See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 12 February 2012

I can understand how travelers could raise an eyebrow at this property when searching for hotels in the Paris area. It's a cheap stay. That's the bottom line. This, however, does not mean the quality of the hotel is bad. On the contrary, I found the Hotel Campanile to be a delightful place to stay during my time in Paris. It has very small rooms but let's face it: you're in Paris. You're not going to spend a lot of time in the hotel! The rooms are clean, comfortable, and bright. The staff at the hotel was very courteous and accommodating to us as I, acting as my group's translator, stumbled through my French as we asked questions about the city, telephone use, breakfast hours, etc. Speaking of breakfast, the one that they provide is outstanding. It's typically French consisting of croissants, fresh fruit, and coffee along with a few other morsels here and there. The metro station is merely a stones throw away and it's about a 10 minute train ride to the Champs de Mars train station which offers easy access to the Eiffel Tower. Train passes can be purchased for a reasonable price right there at the station. The exact figure escapes my memory. Don't raise your eyebrows at the low prices of this property. Grab them! You'll be pleased. Enjoy Paris!

• Stayed: April 2011
3  Thank ryandvy
Quentin G, Directeur général at Campanile Paris Ouest - Gennevilliers Barbanniers, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience.

We are pleased to know that you enjoyed our hotel and that you had a pleasant stay among us.

We would be delighted to welcome you again and hope to see you soon in our establishment.

Reviewed 11 December 2011

My friend and I stayed here on the 2-5th December as part of a Travelsphere group.Having read previous reviews I was a bit concerned but I need,t have worried.The bar area is small,with a TV and a couple of tables and chairs but as I went to France to see Paris,I wasn't bothered by this.The room was spotless and the beds were very comfortable.
Breakfast was a nice surprise,with criossants, pain de chocolate,various cereals,cheeses,meats,breads,fresh fruit and yoghurts.There was tea,coffee or jot chocalte to drink as well as two juices.If someone can't find anything to eat out of that then they must be very picky.
Although the Hotel was further outside of Paris than I would have chosen,it was perfect for what it was

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank carrie95

Reviewed 16 July 2011

i stayed here on part of a school trip on the 11th of july. the hotel rooms were okay but nothing special, me and a friend found a few bugs in the room which was a bit off putting before you get to sleep. although the breakfast was very nice having a small bar where you could make a choice of which foods to eat. Also the rooms are not very sound proof and could hear everything that was happening from about 7 doors down. overalll i do not reccomend this hotel, only if on a tight budget.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank izzyxo

Hello,

We have read your opinion and we thank you.

The comfort of our customers is a priority, we are concerned about the satisfaction of our customers.

I am really sorry that your experience at our hotel has not been as we would have liked.

Your return as a customer allows us to improve every day.

The team and I present our humble apologies, hoping to see you soon in our hotel.

Best regards,

Reviewed 10 July 2011

We stayed at this hotel as part of the Paris Weekend with Travelsphere, the hotel was ok bedrooms comfortable. The drinks at the bar were very overpriced at about £6.50 for a pint of larger, however due to the nearby village looking like a bomb site we did not have much choice but to pay up. Other guests went to the supermarket across the road and bought a crate of larger for £3. We only had the breakfast, which was nice and fresh, no full English on offer but when in Paris. Can I just add that the Travelsphere staff were excellent, Dave the coach driver had more patience than anone I know, and he needed it with the Paris traffic, also Carol the tour guide was an inspiration to us all with the knowledge she showed wherever we visited. If the hotel was a bit closer to the centre of Paris it would have been perfect, but obviously the cost would have been sky high. Well done Travelsphere!
Ernie & Pauline seats 7 & 8

Room Tip: It is not worth worrying about the room, there is very little noise nearby and no views.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank benidorm88

Reviewed 1 July 2011

We stay a part of a large group on a DB&B basis. Although the breakfasts were good the evening meals were poor quality with no choice, starter - meat no salad, main - meat & potato no vegitables, dessert no imagination. Despite asking to change to the set out buffet, the hotel refused both our and the travel company's request.
Reception non existant it was left to our tour organiser to hand out the room allocations and keys. Effectively no bar or indoor lounge area, only tables outside.
Rooms noisy do to traffic on road outside.
Would we stay again- NO! Set a poor example of French hospitality.

Room Tip: Even numbered room quietest, away from road.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank DapatNorfolk

Hello,

We thank you for sharing your experience.

We are sorry to hear that your stay did not go as expected. We sensitized our servers as well as the kitchen team at the catering level.

Rest assured that your comment has been passed on and taken into account.

Hoping to have responded favorably and so we hope to see you again soon in our establishment.

Regards,