“Weekend in paris By car”
Review of Apogia Paris

Apogia Paris
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Ivry-sur-Seine
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Hotel is located quite good,you can have a morning joke among Sen river,easier with car,nice breakfast,big shopping center near by,you dont feel in a heart of Paris,but for travelling for you own is easier,what we have missed was small refrigerator in the hotels room

Room Tip: better to ask upper part of the rooms
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sixmice
ApogiaHotelsGroup, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Apogia Paris, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your TripAdvisor report. We would like to say thank you for taking the time to post such positive feedback regarding your recent stay here at the Apogia Paris.We were pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and we do hope that we have the pleasure in welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

The hotel is fine :
- The room was clean
- The personnal is nice.
- free indoor parking
- Close to the Seine River

The street around are a bit noisy. We haven't tried the breakfast.

Not a paradise but good value.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank jygugenheim
ApogiaHotelsGroup, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Apogia Paris, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

Good morning, thanks a lot for your review, it is very important because it helps us to improve our service.
We are very cheerful that your stay satisfay you.
We waiting for your comeback in our structure
Staff Hotel Apogia Paris

Reviewed 29 August 2013

Just spent the August bank holiday weekend in the Apogia. We got the weekend at a wonderful price and were very surprised at the standard of the Apogia. It was very nice. The staff were super, every single one of them. They spoke to us in either French or English and were all very helpful, very jolly and a pleasure to chat to either sat at the bar or just stood at receiption, we have no complaints whatsoever regarding the staff. I have the view you get the attitude back from someone what you give to them.

The rooms were basic but comfortable. The air conditioning is however in need of changing, it doesn't work very efficiently when it is running. It is controlled by the hotel and reception have no means of over-riding it. It comes on around 8am and goes off around 9pm so through the night it is stuffy and uncomfortably hot. Opening the windows during the night for fresh air is a major problem. The hotel is located on the corner of a very busy junction. There is very heavy traffic and even a nightclub and a dance centre nearby. The noise from all this is horrendous and makes having the window open a no-no. Plus there seems to be many cars and bikes racing each other around this particular spot, so you can hear heavily revved engine noises most of the night.

The second location problem of the Apogia is where is actually is from the Metro. It is approximately 1.5 miles away and a very very brisk 25 minute walk. This walk takes you through a heavy Muslim community which surrounds the hotel and continues all the way to the Metro stations. This can be quite intimidating when walking through the area as there are often groups of people hanging around and it does make you feel very uncomfortable. But there is no two ways about it, you have to go through this to get back to the hotel. The long walk is certainly not welcoming after a whole day walking around Paris, up the Eiffel Tower etc and then knowing you have 1.5 miles back to the hotel.

Going out to eat or drink surrounding the hotel and all you are faced with is kebab and pizza shops and the odd bar with a handful of Muslims inside. So best to drink in the Hotel and eat whilst in Paris centre.

It is certainly worth paying the extra money and getting a Hotel closer to the centre of Paris.

Room Tip: All rooms are the same basic design. There is no good option for getting away from the noisy road...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Debra D
ApogiaHotelsGroup, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Apogia Paris, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2013

Dear Debra,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay with us.
I am delighted that we were able to make your stay even more special and I have shared your feedback with the whole team who were equally thrilled.
We all very much hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you both back to our hotel in the not too distant future.

With kind regards,

Reviewed 27 June 2013

All hotel staff are very rude and they are not helpful at all. they can not even solve tiny problems. They are from italy and i should not exprect more from them i guess. Beware this hotel and try another one.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank erdemsukruergun_1
Reviewed 20 June 2013

The room was mostly clean, there was mould on the shower curtains and the room smelt a bit damp. It was very hot while we were here and if there is airconditioning in the room it doesn't work. This meant we had to open the window which was very noisy because of a dance academy across the road. The staff were quite rude and unhelpful when we requested toilet paper and soap, which were not restocked during room service. It is about a 10-15min walk from the nearest train station and not a walk I would do at night.

• Stayed: June 2013
ApogiaHotelsGroup, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Apogia Paris, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2013

Dear guest,
thanks for your tripadvisor report.
We consider the guest feedback of paramount importance whether good or bad.
We are disappointed to read that your recent stay with us was not satisfactory.
Your comments regarding our receptionist come us a surprise. We always tend to have sufficient staff on duty to ensure that our guests are looked after properly. Your comments have been taken on board and in future we will look at this more carefully. I would to specify that the rooms are cleaned daily.

Reviewed 19 May 2013

I stayed in this hotel during a period where finding a room in Paris was a nigtmare and very expensive.
I found this one who is not downtown but I have to put 5 Stars a comparing the price paid and the services I ve got its a good deal.
Checking very efficient and "smiling". Diner are typical good italian cooking served by charming italian staff , Room clean, very large and quiet.
Some details : free parking for all the stay, free wifi, efficient advices from the staff..
So far for sure its not a 5 stars hotel but its more than a 3 stars .
For having stay in other hotel around , with the same price or similar price i had got small room, impersonal welcome etc..

So definitively a very good choice in his category

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank travelpassionFrance
ApogiaHotelsGroup, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Apogia Paris, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2013

Dear Guest,

With kind regards,

Reviewed 17 May 2013 via mobile

I hesitated to write this review since I did not complain whilst in the hotel. I seriously doubt it would have made any difference had I done so.

My room was boiling hot throughout my stay, decor was tired, holes in the carpet, bathroom flooded every morning no matter how hard I tried to arrange the shower curtain. Towels not replaced on one day. The bed was very comfy though.

My biggest concern is the standard of food served in the hotel.

I have never before been served overcooked dried chicken in green sludge for dinner nor have I been given stale bread in a basket adorned with freshly chewed gum. Indeed, the waiter who served me was so embarrassed by the comedy dinner that he insisted I had a limoncello on him. The rose wine was dreadful also, a crime in France, surely?

At breakfast I noticed that several oranges in the fruit display were mouldy. I found myself wondering what else had been left lying around unchecked and uncovered.

Customer service is lacking.

One evening a colleague and I waited in the bar for half an hour before we were even acknowledged and when we were, we were told brusquely that the member of staff was on her own and overworked. She certainly didn't seem overworked as she laughed and giggled with a rather handsome man leaning nonchalantly against the reception desk.

My French companion looked on in horror as we were belligerently served beer "what do you want?" accompanied by much waiving of hands and huffing and puffing. Add to this a particularly ugly scene where there was a very heated exchange in Italian between the waiting staff and the surly girl on the desk. I cringed as they shouted at each other across the foyer. Appalling.

As usual the hotel was host to large parties of Japanese tourists. Unbidden they rampaged through reception. Sooner or later there will be a fatal accident as the lifts collapse under the weight of their record breaking attempts to get as many people as possible in an elevator.

On my final morning of my stay the desk staff were professional and courteous. What a shame they had not been on duty all week.

If I could stay elsewhere I would. Sadly my company insist on using what we now refer to as "les
Towers Fawlty". My advice, pay a little extra and stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: May 2013
3  Thank Lizzymcbusy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ivry-sur-Seine
B&B Hotel Paris Italie Porte de Choisy
#3 of 3 in Charenton-le-Pont
Ibis budget Paris Porte de Bercy
Ibis budget Paris Porte de Bercy
#2 of 3 in Charenton-le-Pont

Been to Apogia Paris? Share your experiences!