Citadines La Defense Paris
Ibis Paris Defense Courbevoie(Courbevoie)(Great Value!)
US$91
US$88
  • Restaurant
US$203
US$190
  • Bar/Lounge
Best Western Rives de Paris La Defense(Courbevoie)(Great Value!)
US$115
US$99
  • Bar/Lounge
US$165
US$155
US$128
US$110
Ibis Styles Paris La Defense(Courbevoie)(Great Value!)
US$101
US$73
La Regence(Courbevoie)(Great Value!)
US$118
US$112
All reviewsmetro stationliving roomsmall fridgebusiness centertall buildingsles quatre tempsextra chargemicrowave ovenfamily staycommercial areacity viewhotel is locatedmin walkbig mallsafe areaeiffel towershopping centre
Reviewed 25 March 2013

Arrived at the hotel after an overnight flight and dropped my bag - good first impression.

I was told my room would be ready by 2pm so I hung around La Defense for a couple of hours (not difficult to spend 2 hours shopping). At 2pm I returned and the room was not ready "a few more minutes" I was told by reception.

A hour and 15 mins later, still no room. After the apparent disinterest of the reception staff I complained to the manager and a room was quickly found for me. Seriously I wanted one room for one night, are the cleaners so inefficient they don't have a single room ready in an hour?

The rooms are adequate but overheated. However I agree with previous comments about not feeling safe, constant presence of cleaners hanging around and making LOTS of noise, probably not the noise of cleaning rooms.

Beds are pretty uncomfortable and had a definite slope to them, so kept feeling like I was rolling out of bed.

Location is good - very close to Metro station and close to Pont de Neuilly so a short walk from lots of restaurants, bars etc and central Paris.

On checking out, the reception staff (female this time) was very friendly and helpful and did redeem the hotel a little to me, but I will not be staying here again in a hurry.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Krautcons
Reviewed 21 March 2013

Caution at the Citadines La Defense.

I'm a lone, female traveller. I chose this hotel in Paris because the Citadines Trafalgar Square in London was very pleasant but I would not recommend the Citadines La Defense in Paris.

My biggest disappointment was that the Citadines hotel is not visable from the road. In fact, the hotel reception is so far off the main road, behind two larger, well lit hotels (Ibis/Novotel) that its reached by walking up an un-lit slope that reaches behind some other buildings. This is not safe to walk alone and taxis have trouble finding it.

I used 4 taxis during my stay and none of them could find the Citadines. This caused me to be late on two occasions and increased my fare significantly.

On the subject of safety, It's incredibly important that I can lock my room from the inside. I understand that modern hotels have an 'automatic' locking mechanism when the door closes but I have stayed in enough hotels to know that most of them have a lock on the inside that a guest can activate if they wish to feel protected. This was not possible at the Citadines Paris. A lock was fitted to the inside of my door but it did not turn left or right. This caused me some anxiety that I had not experienced at other hotels.

The hotel staff are lovely, very helpful and the hotel itself is clean and modern but it has none of the comforts I need when I travel. For example, the bathroom did not have a razer, tissues, toothpaste etc. Not all hotels do, I accept that so make a note that this is one that does not. My apartment kitchen did not have a welcome pack or mini bar with snacks and drinks in the fridge. Again, I accept that not all apartment hotels offer a starter pack but there is no supermarket in the surrounding area. The closest is a taxi ride away (good luck getting home with your purchases) so tea/coffee/water would have been helpful. Especially considering how hot the room was. I'm very pleased that my room was heated but even after I switched 'both' thermostats to off my room was still stifling.

On the positive side the Citadine chain always offeres free coffee in reception and the room rate was very reasonable but when a very large Ibis and a very large Novotel are next door and roadside I would not chose to stay at the Citadine Paris again.

Room Tip: If you prefer to sleep in an average temperature you may wish to request a room on the lower floors
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Josie J
Reviewed 5 March 2013

I managed to pick up a discounted rate to stay here last May and it was a great little apart hotel. I was in a refurbished room so it looked exactly like the picture. To be fair I never normally stay in less than 4 stat but this was actually really good. Easy to find and location wise, with the metro on the doorstep it was effectively close to everything!

Couldn't find fault - will definitely consider for my next city trip to Paris.

Room Tip: Request a refurbished room - not sure if they all are but these were lovey
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 January 2013

Only some dozen meters away from the Esplanade metro station. Small, but well equiped rooms, with a small kitchen and bathroom. Clean sheets and towels. Breakfast is not included, for 14 € not quite a bargain. W-LAN available in the room. Overall a good choice for a couple of days spent in Paris.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank yvica
Lucie P, Guest Relations Manager at Citadines La Defense Paris, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Citadines La Défense as your accommodation during your holiday in Paris. It is always encouraging for us to learn that our valuable residents are satisfied with our service.

We hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again in the near future.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed 20 January 2013

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com