“Ibis *NOT* versailles Parly 2”

Ibis Versailles Parly 2
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Le Chesnay
Seattle, Washington
“Ibis *NOT* versailles Parly 2”
Reviewed 25 October 2012

This hotel is not really in versailles, but in a suburban shopping mall north of versailles in a town called Chesnay. It's clean and has free WiFi to a limit. Breakfast is fine. It's about a 45 minute walk to Versailles or a 20 minute bus ride. Cabs will only take you if you pay cash. Tried getting dinner twice, but the surly attendant told me they had sold out and I was too late (I thought I was in France, not Topeka Kansas). They advertise 24-hr food etc but this is absolutely not true. I tried to get a coffee early one morning and the equally surly am attendant wanted to charge me 2 euros--even though I paid for full breakfast. Rooms are small, but this is Paris. Bed was comfortable, but the rooms are overheated and I had to keep the window open. Good hot water and room is decently equipped. TV is French only. Hotel seems to attract local business types. Thankfully it is quite quiet so no problem getting a good night sleep.

Room Tip: It's part of a suburban shopping mall.....
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank rfreder

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Brereton, UK
Reviewed 11 October 2012

This was my second stay at an Ibis hotel within a few weeks. (I was visiting France twice, and booked the same chain at the recommendation of a colleague.) I did not believe it possible for the second experience to be worse than the first, but Ibis managed to make it so.

I arrived at the hotel, and was greeted by a very pleasant young man on Reception. I said how disappointed I had been with the size of room in Toulouse Blagnac Ibis, and he kindly gave me a larger room than the one originally offered.

When I entered the room (Room 307) I was shocked to see only one electrical socket. Yes! One!! The room was still on the small side. The bed was okay, and the free w-fi is of an average speed.

The bathroom was ATTROCIOUS. There was a filthy toilet, black mould on the walls, the tap for the shower comes out of the washbasin at a crazy angle that does not allow you to close the shower curtain, and the room is small.

I decided to pay for the breakfast on my first of two mornings, and it too was dreadful. One plate of sad looking cheese, one plate of poor quality ham, a poor selection of bread, a few tatty looking jam jars, some yoghurts, three or four cereals, a machine for orange or apple juice and a coffee/tea machine just about covers what was on offer. I did not return for the second morning. Totally overpriced, and, like the rest of the hotel, way below what one can expect for 107 Euros per night PLUS breakfast. (I paid about the same at the Radison Blu Hotel in Belfast, and that is where the comparison ends. The Radison was everything you can expect in a hotel. Ibis was everything you dread.) (See my review of the Radison Blu)

I would recommmend this hotel to no-one. Try one of the others locally. If you expect little, you will still be disappointed. My second, and last, experience of an Ibis hotel. I would not stay in another one for free.

Room Tip: Choose a room at another hotel.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Alan_LDSUK

Travellers are raving about these Le Chesnay hotels

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 September 2012

Standard Ibis - clean and comfortable, dog friendly, receptionist friendly. Breakfast was a bit expensive so we went elsewhere. Free wifi was good. We had our car with us and we were able to park in the car park next door. Would stay again.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank AnnieBegg
Canterbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 September 2012

Very convenient location within walking distance of Versailles. Rooms rather tired but clean.
We had a small problem in Bathroom with tap and this was dealt with quickly and efficiently. The staff were very good and polite and there was also plenty of covered parking which was free.

Room Tip: We were inadvertently given a disabled room - the advantage was that it was bigger than normal! Our...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Vanda S
karlhaddad
Reviewed 12 September 2012

So u want to visit the grandest palace in Europe, but dont have a fortune for a chateau room of your own.

Ibis was great, right next door, allowed me to go for my job and walks and come back to a comfortable hotel room with a good breakfast. The staff are super friendly offering a complimentary refreshment in the off hours.

and... stuck to the excellent Parly mall, excellent bakeries and shops.

Room Tip: Get rooms facing the Versailles gardens...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
#4 of 4 in Buc
Mercure Versailles Parly 2
Mercure Versailles Parly 2
#2 of 3 in Le Chesnay

Been to Ibis Versailles Parly 2? Share your experiences!