“The only restaurant in Paris we visited twice”
Review of l'Etoile Philante

l'Etoile Philante
Reserve with
Save up to 20% when you reserve online *
l'Etoile Philante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Dallas, Texas
“The only restaurant in Paris we visited twice”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

What a wonderful neighborhood restaurant. The proprietress was warm and simply a delight. As others have said, the restaurant contributes profits to a different charity which she selects each three months. There is a daily "special" (we had a terrific salmon tartare) a wonderful crab entree (appetizer) which I recommend highly, and a choice of light and tasty deserts. On the second visit, we were remembered and the proprietress put together a vegetarian plate for my wife and served us each a lovely rose'. If we had been in Paris longer I would be able to recommend even more dishes but unfortunately we left the day after our second visit. We will return.

• Visited June 2014

“Cozy ”
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

A truly French experience (I was the only foreign) in a not-pretentious environment. Food was great from beginning to end, even though I'm not a fan of polenta they made me change my opinion about it. My order toke a bit longer than expected and they kindly offered me a complimentary drink to make up for it, and in fact they didn't need to, the wait was totally worthy. I totally see that they do it for a good cause as you can see the passion that they print on the food and service. One of my best experiences in this trip :)

Webb City, Missouri
“Memiore excellente!!!!”
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

An absolutely lovely experience. Unique delicious food with such warm twinkling service. We felt like we were in a dear friends home being treated to one lovely surprise after another. Graciously attended and even a special Au Revoir.

Sydney, Australia
“Excellent dinner”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

This is an interesting little restaurant, where the profits go to charity. Delicious food, excellent service.

Visited May 2014
Western Massachusetts
“Eat well while doing good”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

This restaurant had just opened and was close to where we were staying. Walking by one evening, we were tempted by the menu in the window, and went in. And we were so glad we did! We liked everything about this place. The proprietress was gracious, the tables were beautifully set, the decor was spare but tasteful, and the food was superb. I had a steak with Bearnaise sauce served with a most generous helping of mushrooms on the side as well as a beautiful green salad and some delicious vegetables. For dessert, a lemon tart big enough to share. All at a most reasonable price.

As the name of the restaurant suggests, there is a higher purpose in offering this delightful experience--to fund a charity which helps women to gain self esteem and become self supporting.

So, if you have the opportunity to have a really great dinner, in a lovely neighborhood, served by a dedicated and charming hostess, and do good in the world at the same time, why eat anywhere else?

• Visited March 2014