We've stayed in lots of novotels, in fact we thoroughly recommend them to families travelling in Europe. Hotel wise Versailles was standard Novotel fare, clean, friendly, relaxed, pretty good quality and great value for money. What went wrong was the restaurant service and this is something we have seen before on occasion in French novotels.
The restaurant staff seem to get bored/tired/lose interest after 9pm. We arrived with two sleepy children for our 9pm booking, ordered quickly and at 10.00 our starters arrived, our drinks order was forgotten, our mains turned up at 10.45, our second drinks order was forgotten, then our desert order was forgotten and finally we had to leave without paying because there was nobody left to pay (we owned up in the morning).
I wouldn't let this experience put you off the hotel though - it is good, well priced and extremely convenient for the Chateau - just dine early.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Novotel Château de Versailles is a 3-star hotel located 10 minutes from the city center and the Palace of Versailles and 9.3 miles (15 km) from Paris. It has air-conditioned rooms, a restaurant, bar and 5 conference rooms for meetings and seminars (maximum capacity of 150 people). A private, paying car park is also available. This hotel is ideal for both business trips and visits to Versailles or Paris with your partner or family. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, ACCOR, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Novotel Chateau de Versailles reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Chateau De Versailles Hotel Le Chesnay
- Novotel Le Chesnay
- Novotel Hotel Le Chesnay
- Le Chesnay Novotel
- Novotel Chateau De Versailles Le Chesnay