“terrible staff behaviour”
Review of Apogia Paris

Apogia Paris
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Ivry-sur-Seine
Reviewed 27 June 2013

All hotel staff are very rude and they are not helpful at all. they can not even solve tiny problems. They are from italy and i should not exprect more from them i guess. Beware this hotel and try another one.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank erdemsukruergun_1

Reviewed 20 June 2013

The room was mostly clean, there was mould on the shower curtains and the room smelt a bit damp. It was very hot while we were here and if there is airconditioning in the room it doesn't work. This meant we had to open the window which was very noisy because of a dance academy across the road. The staff were quite rude and unhelpful when we requested toilet paper and soap, which were not restocked during room service. It is about a 10-15min walk from the nearest train station and not a walk I would do at night.

• Stayed: June 2013
ApogiaHotelsGroup, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Apogia Paris, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2013

Dear guest,
thanks for your tripadvisor report.
We consider the guest feedback of paramount importance whether good or bad.
We are disappointed to read that your recent stay with us was not satisfactory.
Your comments regarding our receptionist come us a surprise. We always tend to have sufficient staff on duty to ensure that our guests are looked after properly. Your comments have been taken on board and in future we will look at this more carefully. I would to specify that the rooms are cleaned daily.

Reviewed 19 May 2013

I stayed in this hotel during a period where finding a room in Paris was a nigtmare and very expensive.
I found this one who is not downtown but I have to put 5 Stars a comparing the price paid and the services I ve got its a good deal.
Checking very efficient and "smiling". Diner are typical good italian cooking served by charming italian staff , Room clean, very large and quiet.
Some details : free parking for all the stay, free wifi, efficient advices from the staff..
So far for sure its not a 5 stars hotel but its more than a 3 stars .
For having stay in other hotel around , with the same price or similar price i had got small room, impersonal welcome etc..

So definitively a very good choice in his category

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank travelpassionFrance
ApogiaHotelsGroup, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Apogia Paris, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay with us.
I am delighted that we were able to make your stay even more special and I have shared your feedback with the whole team who were equally thrilled.
We all very much hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you both back to our hotel in the not too distant future.

With kind regards,

Reviewed 17 May 2013 via mobile

I hesitated to write this review since I did not complain whilst in the hotel. I seriously doubt it would have made any difference had I done so.

My room was boiling hot throughout my stay, decor was tired, holes in the carpet, bathroom flooded every morning no matter how hard I tried to arrange the shower curtain. Towels not replaced on one day. The bed was very comfy though.

My biggest concern is the standard of food served in the hotel.

I have never before been served overcooked dried chicken in green sludge for dinner nor have I been given stale bread in a basket adorned with freshly chewed gum. Indeed, the waiter who served me was so embarrassed by the comedy dinner that he insisted I had a limoncello on him. The rose wine was dreadful also, a crime in France, surely?

At breakfast I noticed that several oranges in the fruit display were mouldy. I found myself wondering what else had been left lying around unchecked and uncovered.

Customer service is lacking.

One evening a colleague and I waited in the bar for half an hour before we were even acknowledged and when we were, we were told brusquely that the member of staff was on her own and overworked. She certainly didn't seem overworked as she laughed and giggled with a rather handsome man leaning nonchalantly against the reception desk.

My French companion looked on in horror as we were belligerently served beer "what do you want?" accompanied by much waiving of hands and huffing and puffing. Add to this a particularly ugly scene where there was a very heated exchange in Italian between the waiting staff and the surly girl on the desk. I cringed as they shouted at each other across the foyer. Appalling.

As usual the hotel was host to large parties of Japanese tourists. Unbidden they rampaged through reception. Sooner or later there will be a fatal accident as the lifts collapse under the weight of their record breaking attempts to get as many people as possible in an elevator.

On my final morning of my stay the desk staff were professional and courteous. What a shame they had not been on duty all week.

If I could stay elsewhere I would. Sadly my company insist on using what we now refer to as "les
Towers Fawlty". My advice, pay a little extra and stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: May 2013
3  Thank Lizzymcbusy
Reviewed 16 May 2013

I stayed at the Apogia last year and this is the first time I have returned since. I did try my hardest to find a suitable alternative but unfortunately nothing really came close in terms of proximity to the office and price. Having read one or two positive reviews since, I hoped that things may have changed somewhat for this return trip.

Having checked in I was given a room on the 6th floor. Up in the lift I went with my luggage, found my room and opened the door to find.... A room with a bed unmade, towels on the floor and a stench that suggested the annual Parisienne cigarette smoking festival had been hosted here just a few hours prior to my arrival. I immediately headed for the room phone to find there were no numbers listed anywhere for reception. So back down I went, in the lift, with my luggage. I went back to reception and had to perform somewhat awkward little dance involving a couple of waves to distract the receptionist from her computer in the back room. I explained what had happened to her and she immediately telephoned someone, had some stern words with them, then snatched my room card off me and flung another one back to me. No apology offered. And with that she shuffled into the back office.

The second room was somewhat better in that it was made up. Additionally there wasn't an overwhelming stench of cigarettes. There might have been, but the overpowering stench of wet dogs perhaps detracted from it. I have no idea why the room smelt like a soggy dog (if you are a dog owner you will understand this). However, the room did seem tidy and cleaner than the first. I think if I was a tripadvisor nerd and undertaken a full inspection on the actual cleanliness of the room I might have been left gagging. But on the surface I was happy to accept that it looked ok. Pretty much as per my last trip really - tired old furniture, bathroom looking somewhat beat up and everything coming across a bit gloomy and dull.

Nevertheless this was a works trip and I was with colleagues so I wasn't going to become all deflated by Apogia syndrome. I met my colleagues for pre-dinner drinks in the bar. Ordering drinks requires guests to take a tactical position somewhere within a triangle between the bar, reception back office, and overlooking hotel restaurant. This was, either the receptionist notices you or someone from the restaurant does. However the former didn't appear to seem particularly interested in serving us drinks and it fell largely on the shoulders of the fellow from the restaurant who would tiptoe down the stairs like Fred Astaire to come and serve us.

Saying all this, I slept ok (beds were comfortable) and breakfast was good this time around. A decent selection of continental breakfast stuff which provided plenty of choice.

I have to say, the one thing that struck me about this particular trip was the attitude of some of the staff. I say some because one or two of them seem quite pleasant and friendly. But there are one or two who were clearly educated in the Basil Fawlty school of hospitality providing sneering looks, abrubt conversation, and lack of common courtesy. Indeed, in some cases, they were so rude, it was hard not to have a little chuckle about it.

As mentioned before, the hotel is cheap in comparison to most other hotels in the region. So I guess you gets what you pays for.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Whippersnapper74
Reviewed 6 May 2013

We were really happy with your stay here, The bed rooms are not huge but they were big enough for we wanted. This hotel is in a nice quite area that I felt was quite pretty, very near some convenience stores and bakeries, and only a short walk to the metro, approx 4 stops on the metro and you are in Paris main hub. We bought a 4 day metro card and used the metro all the time. I could not fault the buffet style breakfast served in the hotel, the staff were always very friendly and helpful. It was a quite hotel, I feel this was due to the fact that it is not situated in the centre of Paris so it didn't attract all the riff-raff.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Shionnach
ApogiaHotelsGroup, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Apogia Paris, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your TripAdvisor report. We would like to say thank you for taking the time to post such positive feedback regarding your recent stay here at the Apogia Paris.We were pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and we do hope that we have the pleasure in welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed 7 April 2013

Nice place - staff were always polite and helpful - hotel was clean and very presentable - bathroom was a little tired, WC was tiny, but everywhere else was top notch, and room very clean and well maintained, so I could forgive the bathroom for a while....

Only had breakfast there (3 nights), but very nice and massive selection

We got a very good deal on it, so not sure what standard prices are, but after all the horror reviews of other places on TA, I was a little concerned the Hotel would be our downfall for the stay, but this was fine.

There is a very large retail mall thing around the corner (1 minute walk) with loads of shops including a huge Carrefour, and about 5-10 minute down the road is a cinema with a couple of very nice and value resturants.

Note that Ivry RER is Zone 2, so we had some issues on day 1 with trains not stopping there (!!!), so from then on in, took a stroll to Bibliotec Francois Mitterand to get the Zone 1 in and didn't get any problems, the RER-C does all the popular stations on the southern river bank, so nice location there too.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Dave H
ApogiaHotelsGroup, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Apogia Paris, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2013

Good morning, thanks a lot for your review, it is very important because it helps us to improve our service.
We are very cheerful that your stay satisfay you.
We waiting for your comeback in our structure
Staff Hotel Apogia Paris

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ivry-sur-Seine
Adagio Access Paris Quai d Ivry
Mercure Paris Ivry Quai de Seine
Mercure Paris Ivry Quai de Seine
#3 of 7 in Ivry-sur-Seine
Novotel Paris Sud Porte de Charenton
Novotel Paris Sud Porte de Chare...
#1 of 3 in Charenton-le-Pont

Been to Apogia Paris? Share your experiences!