“Nice little Hotel not too far from the Palace”

Novotel Chateau de Versailles
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Le Chesnay
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Nice & clean room, comfy bed and polite & helpful staff.
Just a twenty minute walk to the Palace of Versailles or a short 1 euro bus ride.
Short walk to local shops and daily market, friendly locals.
Would visit again

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Anne B
Vincent G, Directeur général at Novotel Chateau de Versailles, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Dear Guest,

We are very pleased that you enjoyed your family trip at Novotel Chateau de Versailles. The cleanliness, the proximity of the Palace of Versailles, and our friendly staff are indeed our strengths. We are happy for having coming up to your expectations. We would be glad to welcome you again for your next stay.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
2  Thank Pablo_sanz2014

Reviewed 25 April 2014

We stayed here for a family long weekend to Paris. Ideal base as you can walk to the train station and direct trains take about 20 minutes into the centre of Paris. You can also walk to Versailles Palace easily from the hotel. "Family" room is a little cramped if there are four of you but for the price was good value. Hotel is clean and staff friendly. Breakfast buffet was very good with breads, pastries and hot items. Car park available directly under the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Susear
Vincent G, Directeur général at Novotel Chateau de Versailles, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for you kind review. It is much appreciated and I can assure you that my team will be dilighted to hear that you enjoyed you stay and the convenience of the location.

I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

V. GAUTIER

Reviewed 13 April 2014

Novotel Chateau de Versailles is a nice hotel a bit away from the touristy hustle and bustle of Versailles. It is quite a walk from the train station though there are buses which you can take to the palace. The hotel itself was neat and clean and quite utilitarian. Being away from the busy town centre saves you a few Euros. Overall a nice comfy hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank APK1979
Vincent G, Gérant at Novotel Chateau de Versailles, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for you kind review. It is much appreciated and I can assure you that my team will be dilighted to hear that you enjoyed you stay.

I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

It's what it says on the box. A Novotel. The rooms are basic and clean and the bed is comfortable; although I found the cotton sheets to be a little scratchy.
The check in staff were friendly and helpful. Breakfast is your standard buffet with a small range of choices.
We enjoyed a drink in the bar but were disappointed in the dinner we ate in the restaurant. Two of us had the Chef's suggested fish dish which was supposed to be a curry but someone forgot to use the spices. The service was also a little patchy with wait staff a little thin on the ground.
It is an easy 20 minute walk to the Chateau and the town but this is more of a business hotel than the place for a romantic get away.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback following your stay at Novotel Château de Versailles which is invaluable in our effort to assess and continually improve upon the quality of our service.

Regarding your dinner, I am very sorry if we did not meet your expectations.
I can assure you that your comment is being looked into and will be dealt with accordingly.

We hope to welcome you again in our Novotel?

Reviewed 25 March 2014

It was a comfortable stay. The bed was comfortable, the room was clean, and the facilities were adequate. I wouldn't recommend it if you're looking for ambience or romance. Perfectly fine for a business trip.

The hotel is within a 20-25 min. walk to the Palace of Versailles, so I guess the location is good, although I wasn't able to take advantage of it on my business trip.

A couple of complaints: 1) Every single time I visited the bar in the evenings, no one was available to serve a drink. I had to ask at the front desk and wait. Once, one of my co-workers (a former bartender) went behind the bar and served three of us. (I don't have that kind of nerve!) 2) A couple of days during my week-long stay, I hung the "Do Not Disturb" door-hanger. Be aware that it will be ignored. One of those days was Saturday, and I was so tired from a grueling work-week, I truly DID NOT WANT TO BE DISTURBED. Yet, of course, a housekeeper who spoke no English came banging on my door. You should probably arrange do-not-disturb with the front desk.

All of that said, the hotel staff were always very courteous. I received excellent service from the front desk when checking out, running too late for the train shuffle, and needing a taxi to Charles De Gaulle airport. The next time I travel to Versailles for this business engagement, I will probably stay here again.

Room Tip: I was on the top level, which has an angled wall sloping inward toward the roof. The window may be...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 February 2014 via mobile

I stayed here as part of a North American opera company performing at the Château. The staff of the Novotel could not have been nicer. They helped all of us (singers, orchestra, staff) with everything from taxis to hole-punching sheet music. Levels of English varied, but they were very patient and good-humored with those if us trotting out college French from years ago. A desk clerk came to my room to help me figure out the shower, and even said comfortingly "Ce n'est pas facile". Most impressively, when about twenty of us, unable to find anyplace open after our first performance, descended on the Novotel bar 15 minutes before its posted closing time, two very hard-working staff members made us food and drink for a couple if hours. Harried, but willingly and with good humor. The breakfast is also great. I'd recommend this hotel to anyone.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Best Western The Hotel Versailles
Hotel la Residence du Berry
Hotel la Residence du Berry
#5 of 26 in Versailles

Been to Novotel Chateau de Versailles? Share your experiences!