“Dont have breakfast”

Kyriad Paris Sud - Porte d'Ivry
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Ivry-sur-Seine
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Been there for the weekend, the price was good but the hotel is being restored from the outside. Cleanliness is average, small rooms, decent interior. Possibility to park nearby for free at the weekend and during the night. Personnel are fairly polite. If you re not a fan of yoghurt and butter, DON T HAVE THE BREAKFAST. I might go there again as a conclusion

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 12 September 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights and it was a pleasant stay. I didnt opt for continental breakfast and cant comment on it. The hotel is quite a bit away from Paris centre and the local metro station, so be prepared to do bit of walking. The room was a really small European type with normal facilities. Tea-coffee machine & a small desk+chair was provided which was a good thing. The bed was again an average sort.
The only thing I disliked was the laziness of the receptionist as he ignored my presence while checking-in and out and continued talking nonsense with someone over phone. A 2 min job was well over 15 minutes.
Owning to its sheer distance from city, I would not prefer staying here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 September 2013

Well, this may I visited Paris for the first time and i stayed 3 nights at the Kyriad. I have to admit the only time I spent there was the night but I loved it. The rooms were very clean and the staff very friendly. Also, the breakfast. Mniam-mniam!! It was so good! Loved, loved it. I shared the room with my cousin who is like a sister to me so we had a really girly fun time. The view from the window was nice. Really, really cute room. Loved every minute. Also the staff spoke english (apart from one guy at the breakfast area) so it was easy to communicate. One thing I didn't like were the towels which were quite small. Hmmm, anything else? I loved it. :)

Room Tip: Go to room 304! GO TO ROOM 304! My room, my room, MY ROOM. :D
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 September 2013

We had no problem whatsoever at this Kyriad. We arrived much earlier than expected (1pm), and had to wait about 15 minutes for the room to be ready. The front desk staff were very helpful - and English speaking.

The family room was much larger than expected, with 4 single beds and a large amount of space to move about in. The bathroom was also much larger than expected. We couldn't hear the lifts. There is free secure parking (under the hotel) & free WIFI, and it is a 5 minute walk to the metro, and right next to the Périphérique, so access couldn't be better.

Unfortunately, the restaurant was closed the night we stayed due to "exceptional circumstances" - the reason for a rating of 4 and not 5. There are a number of restaurants a 5 minute walk away - we can recommend the Chinese buffet.

Breakfast was fine, the usual items, eat as much as you like.

All in all a very good value hotel, in a good location.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 May 2013

Although it was somewhat well located for my meeting at the Paris VII University campus (15min walk), the hotel itself was very poor in value-for-money. I paid about the same (150/night) for a wonderful and luxurious room in the exclusive Passy neighborhood last time I was in Paris, so the city is no excuse. How do I start? The room was small, the beds virtually filled the room, the bathroom tiny, there was no breakfast included in the inflated price, the wifi while free (one of the reasons I chose the hotel) was like a 1990s modem-experience. The room had a stale chemical smell, which gave me a headache upon waking (it was my fault to keep the window closed, I admit). The only real advantage is the location if you have a car because it literally is next to the freeway, and the fact that you have an excellent view of this infrastructure. The nearest metro is about a 10-15min walk, which is very long in Paris.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank DavidE3
Reviewed 4 April 2013

I sort of knew what to expect from a hotel located next to Peripherique, but the reality proved a little more brutal. Air conditioning wasn't working properly and our double room was so tiny that after a couple of hours we felt like we were running out of oxygen. The only way to let some air in was to open the window for half an hour - and then the noise was almost unbearable. The hotel has quadruple-glazed windows (double double-glazed to be precise) and that should tell you something about the level of noise outside. Also, we only had hot water in the morning and at one point there was no water at all!

On the plus side, the bed was comfy, with new soft pillows. Hospitality tray with tea, coffee, sugar, milk and a bottle of water was a nice touch as well. Also, I can't fault nice and polite English-speaking staff.

About the neighbourhood, there's a nice looking old windmill 5 minutes away from the hotel and plenty of small eateries. Big supermarket is next door to the nearest metro.

In summary, it's a decent place to sleep but if you go to Paris for romance this hotel is not a good choice. You can't even count on spectacular views from your bedroom window (unless you consider Sixties tower blocks and graffiti-heavy noise screens glamorous).

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Aga I
Reviewed 3 February 2013

Really old and terribly located. I was really suprised when I got there and not only we found out that the hotel was nowhere near the subway, but was also in a dangerous and incredibly ugly area of Paris. If you want to feel like you are not in Paris at all, this is the place you should go to. Besides when we got there despite the fact that they didn't even had our reservations, they said that we would need to pay if we wanted to cancel which was not true because we left 1 hour later when we found another hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Laura V
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ivry-sur-Seine
Adagio Access Paris Quai d Ivry
#5 of 7 in Ivry-sur-Seine
Apogia Paris
#2 of 7 in Ivry-sur-Seine
Lodge In Mis
#817 of 1,803 in Paris
Bercy / Nation
Kyriad Hotel Paris Bercy Village

Been to Kyriad Paris Sud - Porte d'Ivry? Share your experiences!