“Very disappointing for the price”

D'Anjou Hotel Paris
Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Levallois-Perret
Reviewed 23 October 2013

I paid £70 per night. The room was meant for 2 persons but it was too small even for one. The lifts did not work during the day (I stayed there for 4 nights) and my room was on the fourth floor! The lift and corridors are too narrow and dark. The walls are made of thin wooden partitions and the room gets really noisy. If you are travelling from out of Europe and likely to have a normal size ONE check-in bag, you will struggle to fit it in comfortably. After a shower, the entire room became steamy and wet. The WIFI is embarrassingly slow and pretty useless especially in the evenings when you would really like to use it. The breakfast is in the form of orange juice/coffee from a dispensing machine, 3 stale croissants and a corn cereal! It has a cheap outlook in general which can be compared to a cheap hostel. The only plus point is, it is close to a Metro station but you will have to change at least 2 metros to get any tourist spot. It is NOT at a easy walking distance from Champs Elysée as the hotel claims. It is a good 30-40 min walk through a pretty grim area to get to the Arch de Triumph. There are no decent restaurants around at a walking distance if you want to have a quick bite. It wasn't a good value for money at all.

Room Tip: The Best Western is very close by and it is much better at a similar price, if not cheaper!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Lauren S
There are newer reviews for D'Anjou Hotel Paris

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Me and my cousin had book this hotel because it was the only available option from her travel agency which helped her with schengen visa. I did not expect much due to previously read poor ratings for this hotel, I will try to keep it short:

Pros: customer service was good - the lady at the customer's desk was very nice and extremely helpful (she helped me to log in into their wifi, booked taxi for us and was generally nice), the lady in the kitchen did not speak English but was nice and helpful as well, there was an elevator which I know some small hotels are lacking, our room was clean, free wifi in the room

Cons: very small rooms, elevator was very small (although I was happy it existed at all), breakfast was very modest (cereal, coffee/tea, juice and croissants) but at least it was edible. h ere are no restaurants in the hotel, but there are many establishments nearby so it was not a problem. no A/C - it was very hot there in the end of July and the absence of air conditioner was simply unimaginable to me, the hotel should really invest into A/Cs in the rooms, we had to open windows instead and since our room overlooked the street, it was extremely noisy at night and I couldn't fall asleep. Also, we had to change our rooms because the bathroom in the first room was leaking and the corridor inside the room was all wet. I bet the hotel management knew about that (because when me moved in I immediately noticed the large wet stain in the corridor) but did nothing to repair it until customers from below began complaining their ceiling leaked. The hotel is also somewhat far from the city, but the Metro station is closely (Louise Michel station) so you can get to the city centre in 20 minutes or less.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank tanya i
Reviewed 4 July 2013 via mobile

Verry small and old chambers. Noisy you can hear every body on the same floor talking. Nothing small to drink availble even mot water. When it's for 1 night ok but even then I prefer to pay more but have aroom in conditions

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Walter A
Reviewed 9 April 2013

Me and my girlfriend stayed in this hotel during our last night in Paris, as we had to catch the early shuttle to Paris Beauvais Tille Airport. Hotel is located close to Parking Pershing where the shuttle begins its journey to the airport. The rooms are not clean, we did not even think about showering. The hotel seems to be made of wood, so You will probably hear guests walking in their rooms. However, the staff is friendly and nice, we had no complaints about them. You will even find some good restaurants nearby. Metro is quite close, as well as a supermarket. All in all, if have to catch an early Beauvais shuttle bus while metros are closed, it is a good option for a last night :)

Room Tip: You will end up with a wooden room anyway :D
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank motheb
Reviewed 31 March 2013

For it's price it was a good hotel. I've been in many hotels in Paris and I think that this hotel has a good locations. The metro is near by. There are bars and restaurants and supermarkets there also. The staff there is helpful. We asked for disneyland tickets and they gave us good tips and discounts. It's very small hotel but it's clean and friendly.

Room Tip: Rooms are small with small bathrooms.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank ArberDumi
Reviewed 25 February 2013

We stayed for 2 nights. It's a long story but this is the jist of it.

- found a candy and wrapper under the sheets of our bed
- staff was incredibly unhelpful
- after an hour of argueing they finally switched us to a new room without first telling us it was a downgrade
- next morning woke us up in the new room saying we had to move back to our original room immediately
- one of the cleaning staff accidentally threw out my shoe
- hotel would not compensate me
- asked repeatedly to speak to the manager but the stubborn, rude and unhelpful receptionist refused.
- emailed the manager 3 times. Each email was ignored.
- wrote and sent a letter, also ignored.

This is not how a customer should be treated. Do not stay here. There are plenty of other cheap alternatives in the area and the city.

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank Cnd-Traveler1
Reviewed 15 February 2013

Of course there is only so much you can expect from a two-star hotel; though I must admit I was expecting a bit more! I stayed here in mid-December 2011 and there were cigarette burns on the curtains and doona covers, and to this day I swear that the pillows were filled with chunks of foam. I traveled with a school group, and others reported what looked suspiciously like blood splatters on their beds (though whether or not they can be believed is unconfirmed!) The bathroom was a nightmare -- so small I hit my knees on the bath whilst sitting on the loo, and breakfast would have been better left untouched. There was WiFi available; although unlike the majority of hotels I have spent time at, it was not free -- in fact, it was quite pricey. The walls are also quite thin -- one night I was forced to listen to a French couple in the next room arguing for what felt like hours. However, I know this was through no fault of the hotel's, and I did pick up some... interesting French words to add to my vocab!

In general, the reception staff were reasonably helpful. One of L'hotel D'Anjou's only redeeming points is that it is in a good area, only minutes' walk from the Louise Michel Metro station. There is also a supermarket, post office, chemist, laundromat, ATMS, great little patisseries, etc., within a few blocks.

If you honestly cannot find better accomodation, le D'Anjou will suffice.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends