Citadines La Defense Paris
Great 4.5/5
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Charlemagne(Neuilly-sur-Seine)
Good 3.5/5
All reviewsmetro stationliving roomsmall fridgebusiness centertall buildingsles quatre tempsextra chargemicrowave ovenfamily staycommercial areacity viewhotel is locatedmin walkbig mallsafe areaeiffel towershopping centre
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Location is very convenient for public transport. Studio looked compact but pretty and clean. However, outside of glass of the window was very dusty. Bathroom was neatly set. Wash basin was hard to use as water drained very slowly. Water pressure wasn’t great at the shower, but served the purpose. Kitchen was small, but handy. Wi-Fi was fair in the room. Overall the studio was up to our satisfaction.

We started on Friday for a week, and did not expect mid week housekeeping services. One afternoon when I was coming in, adjacent studio door was wide open and a lady was watching the TV stretching her legs on the table. I hesitated for a moment to pass that door to go to ours. She said “Your room is ready”

At a glance it looked tidied up but knob of the washbasin was left unsettled in the basin. Only a minute later we came in, a supervisor came to ask if the room was cleaned up to our satisfaction. We said "Yes"

After that, I found two small pillows previously placed on the red drapery, were folded in the same drapery and kept on a chair. Stack of plates looked clean and done. I took the top one to use and stunned to see the butter underneath it. I felt something lumpy on the bed, under my upper back. When examined I found that the new sheet was spread on the set of older bed sheets leaving the older sheet folded. The older sheets were covered by only one new sheet and we had nothing to cover ourselves at night.

Surely, If this maid didn’t show up, we could be much happier about the hotel Citadines.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SuboDayan
Reviewed 13 October 2013

This was one of my worst stays ever, I have to say it was very expensive and in no way deserved the price paid. Rooms were cold and not really in literally meaning of the word cold but cold as opposite of cozy. I paid also for the breakfast and could reach my table only after disturbing all others sitting on my way. I would not stay there again if don't have to.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Aytun S
Reviewed 29 September 2013

It's hard to find value for money in Paris, and Citadine's La Defnese is no exception. For my €202 I got a studio room for 1 night. It was pretty old, the decor itself seemed out of kilter with the development of la defense.

Service was friendly enough and the internet access was included and enough to stream video which is a great surprise.

Some might rate it lower, but for me it was clean and on par in terms of price for many other Paris hotels. If you want something better you'll certainly have to pay the price.

I normally take photos of the rooms I stay in, but this one was void of any character so I didn't bother. Imagine 3 star Ibiza hotel and you get the idea.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 September 2013

We staid for 1 week in December 2012.

The rooms are very clean, big enough, medium hallway with kitchen appliances, average bathroom.
Clean hotel, with very friendly staff. Good breakfast but very limited regarding food variety.

Would stay again here.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 September 2013

I stayed for a night in Citadines la Defense. The rooms are small and the only advantage is that you are close to office in La Defense if you work there.

Even though one can cook in the room, the space is less to do elaborate cooking. Also, at this price, one expects a full working restaurant. However, only breakfast is served and is just average.

The suprise was Indian (Hindi) channels available on TV!

Recommended only for a short stay on business

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business