See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 20 May 2012

Paris is a city of romantic getaways - but also of overpriced, filthy hotels. If you're arriving by car, parking costs also become part of the equation.

If your budget is high enough, you can just go to a luxury hotel in the center and take parking costs for granted. If not you face the dilemma of whether to park in the Banlieu, stay at a central hotel and hope your car is still there and intact when you get back, or to take a hotel somewhere outside the center and ride into town on the RER.

Campanile Gennevillers Barbanniers lets you do just that. It's located immediately next to a turnoff from the A86 outer ring motorway, and is literally next to the Gennevilliers station on the RER C-line, which will take you directly to the Tour Eiffel, Musee d'Orsay or Notre Dame, and any number of other places with a change. There's also a Leclerc hypermarche on the other side of the station, ideal for any shopping during your visit or to take home.

As with other Campanile hotels it is nothing special, with small rooms with minimal facilities. But it's clean, the bed is big enough, there's free parking and free internet, and the staff are friendly as well.
Less positive was the downside of the location - being located next to a major ring road and its turnoff leads to a lot of traffic noise. The double windows admirably block it out - but the ventilation/"reversible climate control" wasn't working and the room was too warm and too stuffy for my tastes. Reception said the climate control wasn't turned on because it wasn't too hot yet. I wish they would let me be the judge of that - what is the point of having controls for the guest if you don't let him use it. I could live with the temperature if need be, but the stuffy air? I just opened the window and put up with the noise (fortunately I'm used to it, I live near the Amsterdam ring motorway).
Apart from that the neighbourhood sports the usual homeless people (as everywhere in Paris), but they weren't drunk, high or aggressive, even when we returned home late at night.

All in all this place does exactly what it promises - a simple, clean place to stay in a practical location.

Room Tip: The western side of the hotel faces the D911 major road and N315 motorway. If you anticipate wanting to open your window, you'd do well to ask for a room on the eastern side.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Quentin G, Directeur général at Campanile Paris Ouest - Gennevilliers Barbanniers, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience.

We are pleased to know that you enjoyed our hotel and that you had a pleasant stay among us.

We would be delighted to welcome you again and hope to see you soon in our establishment.

Reviewed 12 February 2012

I can understand how travelers could raise an eyebrow at this property when searching for hotels in the Paris area. It's a cheap stay. That's the bottom line. This, however, does not mean the quality of the hotel is bad. On the contrary, I found the Hotel Campanile to be a delightful place to stay during my time in Paris. It has very small rooms but let's face it: you're in Paris. You're not going to spend a lot of time in the hotel! The rooms are clean, comfortable, and bright. The staff at the hotel was very courteous and accommodating to us as I, acting as my group's translator, stumbled through my French as we asked questions about the city, telephone use, breakfast hours, etc. Speaking of breakfast, the one that they provide is outstanding. It's typically French consisting of croissants, fresh fruit, and coffee along with a few other morsels here and there. The metro station is merely a stones throw away and it's about a 10 minute train ride to the Champs de Mars train station which offers easy access to the Eiffel Tower. Train passes can be purchased for a reasonable price right there at the station. The exact figure escapes my memory. Don't raise your eyebrows at the low prices of this property. Grab them! You'll be pleased. Enjoy Paris!

• Stayed: April 2011
3  Thank ryandvy

Reviewed 11 December 2011

My friend and I stayed here on the 2-5th December as part of a Travelsphere group.Having read previous reviews I was a bit concerned but I need,t have worried.The bar area is small,with a TV and a couple of tables and chairs but as I went to France to see Paris,I wasn't bothered by this.The room was spotless and the beds were very comfortable.
Breakfast was a nice surprise,with criossants, pain de chocolate,various cereals,cheeses,meats,breads,fresh fruit and yoghurts.There was tea,coffee or jot chocalte to drink as well as two juices.If someone can't find anything to eat out of that then they must be very picky.
Although the Hotel was further outside of Paris than I would have chosen,it was perfect for what it was

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank carrie95

Reviewed 16 July 2011

i stayed here on part of a school trip on the 11th of july. the hotel rooms were okay but nothing special, me and a friend found a few bugs in the room which was a bit off putting before you get to sleep. although the breakfast was very nice having a small bar where you could make a choice of which foods to eat. Also the rooms are not very sound proof and could hear everything that was happening from about 7 doors down. overalll i do not reccomend this hotel, only if on a tight budget.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank izzyxo

Hello,

We have read your opinion and we thank you.

The comfort of our customers is a priority, we are concerned about the satisfaction of our customers.

I am really sorry that your experience at our hotel has not been as we would have liked.

Your return as a customer allows us to improve every day.

The team and I present our humble apologies, hoping to see you soon in our hotel.

Best regards,

Reviewed 10 July 2011

We stayed at this hotel as part of the Paris Weekend with Travelsphere, the hotel was ok bedrooms comfortable. The drinks at the bar were very overpriced at about £6.50 for a pint of larger, however due to the nearby village looking like a bomb site we did not have much choice but to pay up. Other guests went to the supermarket across the road and bought a crate of larger for £3. We only had the breakfast, which was nice and fresh, no full English on offer but when in Paris. Can I just add that the Travelsphere staff were excellent, Dave the coach driver had more patience than anone I know, and he needed it with the Paris traffic, also Carol the tour guide was an inspiration to us all with the knowledge she showed wherever we visited. If the hotel was a bit closer to the centre of Paris it would have been perfect, but obviously the cost would have been sky high. Well done Travelsphere!
Ernie & Pauline seats 7 & 8

Room Tip: It is not worth worrying about the room, there is very little noise nearby and no views.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple