary sometime. Obviously, the rate on Sunday is not always the same that the rate on a week day.
I trust this is clearly shown on our website, and of course, the total amount for the whole stay as been strictly followed. I have checked your bill and I can confirm that the total amount which has been agreed by you, and confirm is the same than what you paid.

I would like to assure that the entire staff and myself make a strong focus to honesty and to deliver the best service and I sincerely apologise for your experience you had to face, but would

Please feel free to contact me at frederic.savoure@radissonblu.com
I hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to the Radisson Blu Hotel Paris Boulogne and to show you that the hotel has the amazing service and trust you have been missing.

Frédéric Savouré
Cardiff
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Enjoyed my first visit to this Radisson. I found the hotel to be well located for sightseeing, the staff friendly and helpful and the room was clean and a good size. Mine was a business room with a large bed, bathroom and desk for working. A large balcony also. No problem staying here and if I return to that part of Paris, I will stay at the RB!

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Excellent hotel with amicable service, clean and this is a great location with access to Paris subway system. The staff is very good and always ready to help. Good selection of restaurants nearby as well as Roland Garos and Stade des Princes for football.

Paris, France
Reviewed 28 March 2014

One-night stayed March 2014, business trip. Comfortable "Business Class" room, good value restaurant for nice dinner, great choice at breakfast buffet, staff very friendly and want to please guests. Was delighted not to miss a UK TV programme and a premiership football match as the TV channels include BBC 1, 2, 4 and Canal + Sport.

Dear Jeremy C,

Thank you for posting a comment on your recent experience at the Radisson Blu Hotel Paris Boulogne !

Your comments about our team are very much appreciated and are as always a wonderful source of motivation, we thank you very much.

I stay at your entire disposal should you need any help for your future reservation and our team will be pleased to make your stay the most enjoyable.

Kind regards

Frédéric Savouré
Paris, France
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Very good reception, the personal is doing all they can to you satisfy like parking your car, give you some advices, quality of food. I don't hesitate to come back in this hotel. Just a little problem with a noise in my room because of the ventilation on the roof, but if not, it's really a very good hotel.

Mons, Belgium
Reviewed 18 March 2014

I was very pleased with my experience at this hotel. The room was spacious, very clean, and soundproof from traffic and other outside noise. The bed was very comfortable and there were a lot of amenities. There is a delicious breakfast with a large selection that is a little expensive, but there is also grocery store nearby. The hotel is a far from the center of Paris but it is right next to a metro station. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Boulogne-Billancourt
Courtyard Paris Boulogne
#2 of 24 in Boulogne-Billancourt
Passy
Hotel Molitor Paris - MGallery Collection
Mercure Paris Boulogne
#7 of 24 in Boulogne-Billancourt
Kyriad Prestige Paris Ouest Boul...
#1 of 24 in Boulogne-Billancourt
Champs-Elysees
Radisson Blu Hotel Champs Elysees, Paris
Hotel Alpha Paris Tour Eiffel
#5 of 24 in Boulogne-Billancourt

Been to Radisson Blu Hotel, Paris-Boulogne? Share your experiences!