“Good for 4 day stay”

Fraser Suites Harmonie Paris La Defense
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Courbevoie
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Stayed at Citadines next door (don't do that if you have a choice) previously and decided to stay in Fraser Suites this time for my business trip in La Defense. For the uninitiated, there aren't plenty of good accommodation selection in the La Defense area, either they are convenient and expensive (think Renaissance, Hilton, Sofitel) or else not value-for-money (like Citadines or some of the other aparthotels in the area). Last time I stayed in Citadines, the taxi driver had a tough time locating the entrance.

Back to Fraser Suites, maybe because I came in off-peak, the prices were great for the 1-bedroom - they have all the cooking facilities and utensils in the apartment that you cook or heat your food. It is a 10-minute walk to Auchan supermarket where you can buy your groceries for the week, but don't be the idiot foreigner that I was, when I went to Auchan I did not borrow any shopping carts from the hotel (they should have it), and I had a tough time lugging my groceries back. The amenities and soaps used in the room are Lóccitane, it is a 3-minute walk to the Espanade la Defense metro.

The reason I took 1 star away from this otherwise excellent stay is because I left my Bose headsets in the taxi, and when I informed the hotel showing them my taxi receipt, they could not locate the taxi company saying that it was a small company that does not operate on weekends. They promised to try again on Monday, but there were never any follow-ups.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 19 December 2013

Even though I'm used to the "minus two stars" adjustment factor that has to be used in many case in Paris when looking at hotel stars, this "5" stars place really hit it off the park in terms of being far from where they should be. The place is dated, unclean and the service is quite mixed, from a very efficient receptionist to one that really makes you wish you were elsewhere.

The house keeping service is also quite depressing.....in short, if you can at all avoid it, please do.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Carlos A
Fshfslc, Directeur général at Fraser Suites Harmonie Paris La Defense, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share you experience with us through Trip Advisor.
First, together with my team, I would like to express my apologies for your stay.
As I can read, we did not meet your expectations.
As you know, guest comments are our biggest tool of improvements, and we will of course work hard on the points that you mentioned.
Regarding our Hotel Residence, we will start a renovation program as of April 2014, and our 134 Suites will be fully renovated by the end of 2014.
This renovation will be organized so that our guests will not be disturbed and service will remain our priority.
I hope you had the time to go through our other guest comments, expressing most of the time, the friendliness and positive attitude of the team.
Next time you travel to Paris, please feel free to contact me directly, you could may be try our second property, Fraser Suites Le Claridge Champs-Elysées, just fully renovated, located right in the middle of the Champs-Elysées.
With my Warmest Regards,

Christophe Radvansky-Directeur Général

Reviewed 9 November 2013 via mobile

Our family of 5 stayed in a 2 bedroom suite, it was wonderful. The kitchen was perfect size to make some small meals and had a full size fridge. I had a corner room so we had two balconies one on each side. Perfect location, a short subway ride into Paris and a short walk to a major mall with an Auchan to purchase groceries. I would highly recommend this hotel. Also the parking garage is great and feels really safe lots of keys and accesses to get in.

Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Stayed here with 2 small kids. Nice and large suites, we had 1 bedroom, kitchen, and living dining room, which is good to have all this space when traveling with kids. Rooms we're clean enough but not what I would call stellar. Furnishings modern and functional, though building itself is not modern. Good value for money. Staff helpful. Location is right next to a metro station which made access to the city center very easy.
The downside:- location location location. The building is an old concrete 1960's construction in a apartment complex that has definitively seen better days. Our view overlooked a half empty concrete apartment building with overgrown balconies and boarded up shops. Area is a business district (la defense, obviously, discovered this after i arrived) which means there are few shops/restaurants and it's a ghost town on the evening. So a bit of a mixed bag really, nice rooms, good location, just don't expect that classic Parisian environment outside.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 October 2013

We booked 4 nights here with our 4 year old and grown up daughter with a view to doing disneyland and grown up stuff - going to see le vrai paris.

Place was great and service was excellent. Metro station is 1 minute walk and RER to Disneyland is 10 mins away. (altho' a 55 minute train ride)

Rooms are huge although a bit tired but grand. Only real reason for docking a star from the suites is that it's in the middle of the business area and there's something weird about being in paris and walking out into a concrete jungle - with the suites also looking a bit tired from the outside.

Given the space, view of the Seine, price and ease of access to the metro I would recommend but probably not return.

Oh and beds are very comfortable.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Ianmj8
Reviewed 27 September 2013

This was the first time I booked Service apartment. and my experience was amazing. We booked 1 bedroom apartment. I was travelling with my sister and cousins. Total 4. Before we were planning to book 2 bedroom apartment, but when we called the hotel, they told us it is not necessary to book 2 bedroom apartment for 4 people and we can easily accommodate ourselves in 1 bedroom apartment. that saved our plenty of cost. We reach Hotel by Subway metro and it was easy to locate. very close to metro station. Reception was very helpful. Room was EXCELLENT. Clean and surprisingly very SPECIOUS. I would say what we saw on hotels website, it was exactly like that. Spotless, clean, well equipped with enough Towels, toiletries, bed linens, pillows. We didn't need to call reception for anything. AS soon as we took room hotel send a basket gift which contains salt, oil, coffee, cream, soft drink cans, Date Pack, and pack of rice. Hotel reception also told us that we can buy other grocery at near by supermarket AUCHAN. Staff was very helpful everyday we went to ask them how to travels to some attraction and they always guide us with maps and helpful instruction.
In other word this is the perfect place to stay alone, with family, friends in Paris. If I ever went to Paris again FRASER SUITS will be my only option to stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Sidhdarth D
Reviewed 24 September 2013

We stayed in the one bedroom flat for about 3 months when I was doing my training in Paris. It's long enough that it feels like home. The one bedroom flat has separate living room, separate kitchen, bathroom and toilet. They even provide us with a baby bed for our daughter, free of charge. The staff was really kind, friendly and helpful. They really care about they're guesses. I think it's one of the strong point of this hotel. Friendly hotel staff is not something you could find everywhere in Paris. The bedroom was nice and very comfortable. I do think that the living room could used some refurbished, especially on the carpet. The location is excellent, 2 minutes from metro station. You can even walk for less than 15 minutes to reach the much bigger station and bus hub. Overall it's really a pleasant place to stay.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Courbevoie
Melia Paris La Defense
Residhome Courbevoie la Defense
Hilton Paris La Defense
Hilton Paris La Defense
#5 of 41 in La Defense

Been to Fraser Suites Harmonie Paris La Defense? Share your experiences!