“Way Nicer than Most Hotels Near the Palais des Congrès”
Review of Espace Champerret

Espace Champerret
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Levallois-Perret
Comptche, California
“Way Nicer than Most Hotels Near the Palais des Congrès”
Reviewed 4 August 2013

This hotel's website description of itself is way over the top, but it’s still a nice place. I was in this part of Paris in September 2012 for a 5-day conference at the Palais des Congrès, which is a pleasant 20 min walk away. I've stayed in good and bad hotels in this area before. I definitely recommend staying at the Espace Champerret
and walking back and forth to the Palais, if you're in a similar situation. I would also emphasize that the conference rate at the Palais hotel was €275/night and the Espace Champerrel came in at €104. Its rooms are small but comfortable, very clean with particularly nice bathrooms, and there's lots of hot water. The small garden behind the desk is a very nice spot for a happy hour bottle of local wine. The hotel is right across from the Louise Michel metro station, which couldn't be more convenient. This neighborhood is outside Paris proper, and our taxi driver emphasized his added sacrifice in search of a better tip. Nonetheless, I found this a perfect location. Along the same block of Rue Louise Michel are many of the services you're likely to need, grocery markets, laundry, bars, etc. I found everything I needed. At the same time, it was always quiet enough and I slept soundly. A very helpful desk clerk patiently worked for some time on my complex bill, carefully explaining all the details. He even took a €500 note, which I'd been trying to use for several days and no one would accept. I have two complaints. One odd feature is the maids’ unusual approach. I’ve stayed in many hotels, and to the extent I’ve been able to observe it, the typical approach is to clean rooms one at a time as they become vacant. At this hotel, they seem to open up all the rooms that need servicing that day. Many doors are open and the corridors are impassable and piled high with laundry etc. After this industrial process is complete, their quality control consists of going back unannounced several times to each room. You can see the disadvantage of this approach. Rooms are undergoing slow cleaning and unavailable for long periods, the whole place has a chaotic look for several hours around midday, and there are several subsequent interruptions to occupants. I suffered two embarrassing snap inspections myself. Second, after I had left the hotel I was horrified to find I'd lost a valuable pair of earphones. I called the hotel and they made an effort to search for them. The desk staff claimed to have combed my room themselves, but my beloved earphones were never discovered. I cannot be sure I left them in that room, but the suspicion that a maid or other member of staff pocketed them still haunts me. So, a very nice place overall, but I have a couple of reasons to withhold an excellent rating. Third, my room had old fashioned tucked in sheets and I much prefer duvets.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank TravelIsWork
carole p, Guest Relations Manager at Espace Champerret, responded to this review, 19 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write here! I'm happy to learn our staff was welcoming and helpfull, we always try our best to be there for our guests.We are a small friendly hotel and we take all the time needed to help/advise during a stay with us!
I'm also sorry to learn that some maids were a bit to intrusive, we'll do our best to improve this issue in the future! (sorry also for your eaphones...)

Come back and see us soon,

Best regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Polish first
Athens, Greece
Reviewed 4 July 2013 via mobile

I had very bad case with other hotel near by ,where I have paid room for 2 days , but they sold other people. I explain the night shift gentleman, about my trouble. It was almost all hotels was full ( by end of June 2013) in Paris, he could not give me last room,because he have to wait last last late arrival midnight. I slept that night at train station in Paris,but I went next day at 8:00 in the morning at hotel as he promised. He discussed with morning staff about me, and he gave me room. Actually, this hotel is next Metro station and many nice restaurant,cafe,supermarket,bakery,everything around. Thank you for all staff kindness!

Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank HV40
carole p, Public Relations Manager at Espace Champerret, responded to this review, 19 September 2013
Thank you for this nice comment, I'm really glad we could be helpfull, we try our best to be there for our guests, next time call before, we'll put you a room aside (and you won't have to spend a night outdoors!!!)

We hope to see you soon,

Kindly
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 15 June 2013 via mobile

We booked 2 rooms for 4 people.. one person couldnt make it.. asked thr agent to cancel one room and only book one triple share room.. the agent screwed up and left us 3 with one double bed.. the hotel still accomodated us.

• Stayed June 2013
We are delighted to read that you appreciated this stay, as well as our services.
Your opinion and your gratitude are very important for us.

Kindly
Lelystad, The Netherlands
Reviewed 6 January 2013

Good hotel for a stay in Paris. Room not big but sufficient. Nicely decorated. Small but good modern bathroom. Staff is friendly. Breakfast is sober, real french, like in most hotels in France. Nice bakery nearby if you want a better breakfast. Entrance of the metro, nextdoor. Ideal!! Start your week on monday. Then you can have a weekcart for about 20 euro's fot the metro. You have to bring a pass-photo. In the street is a parking -garage. You park your car for about 50 euro's a week. reservation is not possibel. In august you park your car for free, along the road (if you find a place). Nice restaurant at the other side of the street. Friendly staff. Splendid duck on the menu. Confit de canard.
Sure we will be back.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Joke v
carole p, Community Manager at Espace Champerret, responded to this review, 13 March 2013
Dear "Joke V"

Thank you for taking time to share your experience in our hotel.
We are really please to know you enjoyed it, we always do our best to make your stay as pleasant as possible.
The hotel is indeed really close by a subway station, which allows you to reach very easily all that Paris has to offer you.
We are currently improving our breakfast, with a new bakery, we hope to see you soon again to try it!

Best regards,
Sarnia, Canada
Reviewed 6 October 2012

This is listed as a two star and you never quite know what you will end up but it was better than we expected. We had room 110. The receptionists were all very helpful and willing to speak English.

Plus - it is right by the Louis Michel subway terminal so it is close
Minus - it is right by the Louis Michel subway terminal and you can faintly hear and slightly feel the trains go by. It is not bad but noticeable when you are laying in bed.
The bathroom was clean and fairly new.

The internet was free. You had to obtain codes from the front desk which expired after 12 hours.
We missed having a kettle to make tea.
They do provide breakfast but we never attended and therefore cannot comment.
The rooms were not real sound proof. Not too bad but you could hear voices in the morning.
Over all, I would heartily recommend this to anyone

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
We sincerely thank you for your compliments on the kindness and the professionalisme of our teams. We shall not miss to share your praises!

We hope to welcome you again soon in our hotel,

Best regards
Waalre, The Netherlands
Reviewed 30 September 2012 via mobile

Very close to stop Louise Michel (line 3,direction Levallois), quiet neighbourhood, supermarket, pharmacy and police station very close by. Breakfast is simple and decent (fresh croissants, bread, juices, coffee, Nutella, cheese,etc). The service is not really professional: English speaking personnel is limited and some have been quite indifferent to our complaint when we found out that one of our things had been broken during the servicing of the room. No solution was proposed and no explanation was given, other that it was impossible it was their fault. A smile, apologies and a complimentary drink would have perhaps eased the pain.

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank Berend_1977
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 20 September 2012

Stayed there for 3 nights for a business trip. The hotel is very well located - 20 seconds from the metro line (Louise Michel), about 10mins to Paris central. It is a live area where the hotel is: plenty of shops (carrefour city, franprix, monoprix etc..), bars, places to eat.
The staff are quite helpful and nice. However, their wifi is not working in bedrooms!! the signal is very poor, and cannot even authenticate with the username/password they provide you.
Breakfast is ok - a bit pricey (€8.50) for what you get (bread/orange juice/tea/coffee/pastry).Nothing great - it is very basic. You'd better go to the Boulangerie (bakery) next door.
Room is ok and bathroom is decent size (and well cleaned).
As I would need to travel for work pretty often, I would stay there again, as it is very convenient and safe area. Just hope they will fix their wifi before I come back..

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business