“Pleasure stay with good room and staff”

Adagio Paris Porte de Versailles
Hong Kong, China
“Pleasure stay with good room and staff”
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Staying there for 2 weeks in April of spending my holiday and first time in France. While checking in being greeted with polite staffs, ( u know if u speak English in France may not be good, lol). Getting a 4-people family room, a big room it is, nice for family travelling. Wifi is only good in the lobby, but in the room it is not stable all the time.
In the lobby, there are few vending machines inside, it is a kind of convenience but of course little bit expensive then u buying in the supermarkets. If you want ice, or wine openers, then must go to lobby to ask the staff to borrow.
Nearby the hotel, on the right hand side will be a little street having a tiny supermarket, an Italian restaurtant, one Japanese and one pizza. Pizza is not very good but u can find something good and really cheap there. It's a kind of fun.
The location is fine. Nearby the metro station Porte des Versailles and having light rail front of the hotel. A calm place right there.
Depending on the prize of the rooms, should stay once more if also going to Paris again, but the rooms are not only for the hotel guests, if you having about 200,000EURO then the hotel can sell a room to you. Well it is very cheap for us in Hong Kong, a kind of good place to live which not close to the busy city but doesnt need too much time.
All in all the hotel is fairly good, if you guys driving, then this is good to stay becuase having car parks inside. And a nice room environment with soft beds and huge sofas for you to sleep.

Room Tip: the prices are good, so can choose the largest one either 2 or 3 people. Like your home.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Czech first
  • Turkish first
Annandale, Virginia
Reviewed 14 April 2013

I work in Paris regularly and a requirement was that I would be able to Skype home to talk with my family. When I stayed in November there was no problem with the connection but now - April 2013 - the internet has been absolutely abysmal. I have had problems getting and keeping a connection and have been able to communicate with my son via internet. The staff explained that there were a lot of guests (which was stated in an earlier review as well) but this explanation indicates the problem persists and they know about it. There were large groups here, but even on the less busy nights, I had to go to the lobby to check email...Perhaps proximity matters as last time I was on the first floor, this time on the sixth.

As for the apartment, very decent with everything one could need, but not lavish. I personally don't like the sink location against the wall...hard for me as a left handed person to use it when it is all the way right so imagine it is the same for right handed people when it is all the way left.

The breakfast at 10 euros is quite expensive for what you get. A quick trip to the Monoprix and you can do much better, if you don't mind cooking.

Room Tip: Higher floors may have harder internet connection problems. Not sure if this is the case. If I under...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 15 February 2013

It's great to rent an apartment if you need to stay more than 2 or 3 days. I found it very comfortable to have more space, a couch and a kitchen. I just would have liked to have a gym in the hotel....

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
London
Reviewed 27 December 2012

We stayed over Christmas but I don't think I would recommend it.

The location isn't too bad and is at the southern end of line 12 of the metro. It is about 5 mins walk from Porte De Versailles metro but it isn't easy to find the hotel as it is hidden down an alley. You have to pay €15 per day if you want to park here. There is a small convenience store called Petit Cassini about 5 mins walk but this is a bit pricey. Another 10 mins walk and you'll get to a biggish Monoprix which has a pretty good selection at more reasonable prices.

This place is spacious - there were 7 of us if you include our 15 month old - and we comfortably slept ok here. The windows are huge which means that you can't just open them a little without getting a big draught or rain. We slept I the lounge which had a folding bed. Outside this was the balcony, so the only ventilation was by opening the patio doors. All through the night the air was very dry so you get toasted at night and wake up with a very dry mouth. They did provide a travel cot which was good of them and that fitted easily into the lounge when you had pulled out the folding bed.

There were 2 bathrooms: 1 with a toilet, the other had a toilet in a separate room. The shower had ok power but the temperature control was very sensitive in that if you accidentally moved a few degrees in the wrong direction you either got scalded or freezing cold water.

The kitchen is pretty basic: microwave, sink, cooker hob and dishwasher. Would have preferred a washing machine but alas not in this place. An oven would have been nice, as fried Christmas lunch is just not the same as roasting...They provide cutlery and chopping knives but these are so blunt that chopping vegetables was a truly frustrating chore.

What gripes me most is the service. The wifi is extremely hit and miss. It'll sort of work (at ridiculous hours) for an iPad but not with a smart phone. There is also a daily access code which you need to get to connect for the Internet - that is assuming your device can find the signal. We asked for a chopping board and sharper knives but we were denied. We ran out of toilet paper and dishwasher tablets (after 5 days in this joint) but the curt response from the chamber maid was 'here are 2 more rolls and 1 more tablet after that you have to buy them yourselves' - have you ever heard a hotel saying this ! As for any form of house keeping it doesn't seem to exist until you leave probably.

So location is ok and it does provide basic amenities but don't expect much.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank ASDLondon
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 December 2012

I stayed in the hotel for business and had to pay much more than normal for Paris and for a relatively small and modest suite. WiFi did not work at all at night - "too many guests" - and breakfast was very, very poor. The hotel was much too cold in the common areas.

I planned on checking out around noon as this was the stated checout time in the in-room guide book. Around 11am I came under pressure to depart with a total of three different members of staff encouraging me to leave. One was quite rude on the phone and refused to listen to my point of view regarding the stated departure time in their book.

All in all, a very unsatisfactory stay and I would urge you to consider any other options open to you.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 9 December 2012

I stayed at At Hotel adagio at Porte de Versailles for the salon EDUCATEC 2012 and had a wonderful time. The point of my review is more connected to an experience that occured after my stay. I realized when i got home and unpacked that I forgot a couple of personal belongings in the wardrobe of my apartement there. I instantly called the administration explained the situation. I had to call back since it was night back in France. Every time I called I always talked to very nice people who guarantied that they were going to check the place and will keep me posted . I eventually received a nice email from the gouvernante en chef who told me they found everything and will ship it to me. They also said that it would usually be at my expense but since it took a couple of days to locate everything and talk to the right person they would send everything to me for free which they did! I definitely appreciate such professionalism and I highly recommend this place .

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 11 November 2012

The apartments are big and provide a small but full kitchen. This about where my positive comments end.

The bathroom did not feel clean and had a distinct smell normally found in public equivalents. In addition the drapes, carpets and furniture feel old and worn. I stayed for business and five nights. During this time the wifi worked two times (not full days). The staff just said this was due to too many guests.

Best –Nothing
Good – Full kitchen for longer stays
Not so good – Cleanliness, wifi

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank TheSymmons
Also consider these accommodations in or near Issy-les-Moulineaux
Aparthotel Adagio Paris XV
Aparthotel Adagio Paris XV
#1,225 of 1,800 in Paris
Hotel Oceania Paris Porte de Versailles
Adagio Paris Tour Eiffel
Adagio Paris Tour Eiffel
#1,025 of 1,800 in Paris
Novotel Suites Paris Issy les Moulineaux
Novotel Suites Paris Issy les Mo...
#1 of 12 in Issy-les-Moulineaux
Mercure Paris Vaugirard Porte de Versailles Hotel
Ibis Budget Issy Les Moulineaux
Ibis Budget Issy Les Moulineaux
#3 of 12 in Issy-les-Moulineaux

Been to Adagio Paris Porte de Versailles? Share your experiences!