“convenient and good price”

and 1 more site!
Pythagore Residence Grande Arche
Paris, France
“convenient and good price”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I stayed there several months AND also as hotel (by night) and it is a different set up.
The building is a little dirty and yes, the moquette is going crazy... But it is convenient as it is located very close to la Defense and you have access to a lot of shop in a range of 10-20mn walking. You have the RER and metro station La defense by 15mn walking range, and 5mn range for the tramway T2. You have monoprix (supermarket) in a range of 5mn walking.
I find the price by night quite good comparing to other and you have a small kitchen so i think it is pretty good.
The apartment located at the upper floor have a very nice view! I stayed at the 8, 9 and 10th floor and i enjoyed the view, with a small balcony. As for the noise, it depends but i think it is ok.
For the room, the size is ok, and one thing i liked is that the kitchen was separated form the sleeping room by a door, so you hear less the fridge...
You can have a parking space if you want as well.
The staff is nice and helpful.
For me, the negative aspect is that sometimes it is dirty in the building, and the bathroom in some apartments.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank thibaud c

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 March 2013

I stayed in this apartment complex for 4 months, 20 August - 22 December 2012 whilst I was studying in Paris, There were some advantages to this - location: It is located in La Défense area of Paris, so it's near all the large tower blocks for businesses, very modern. There is a large shopping centre, cinema and banks, pretty much everything you need as well as it being a 10 minute walk to the Metro which obviously will take you anywhere you need in Paris, Public transport is great. It's a really safe area and the building is secure (fob on your keys for main door). Disadvantages: There are quite a lot, especially because I was there for 4 months, When I arrived the room was filthy which I didn't expect for paying €670 euros a month.
What you get for this is a studio flat: a bed(need your own sheets etc), a desk, a table, 2 chairs, 2 bedside tables and there is a chest of drawers and a wardrobe. In the hallway in your flat there is a small kitchenette with a 2 ring electric hob, microwave, fridge and a sink (all plates are supplied) and a bathroom which was a decent size, (good you have your own one, toilet, sink, shower) you're allowed 15m(cubed) allowance of water without being charged extra - I went over by 11€ and I'm a guy who doesn't take a long shower - watch yourself if you do. I also had a balcony too which was nice. The heating is electric, so you're paying for that on top of it (expensive and stressful to set up because I'm not a french speaker, and reception wasn't very useful - they were quite rude when we arrived and not very helpful or welcoming to someone who just moved to a different country)
The building: It's quite grotty but not TERRIBLE, there's a cleaner lady but i'm not sure what she does to be honest. the lifts are painfully slow for a 11 story building, washing machines and a gym in basement (20€ for 5 washes) you also do not have use of this canteen they advertise, it's locked up.
My main issue was when I had a leaking pipe in my room, I was phoned in the morning saying someone would be coming up to fix it, *great, it's getting fixed soon I though*,"Technician" who doesn't speak much english came in and turned off my water. He then proceded to rip out the pipe and say he was going to buy a part to fix it, This was on Thursday. Friday came, I went to uni and it still wasn't fixed, I left a note under their door so they'd see it Saturday morning and fix it (they close at lunch on sat) I came home for Uni and it wasn't fixed, they are closed on Sundays and it was still broken on Monday, It wasn't until I spoke to my uni and they chased them up about it, I got a different room for 1 night until tuesday when it was fixed which i really appreciated. THANK GOD i could use my friends shower etc, Having no water for 5 days is just not OK!

-Final kick in the teeth, getting deposit back this week I was charged 15€ and 11€ for cleaning my shower and kitchen which was DISGUSTING when I arrived, but somehow they can justify charging me even though I left it very clean.

-Internet was ethernet when I was there, I think they recently upgraded it to wi-fi
- Hot in the summer, no air con'
- Quiet building, Secure rooms.

Overall living in this accommodation, I wouldn't recommend, they just don't treat you with the respect you deserve as a paying customer. If you're coming to Paris to study, try Cité Universitaire, All my friends stayed there and it was great and a great deal cheaper.

Pythagore - I am glad to see the back of you.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
6 Thank Ewan1211

Travellers are raving about these Courbevoie hotels

Geneve
Reviewed 11 March 2012

The building is quite old and dirty, a part of the lobby, the floors corridors are very dirty and the moquette is missing in some parts. At the last floor it seemed they had water coming in. The studios are small and very dirty. The bathroom facilities are old and the tubes are all external on the floor, which make really difficult to clean. The kitchen in small as well and when I switched on the ventilation system dust starts to come over the food. From the windows come in strange insects which I di not well identified. The wardrobe is tiny and inside you have the water boiler. The gym consists in a room in the basement where there is no air circulation! The smell is so strong that is nearly impossible to stay there and breath. A part for the facilities it is very noisy because of many parties going on in the building. It is not quite at all. The most impressive point is the staff. It is very unfriendly and sometimes can be rude, the only person polite is the maintenance guy! It does not seem the staff has been trained to be welcoming starting from the manager of the residence.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
18 Thank studenttt
Bhopal, India
Reviewed 1 April 2011

I stay in this hotel when its a longer duration because the hotel studio rooms is equipped with a small kitchen with utensils, where some small cooking can be managed independently. You have iron facility and chargeable use of washing machine. Complementary breakfast is OK. Internet speed is also OK.
The place is quiet. Room has good furniture - bed and table chair for decent stay.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank skagarwal74
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 20 December 2010

This is an apartment complex in La Defense area outside of Paris in Zone 3. We paid 60 Euro a night for a small studio apartment. You get what you'd expect for the price. Nothing special, but if you want to save some money it is fine. It was clean which is very important to us. It did have free internet in the room which we used for Skype calls back to the US. There is a 5-10 minute walk to the metro and then a 15 minute train ride to the center of Paris. There is a very good shopping mall connected to the metro station as well.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ch5082
Also consider these accommodations in or near Courbevoie
Residhome Courbevoie la Defense
citizenM Paris La Defense
#663 of 1,800 in Paris
Best Western Rives de Paris La Defense
Adagio Paris La Defense Le Parc

Been to Pythagore Residence Grande Arche? Share your experiences!