“Still under construction”

Best Western Select Hotel
Auckland, New Zealand
“Still under construction”
Reviewed 24 April 2014

When I read a review from February 2014 that the hotel was being renovated, I kept my reservation, assuming that the renovations would be complete 2 months later. I was wrong. On every floor, the carpets were torn up and "fresh paint" signs up. This coupled with the dated decor, lack of air conditioning, and non-functioning fridge leads me to recommend to anyone to stay elsewhere. There is a nice Ibis only 1/2 block away that was recommended by friends that live in that neighborhood. If you must stay in Boulogne, do not stay at the Best Western.

Room Tip: Some of the double rooms have a shower while other have VERY SMALL BATHTUBS with a hand held shower...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Paris, France
Reviewed 3 April 2014

where can i start? with the fact that decorating was taking place on this floor so there is a strong smell? the shabby room furniture? barely functional shower? nasty reception and poor welcome? useless aircon?my ONLY positive is free wifi. Mean bathroom soaps and lotions? noisy?
Paris hotels are generally poor value for money, but this is a small suburb representing a major chain, it should be a a lot better for the money. I travel for business every week and this is a terrible hotel. service is unfriendly and suspicious,

Room Tip: go to the Radisson Blu down the street
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Boulogne-Billancourt hotels

Rome, Italy
Reviewed 16 February 2014

In a nutshell: I booked a room, but instead I found myself sleeping in a construction site, having my worst hotel experience ever.

This hotel is under complete renovation, all the floors are under refurbishment and they indeed are closer to a building site than a hospitality facility: dust everywehere, cables and wires hanging from the ceiling, dirt, bad smell. The smell of paint coming from the corridors into the rooms was simply sickening and made my stay a torture. All the basic "comfort requisites" of any hotel were simply missing, so it is really impossible to give to this hotel a positive review.

I think it is simply unfair to keep this hotel open while refurbishment works are under way in the whole building, and it is even more unethical not to inform the customer during the booking process. I would have chosen a different one if I was aware of what I would have found there.

The worst part is they charged a ridiculously high price for this: 300 euros for two nights (breakfast not included) to sleep in that mess. Simply out of this world.

Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 14 February 2014

The hotel was being repainted, there were plastic covers all over the building, a very strong smell of paint and dust everywhere, even in the rooms. However no discounts were offered for this exceptional state.
The rooms are old fashioned and very small.
One evening returning, I found that housekeeping had forgot to close my window and the dirty sheets of another room were still on my desk.
Handed in important items to store that were not properly handled.

Reviewed 11 February 2014

Be careful when booking this hotel as its under renovation. The hallways are dusty and smell of glue and paint. The floors in the hallways are covered in plastics.
The rooms themselves are small and a bit old, but have everything you would expect in a 3 star hotel. Breakfast is simple, but affordable for Parisian standards. I also found that the walls in the rooms are thin, I could clearly hear my neighbours phone conversation.The one thing that really is missing is a shower curtain.

Paris, France
Reviewed 3 January 2014

I stayed here for one night, as a last minute option as I needed a hotel room in that area for a meeting in the following morning. The location is good, with the line 9 metro station right in front of the hotel.

The room was clean and ok in size. The decoration was a bit dated and it could use some renovation (my room had a squeaky floor). Also, as the hotel is on a big avenue, front rooms can be noisy.

The staff was helpful and they offered me a complimentary breakfast, which was very simple, with not a lot of variety. The coffee was surprisingly good though, not the weak / watered down coffee.

Overall, I think the hotel was too expensive for what it delivered. And unless you need to be in Boulogne-Billancourt, for the same price one can get a 3-star hotel in Paris.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Vienna, Austria
Reviewed 29 August 2013

I found the hotel on internet and the Booking.com price was Euro 80 per night.
When I phoned the hotel directly, they quoted Euro 150 for the same room.
So I booked by Booking.com and got the room for the agreed Euro 80.

Initially, I was pleased at the location; right next to the metro station and in a good area.
However, there were problems:
I stayed for three nights. Sky News was supposed to be available but it did not work.
The Hotel Reception said they'd get it fixed, but it didn't work any of the time I was there. Neither did RAI-1 (Italian TV), or Euro Sports. These were all advertised in the hotel directory as being available.

Also, although the internet connection worked on day 1 it did not work on days 2 and 3. The Hotel Reception was informed, but nothing happened. I explained that I needed Internet to make my onward bookings and to check my bank account.

Furthermore, there was no complimentary coffee, milk, or sugar, and also no shower gel on day 2.

When checking out, I recounted the problems and asked if they could adjust my bill because of the TV and Internet problems, however they said, "No", and calmly charged me the full amount of 8 Euros per day for parking. I would have thought they might have wanted my goodwill but apparently not.

Room Tip: Don't book by telephone or walk in, use booking.com
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Boulogne-Billancourt
Ibis Paris Boulogne Billancourt
Ibis Paris Boulogne Billancourt
#9 of 24 in Boulogne-Billancourt
Best Western Hotel Ohm by HappyCulture
Kyriad Prestige Paris Ouest Boulogne
Kyriad Prestige Paris Ouest Boul...
#1 of 24 in Boulogne-Billancourt
Hotel de France
Hotel de France
#17 of 24 in Boulogne-Billancourt
Apparthotel Mercure Paris Boulogne
Apparthotel Mercure Paris Boulog...
#11 of 24 in Boulogne-Billancourt
Radisson Blu Hotel, Paris-Boulogne
Radisson Blu Hotel, Paris-Boulog...
#3 of 24 in Boulogne-Billancourt

Been to Best Western Select Hotel? Share your experiences!