“Adequate though highly unimpressive”

D'Anjou Hotel Paris
Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Levallois-Perret
Reviewed 15 February 2013

Of course there is only so much you can expect from a two-star hotel; though I must admit I was expecting a bit more! I stayed here in mid-December 2011 and there were cigarette burns on the curtains and doona covers, and to this day I swear that the pillows were filled with chunks of foam. I traveled with a school group, and others reported what looked suspiciously like blood splatters on their beds (though whether or not they can be believed is unconfirmed!) The bathroom was a nightmare -- so small I hit my knees on the bath whilst sitting on the loo, and breakfast would have been better left untouched. There was WiFi available; although unlike the majority of hotels I have spent time at, it was not free -- in fact, it was quite pricey. The walls are also quite thin -- one night I was forced to listen to a French couple in the next room arguing for what felt like hours. However, I know this was through no fault of the hotel's, and I did pick up some... interesting French words to add to my vocab!

In general, the reception staff were reasonably helpful. One of L'hotel D'Anjou's only redeeming points is that it is in a good area, only minutes' walk from the Louise Michel Metro station. There is also a supermarket, post office, chemist, laundromat, ATMS, great little patisseries, etc., within a few blocks.

If you honestly cannot find better accomodation, le D'Anjou will suffice.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 21 January 2013

For what we paid for this, I expected a lot less.

The room was tiny, but the bed was comfortable, and the room had a flat-screen TV. The room and the bathroom were both clean. It's nice and quiet, and we slept very well here.

This hotel is just a few blocks from a metro station, and it's really close to a large grocery store- we saved money by picking up groceries instead of eating out for every meal. There's also a great pizza restaurant down the street.

It only takes about 15 minutes by metro to get to any of the main attractions in Paris.

I'd recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a clean, comfortable budget hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank KimberlyErinB
Reviewed 8 August 2012

We booked through a travel agent for a double bed and a baby cot. We entered the room and saw a double bed and a single bed. Why say you have a cot when you don't? The reception said 'this is ok for us' and the manager could not be reached after office hours. So we had to walk around the neighbourhood (way past the baby's bed time) to look for a hotel with a room available and a baby cot. What little we did see of the room was pretty terrible. We ended up paying more at My Hotel In France nearby, but having a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank HaanimBamadhaj
Reviewed 3 August 2012

befor we travell to paris i read very bad reviews about the hotel so i was going expecting so little especially that we had a very cheep offer from a turkish travel agent which we discovered to be less that half the original price of the hotel. we found the hotel to be very very cleen the bathrom , the sheets and every thing is daily cleened do not beleive the reviews saying it is not cleen! stuff are very friendly special thanks to wael the tunisian receptionist :) the hotel is about 3 min walk to the metro station and by the way anatole is closer to the hotel that saint louis
the breakfast was more than enough and the area around the hotel u can find many resturants and there is a supermarket just above the anatole metro station also a very nice bakery on the way to the metro station. the only annoying thing waas the tiny space although the bed was big and comfortable but the room and the bathroom were very tiny but it seems tto be a coomon complaint in paris bec i sayed for one night is ibis hotel at orly airport due to flight delay and i found the same problem of tiny room and bathroom:) also another problem is the dim lighting and there is no safe in the reception or in the room to keep your important things but inspite of that we didnt loose anything during our stay. so i advice strongly to stay in danjou hotel if you need to save the money for the crazy shopping as we did:)

Room Tip: i stayed in room 506 on fifth floor the veiw was very nice
4  Thank yasminEgypt
Reviewed 23 July 2012

This is a budget hotel, so don't expect any 4-5 star luxury.

My requirements for a 2 star hotel is that it has clean beds and bedsheets, a clean and working bathroom, good temperatures within rooms, AND be in a safe environment. The hotel D'anjou fits all that, which is why in my opinion, it is well worth the money spent.

It was clean and in an extremely safe neighbourhood with amazing food establishments, supermarkets and open markets (Sunday markets) all around! By car, all of Paris's major attractions can be reached in less than 10 minutes. And the hotel staff were incredibly helpful in directing us to the cheapest carpark in the neighbourhood. We didn't get to travel by train though, but by car, most tourist attractions were only a 5-10 minutes drive away, guided by GPS. We were pleasantly surprised with the hotel's central location.

The only gripe I have is that I wished the carpets looked a little cleaner - I wouldn't recommend walking around the room barefoot. And the lift was claustrophobically small (i.e. only 2 person can fit in at any one point in time), so I took the stairs everyday. Also, don't bother ordering the breakfast. There are at least 4 supermarkets in the vicinity (and many cafes and restaurants too). My travelling group of 5 people had a daily breakfast of local baguettes, fresh fruits and goose liver pate, which only cost Euro 11 (in total) for 2 days worth of breakfasts.

Room Tip: I'd recommend choosing a room that is facing the same direction as the hotel lobby. It faces a r...
3  Thank NikittaFinitta
Reviewed 16 July 2012

We really struggled to find somewhere cheap enough for our budget to stay in Paris, and this was good value for money in a location that was fantastic for connecting with other parts of Paris via the metro, and safe (some areas in Paris are very undesirable to even stay a few nights in). The neighbourhood was really pleasant with lots of little restaurants and shops nearby, making it feel homely and welcoming. The hotel itself was not the most luxurious, but it was homely and welcoming and the staff at reception tried to help us as much as they could. The room smelt of smoke when we first arrived, but we are not fussy and had experienced worse so just aired it out for a bit and it was fine. The bed was comfy and the bathroom had what we needed, including a hair dryer, some soap and hand towels (a luxury after staying in hostels for 5 weeks). One morning the power sockets and lights cut out, which was not ideal but we alerted reception and they managed to fix it while we were out for the day, so we were not bothered. Wifi cost to purchase which was a bit annoying as pretty much everywhere else we stayed had provided it free, but we managed to source some in the centre of Paris for free so it wasn't too much of an issue. The breakfast was average, as we just got some bread and cereal, but we weren't expecting much for what we'd paid anyway. I would happily stay here again as accommodation in Paris is ridiculously expensive and this was relatively cheap, pleasant and very well connected.

3  Thank stbrownowl
Reviewed 8 July 2012

I got this hotel when I was looking for stay in Paris among many costly hotels.
It is located in "47 Rue Louis Rouquier, 92300 Levallois-Perret, France".

This hotel is walking distance from the Metro station LOUISE MICHEL(Metro Line-3).
If you want to know that value for the money, first try to roam the PARIS city and then get into the hotel. We roamed the center of Paris for the whole day and then reached hotel in the midnight. Just we were in the need of some rest. The Hotel is walkable distance from the metro station. So easily traceable. The rooms are just basic what you need.
I did not use the Wifi as it is chargeable, So don't have idea about the speed.
The rooms are cleanly maintained. The staffs are friendly and gives information about the tourist places that we can visit.

morning breakfast is full enough to start the day though the cost is around 6Euros.
Try to walk around the area near this hotel. you will find all kinda restaurants. If in case not opened, you can rely on the "Subway" who made tasty sandwich for us.
there is a market where you can buy basic things like fruits, water which you may require later in the day when you get into heart of Paris.

I cannot write anything bad about this hotel as it is very basic.
If you are just looking for the stay in night and to get refreshed in the morning before going out to explore Paris, this can be the right option.

suggestion to the Hotel management:
* Please replace the existing ANCIENT tiny lift which does not fit more than 2 people.
and also which will not wait for more than 4 seconds!! extremely dangerous.
* The space allocated for shower is very small. a little fatty guy cant enter inside and turn back!! and the water will spill out of the area and make the complete bathroom wet. even the cover sheets are not good enough.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family