“High volume place to sleep. No more”

Evergreen Laurel Hotel
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Levallois-Perret
Montreal, Canada
“High volume place to sleep. No more”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

Don't expect to have the feeling of being in Paris when you stay in this hotel. This is a hotel that by design and service is for big groups. And trust me there are big Asian groups here with all the inconveniences that come with being in a place with big groups of people. For instance, the lobby was full of people, who wouldn't let you pass easily. The breakfast was rather poor and again made for those big groups. I stayed here 2 weeks and although the location is convenient (nice area, close to the metro, etc), I would not stay here again. At the breakfast, the staff would sometimes decide not to great you!!!
To get to the gym, you need a GPS and then you arrive in a kind of locker in a remote, dark location. Food in room service was good.
Disappointed!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank picky_sezar

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Kuala Lumpur
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

The room that I had looked a bit beaten up and the sheets didn't really smell fresh. The layout of the hotel rooms can be quite a maze, as I saw many wandering quests looking for their rooms as I was going to my room. We were not given proper direction of which lifts to use that will make it easier for us to gain access to our rooms.

There is Metro nearby which is walking distance with a supermarket just a stone throw away. No comments about the breakfast as I guess more or less, all hotels in Europe of similar class offered the same breakfast. Well at least warm items were offered and for Asian guests who crave for porridge, this is the right hotel.

On the morning of my checkout, the fire alarm went off leaving many of us wandering shall we leave the room or not as there were no announcements and calls made to the Reception were futile as it was speaking in French that not many of us understand. We had decided to leave the room as the alarm went on for a while and there was a message displayed on the TV asking us to evacuate but just as we were going down the corridor, we met a Bell Attendant who was collecting luggage waved his hands, saying that "Everything is under control. The alarm went off as someone was smoking in the bathroom that triggered the alarm". Well, I guessed it would saved many of us lots of trouble if they had made an announcement over their PA system instead of making many of us coming out of our rooms in the early morning when we were all preparing ourselves for the checkout,

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the lift landing if you don't fancy walking on and on to look for your room...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Canny
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

Stayed for 3 nights, good amenities and check in staff friendly and helpful, in particular a female day staff member.
Had a problem with the light switches in room and was promised that this would be rectified, it failed to be fixed during our stay which I considered a health and safety issue
Other reviews of this hotel are spot on with the criticisms of the breakfast area
Closeness to the Metro station is a plus,this makes it easy and convenient to travelled to the centre of Paris
Rooms are generally clean and functional

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ieboyd
Ankara, Turkey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed 6 nigths in this hotel. Firstly,The location is perfect, Just near metro station. Rooms are large enough. But the staff is not enough in terms of being friendly and problem-solving. And breakfasts given in the mormings are so poor.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank ikonte
monza
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014

Expensive for the service.
Then
full of chineses people that make chaos
breakfast poor with lots of people in a small area (or ranch, as beasts). They give a coupon to enter in the breakfast area: are we crazy? no fresh coffee: only get it from a big vassel.
3 kind of industrial-type brioches. 1 was burnt, very dark.
continental breakfast is something they don't know yet.
Rooms: nice, though the WC was moving!
find other solutions: Paris is full of hotels.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank frombs79

Travellers are raving about these Levallois-Perret hotels

Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

First lets talk he positives. The location is near the number 3 underground and with one transfer you can get to downtown Paris very quickly and economically. Cost 1.7 euros

The oops are nice size and he are a few restaurant options within walking distance ranging from subway to Italian to hippos ( burgers and steaks)

The hotel breakfast is nothing special and the in House restaurant is nothing to brag about

The fitness center has a few treadmills, some free weight dumbbells and a universal type machine. There was no one at the desk each time I used the facility and most times I had to turn on the light. They have a sauna in the men's room which is a plus

The one area that concerns me is the cavalier attitude they had at the front desk in giving out room cards. I had misplaced my card and went to the front desk to get a replacement. They just asked what room, told them the number and they gave me a card. No name, no I'd etc. A day later,with another person at the desk, I tried again indicating the the card was not working. They immediately remade another one again with no I'd inquiry. From a security point of view, that just doesn't work for me.

I even decided to provide feedback to the general manager after coming back from a business meeting. I found his office and introduced myself as a jest and discussed my concerns. He indicated I should talk to the front desk. Then dismissed the issue and said bye. Not exactly the response I was looking for.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014

Good location near Pont de Levallois Metro Station which makes it relatively quick to reach Lourve Musuem, La Fayette and Opera
Supermarket, Subway Restaurant and western cuisine restaurant is very near the hotel.
Hotel room is generally clean with water boiler, room slippers.

The staff are slow to replenish food plates at breakfast.
Good that they offer porridge as an option cos I am Asian and rice is staple.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Levallois-Perret
Mercure Paris Levallois Perret
#1 of 8 in Neuilly-sur-Seine
Espace Champerret
Espace Champerret
#6 of 14 in Levallois-Perret

Been to Evergreen Laurel Hotel? Share your experiences!