“Cheap and Cheerful in Courbevoie”

Restaurant Le Lassani
Reserve with
Restaurant Le Lassani is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 188 Restaurants in Courbevoie
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Cheap and Cheerful in Courbevoie”
Reviewed 9 October 2013

An unpretentious, friendly Indian eaterie with prices to please in an expensive city. It’s not impossible to get three courses under €20 in Paris but to get three decent-sized portions at that price is rare. I went for the Poisson Tikka followed by the Poisson Punjabi and was (very mildly) disappointed to find that the fish in both dishes was salmon – not that I dislike salmon; but a change would have been welcome! The Tikka consisted of four large chunks of marinated fish and was served with nan bread. I thought this was pretty generous until I saw my friend’s opening dish. He went a la carte (mainly because he didn’t want dessert) and his Mixte Grill was the biggest starter I can ever remember seeing! Just look at the description and take my word for it that all the ingredients were decent sized pieces. In fact his starter was easily bigger than the Poulet Vindalou he chose to follow it. Both curries were mild by English standards; so people like me - who normally wouldn’t touch Vindaloo with a bargepole - might find it equivalent to our Madras. Heaven knows what the Lassani’s Korma is like, though I’d be willing to bet it’s tasty if very mild. Dessert was two good sized scoops of perfectly acceptable chocolate ice cream i.e. it was of a solid constituency and had bits of chocolate in it. I’ve had fruit salad in the past and that’s equally sound – a welcome change from the formule menus whose desserts require the use of a magnifying glass as well as a spoon.

The Lassani is more for hungry value-seekers than gourmets but this was our third visit and we have little doubt there’ll be a fourth when we make our annual trip to Longchamp next year.

• Visited October 2013