We spent spring break in Paris this year, and lucked into this fabulous hotel. This is the best hotel we've stayed in during our 2 yrs of living in Europe.
We rented a 1 bedroom apartment for our family of 4, and it was just the right size. The rooms were spacious and well-equipped, with a king sized bed and small storage unit in the bedroom, and a couch that made 2 twin beds in the main room. The toilet was separate from the shower room, which makes life easier with a group of people. The furniture was mainly IKEA, but was in good repair and the room was very clean. The kitchenette was tiny, but had everything necessary to make meals and included a dishwasher.
The location of the hotel is excellent. Just a few hundred meters from the door of the hotel is the large plaza of Le Defense. It has wonderful views of the Arc de Triomphe and the Eiffel Tower, plus the modern arch on the plaza. The nighttime view here was spectacular. There is a Metro Station just 300 meters from the hotel, under the plaza, and we never took our car out of the parking garage or used a taxi. The Metro was just too convenient. There is also a large mall with a grocery store and several restaurants on the end of the plaza where the modern arch lies, roughly a 1 km walk from the hotel. Even in the cold, rainy dark, this was an easy walk for our 7 and 9 year old boys. And if you really don't want to walk, it's a single Metro stop from the hotel.
The only major drawback I noted was that the hotel is virtually impossible to locate with a TomTom. We ended up calling the hotel after going under the Seine numerous times trying to find the hotel. They advised us to use a rival hotel's name, as they are next door to each other.
This is not a charming, old world hotel, but a well-located, modern hotel ideal for providing a home base to explore Paris. We've recommended it to all our ex-pat friends in Holland.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally located at the entrance of the business district of the La Defense, the residence Fraser Suites Harmonie is 50 meters away from the subway station Esplanade de La Defense and will allow you to reach directly the tourist attractions of the capital. You will join Place de la Concorde, Champs-Elysees and Arc de Triomphe in 10 minutes only. Our 134 comfortable and spacious Suites & Appartements, which display a new design, have a contemporary design and include all a completely equipped privative kitchen. Going from 38 to 70m ², most of the suites have a balcony offering a view on the Esplanade or the Seine. Whether it is for one night, several weeks or several months, our 134 Suites & Appartements associate perfectly the services of a hotel with the comfort of completely furnished apartments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Fraser Suites Harmonie Paris La Defense reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fraser Suites Harmonie La Defense Hotel Courbevoie
- Fraser Hotel Courbevoie
- Fraser Hotel Harmonie La Defense