“do not book on site”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Le Chesnay
london
“do not book on site”
Reviewed 15 March 2013

Average hotel. Staff very friendly. Breakfast good and lots of choice.
be careful if you book on site, they ask 110 Euros!!! if you book online you can get the same room from 55 euros.
Do not forget ear plug otherwise you won't sleep

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
katy
Reviewed 20 November 2012

Hotel was being upgraded when I was there, but the staff was exceptional the entire time. The rooms were clean, although as with any hotel, the shower could be cleaner. Great location to the Parly2 shopping and many food options. Would stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 November 2012

My wife and I were very dissatisfied with our stay due to work being carried out at the hotel. The hotel reception was moved to the 2nd floor with no notice to the public and it took several minutes to figure out that this was in fact the hotel. There were wood planks and tools all over the entrance and the place was filthy with dust. The elevator floor had a dirty, dusty and smelly cover and the 2nd floor reception area was littered with building materials. The entire hotel had a general smell of damp dust and concrete. When I questioned the receptionist about the state of the hotel she responded ''So what? You get used to the smell''. Ceiling tiles were missing in public areas, not meeting Health and Safety standards and there were no barriers between the public areas and the areas being refurbished. In addition, there was no dining area to sit and eat and we were offered a limited breakfast which they expected us to eat in the room. The room itself was fairly clean and adequate, but we could not get over the ever present smell of dust and concrete… even in the room. The receptionist who worked late on 10.11.2012 was extremely rude and unprofessional. She went up with us in the elevator at about 10.pm and with no apology pushed past us to exit the elevator to start her shift. She was obviously late because the young lady who worked the earlier shift promptly ran out as soon as her colleague arrived. This receptionist was also very unfriendly when I asked her a question, it was as if she was overtired or just could not be bothered to talk. This experience was made worse due to my wife’s asthma and the fact that she has not stopped coughing since our arrival on Friday. Had I known prior to booking of the hotel conditions I would not have considered this as an option. Our whole weekend was ruined because my wife’s reaction to the dusty conditions of the hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank moabraham

Travellers are raving about these Le Chesnay hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 October 2012

Everything was fine the bed the room. The hotel located in a Mall Parly2 and 20 min walk to Versailles Palace and the Gardens. 7min. by bus to the centre of Versailles.

It was a v. good refreshing stay

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 25 October 2012

This hotel is not really in versailles, but in a suburban shopping mall north of versailles in a town called Chesnay. It's clean and has free WiFi to a limit. Breakfast is fine. It's about a 45 minute walk to Versailles or a 20 minute bus ride. Cabs will only take you if you pay cash. Tried getting dinner twice, but the surly attendant told me they had sold out and I was too late (I thought I was in France, not Topeka Kansas). They advertise 24-hr food etc but this is absolutely not true. I tried to get a coffee early one morning and the equally surly am attendant wanted to charge me 2 euros--even though I paid for full breakfast. Rooms are small, but this is Paris. Bed was comfortable, but the rooms are overheated and I had to keep the window open. Good hot water and room is decently equipped. TV is French only. Hotel seems to attract local business types. Thankfully it is quite quiet so no problem getting a good night sleep.

Room Tip: It's part of a suburban shopping mall.....
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank rfreder
Brereton, UK
Reviewed 11 October 2012

This was my second stay at an Ibis hotel within a few weeks. (I was visiting France twice, and booked the same chain at the recommendation of a colleague.) I did not believe it possible for the second experience to be worse than the first, but Ibis managed to make it so.

I arrived at the hotel, and was greeted by a very pleasant young man on Reception. I said how disappointed I had been with the size of room in Toulouse Blagnac Ibis, and he kindly gave me a larger room than the one originally offered.

When I entered the room (Room 307) I was shocked to see only one electrical socket. Yes! One!! The room was still on the small side. The bed was okay, and the free w-fi is of an average speed.

The bathroom was ATTROCIOUS. There was a filthy toilet, black mould on the walls, the tap for the shower comes out of the washbasin at a crazy angle that does not allow you to close the shower curtain, and the room is small.

I decided to pay for the breakfast on my first of two mornings, and it too was dreadful. One plate of sad looking cheese, one plate of poor quality ham, a poor selection of bread, a few tatty looking jam jars, some yoghurts, three or four cereals, a machine for orange or apple juice and a coffee/tea machine just about covers what was on offer. I did not return for the second morning. Totally overpriced, and, like the rest of the hotel, way below what one can expect for 107 Euros per night PLUS breakfast. (I paid about the same at the Radison Blu Hotel in Belfast, and that is where the comparison ends. The Radison was everything you can expect in a hotel. Ibis was everything you dread.) (See my review of the Radison Blu)

I would recommmend this hotel to no-one. Try one of the others locally. If you expect little, you will still be disappointed. My second, and last, experience of an Ibis hotel. I would not stay in another one for free.

Room Tip: Choose a room at another hotel.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Alan_LDSUK
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 September 2012

Standard Ibis - clean and comfortable, dog friendly, receptionist friendly. Breakfast was a bit expensive so we went elsewhere. Free wifi was good. We had our car with us and we were able to park in the car park next door. Would stay again.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
#2 of 3 in Le Chesnay
Mercure Versailles Chateau
Mercure Versailles Chateau
#11 of 26 in Versailles

Been to Ibis Versailles Parly 2? Share your experiences!