“STAY AWAY! Bed bugs!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Courbevoie
Vancouver
“STAY AWAY! Bed bugs!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2006

My room had bed bugs/ticks and they kept saying they cleaned it. I got bitten so much. I have over 200 stings on my body as a result. Didn't offer to do anything, almost like it was normal. La Defense is a very confusing area to be in so location is just not very good. NO WAY will I ever stay here again.

• Stayed September 2006, travelled on business
      Location
      Check-in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank lkiing

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Arabic first
lancs
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2006

Stayed at the Fraser Suites for one night as we went to see Madonna at the Bercy stadium. We booked the one bedroom apartment via LateRooms.com at got this for around £150 for one night (if you book direct. it costs around £190). La Defense is just full of office blocks so I wouldn't say it's great for families. It was great for what we wanted it for i.e. a base with plenty of space to get ready to go out. You have all the facilities you need here....fully equipped kitchen (washing up liquid, dishwasher tablets, tea, coffee all provided), bathroom with separate WC (shower gel, soap etc). Plenty of wardrobe space, an iron, cd player, tv, hairdryer. The only thing we didn't have was some milk to make a hot drink in the morning. The whole place was clean and we soon settled in once we'd unpacked all our stuff. The only downside to this place really is that there are quite a few steps to haul your suitcase up at the metro station and also, the living area of the apartment was quite dark. None of this would put me off staying again though as the idea of space is what I liked the most about this place. The metro station under five minutes walk from the apartments. When you come out of the station, go UP the stairs to the right (heading towards the AXA building), keep walking past a strange looking water feature on your right and when you get to the end, you will see a sign for the Fraser suites.

• Liked — the space
  • Disliked — the location
  • Tips/Secrets — take some milk, make sure you take a case with wheels for all the steps at the metro!
  • Stayed August 2006, travelled with friends
      Location
      Check-in / front desk
2 Thank mrswilky
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2006

I stayed at Fraser Suites La Defense for one night at the end of May 2006. I was in Paris (La Defense) on a 2 day business trip and found the hotel to be extremely comfortable. The hotel was in easy walking distance of La Grande Arche, where our conference was being held and you can get great views of the Seine from your balcony.

The hotel staff were politely, helpful and friendly and the breakfast for €10 was good value for a 4 star hotel, overall I'd have no problems in recommending this hotel to others.

• Stayed May 2006, travelled on business
3 Thank draco0077
New Hope, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2006

Our last-minute accomodations (made just before the Easter holiday when every thing else was booked) were for six non-smoking people. It was a fantastic surprise how terrific this place is. The suite with 2 bedrooms and a trundle sofa in the living room was large, airy, clean and just delightful. We had balconies with a view of the Seine. Fresh flowers in the lobby and a security gate gave the Fraser a very classy feel. The hotel is right on the metro 1 line so it is easy to get to everywhere in Paris. Housekeeping daily. Shuttle service to airport.
Our only complaint was that we could not check-in until mid-afternoon after a very long overseas flight which arrived in the early morning. The staff did secure our bags so we could go exploring until our sutie was ready. I would recommend this hotel to families, as it is roomy and the kitchen is well-equipped.

• Stayed April 2006
1 Thank frenchimpressionist
Wigan, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2006

Hotel in general is great space wise compared to other Paris hotels and having a little kitchen area offers more flexibility for your breakfast.

HOWEVER ... the hotel does not seem to cater for non-smokers. Even if you book a non-smoking room there is little chance of you getting one as they don't seem to exist. A chain smoker must have previously occupied the room I was allocated as it stunk of stale smoke (everything did ... bedding, curtains, sofa, you name it). They could not(or would not) change my room so I was stuck there. This is totally amazing when most hotels around the world understand the need for dedicated non-smoking facilities.

Also beware about the beds themselves. Again the hotel seems incapable of following booking requests. I booked a room with a double bed and only got a single (a bit of a squash).

The hotel does not confirm booking requests so I guess you have to take what they decide to offer.

Good luck !

• Stayed February 2006, travelled on business
4 Thank WAFC
Paris, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2006

A great place to stay if you are looking for more space than the normal Paris hotel rooms. We stayed here for one night with our one year old son as we wanted somewhere we could sit separately once he had gone to bed, rather than all be in a small hotel room. The one bed apartment was ideal - a very good sized bedroom, living room, bathroom, and kitchen good enough for what we needed. We also had a balcony - although not with a great view it was nice enough to sit out. All nicely furnished apart from the balcony which had no chairs - but a minor point - easy enough to take chairs outside. Everything was also very clean. If you are travelling with a baby it was also useful to have a large hall to put all the things such as the pushchair. The staff were all very pleasant, although we didn't really speak to them other than checking in and out. It also has the advantage of a large secure car park. Although not in the centre of Paris it is not too far from everything and has good transport links. Neuilly - with lots of restaurants etc is just across the river - but we ate in the apartment so can't recommend anywhere. We got the apartment for 115 Euros for the night with Expedia France - which was a really good deal, but I would pay the full price as I think they are worth it. I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed March 2006
2 Thank starwizard
Holywood, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2005

My wife and I have been to Paris on several previous occassions and have always been let down by our accomodation. This is despite paying through the nose for it. Any good hotels within our budget have always had very tiny rooms. This year we took our 3 children for some sightseeing. I didn't intend to use the fraser suites for anything other than a quick sleep and wash etc. When I arrived I found 2 good size bedrooms with 2 further beds readily convertable in the lounge area. The kitchen was spotless and had a microwave coffee maker fridge and welcome pack. The whole place was very fresh and had been tastefully decorated and maintained. My Kids used the CD Player and TV. I didn't eat in the Hotel but it was only 9 Euros (sorry I did'nt).
The place is easily reached by metro and a very short walk. I'm already planning on returning (without the kids)as this place is great for couples as well.
I can't recommend it enough.

• Stayed December 2005
6 Thank sombochris
Also consider these accommodations in or near Courbevoie
Melia Paris La Defense
Mercure Paris La Defense
Mercure Paris La Defense
#6 of 16 in Courbevoie
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,117 reviews

Been to Fraser Suites Harmonie Paris La Defense? Share your experiences!