If you are looking for a good value hotel and don't mind being outside the centre of Paris, then you should definitely consider staying at the Mercure Paris La Defense 5.
OK, technically speaking it is not even in Paris, as the La Defense area falls outside the Paris boundary. However, it is only 3 miles from the Arc De Triomphe/Champs Elysees and there are excellent transportation links to the city centre. Also, if you are feeling energetic you could always walk into Paris, as my wife and I did on more than one occasion during our stay over the Easter weekend.
The hotel itself is a circular building and located not too far from the Grande Arche and Les Quatre Temps shopping centre (about a 10 minute walk). Inside the hotel, there is a modern reception area, which is large and spacious and on the 12th floor there is a fitness room.
Our bedroom was on the 11th floor and it was a reasonable size and compared well with others we have stayed in. In the room was a flat screen TV, tea/coffee making facilities, a safe and if you required it there was free wired internet. The bathroom, like the bedroom, was a good size and very clean.
Breakfast was included in our rate and this is served in the restaurant on the ground floor. There was a good choice of food, which included fresh fruit, cereals, bread/rolls, pastries, cold meats and cheese. There was also a selection of cooked food (bacon, sausages, scrambled eggs) and an egg boiler, which allowed you to boil your own eggs.
All the staff (reception, house keeping, restaurant etc.) we encountered during our stay were polite and very friendly.
OK, if you want to be in the heart of the action, then this is probably not the place for you. However, if you want to save a few euros on the cost of accommodation then this is definitely a winner.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Mercure Paris La Defense 5 se situe dans le quartier des affaires de La Defense, a seulement 10 minutes en metro du centre de Paris. Les chambres disposent de la climatisation, d'une television par satellite a ecran plat et d'un plateau de bienvenue. Certaines sont dotees d'une machine a expresso et d'un minibar avec des boissons gratuites. L'etablissement propose une connexion Wi-Fi illimitee gratuite ainsi qu'un service de navette entre l'hotel et la station de metro Grande Arche de la Defense. Vous pourrez profiter du centre de remise en forme ou du hammam puis vous detendre dans le bar de l'hotel. Le restaurant Le Bistrot de L'Echanson sert une cuisine francaise traditionnelle. Le Mercure Paris La Defense 5 possede des salles de reunions et un centre d'affaires. Il se trouve a seulement 10 minutes du Centre des nouvelles industries et technologies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Expedia, Lastminute, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Mercure Paris La Defense reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Paris La Defense 5 Hotel Courbevoie
- Mercure Hotel Courbevoie
- Paris La Defense 5 Mercure