“Busy in the week and deserted on weekends”

Mercure Massy Gare TGV
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Massy
Australia
“Busy in the week and deserted on weekends”
Reviewed 15 September 2013

There is a total lack of consistency as to what parts of the hotel are open on the weekend. No breakfast, lunch or dinner to be relied upon - ever. Don't be fooled if the buffet dinner is available - purely leftovers from the week and weekend timings are all over the place. The appointments in the room are inconsistent. Be prepared to make some rearrangements to get basic functions. This is the only hotel that I pack an extension cord for - something I learned on my first visit 18 months ago. Staff are helpful but the organisation is atrocious. The refurbished reception cannot hide the poor management of this place.

Room Tip: I haven't found one yet that I could recommend in my 3 stays.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Alberto C, Directeur général at Mercure Massy Gare TGV, responded to this review, 17 January 2014
Dear Guest,
It was our pleasure having the chance to have you with us. I am extremely sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations for this stay, please accept my sincerest apologist.

It is indeed a concern that you feel the services offered was not up to the expected fine standards; we will of course take this very seriously and rectify any unusual shortfalls that may have occurred during your stay.

Let me seize this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to our attention, as honest opinion and constructive criticism is the only way that would enable us to improve and meet our guests expectations.

Sincerely Yours,

GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Thai first
Barcelona
Reviewed 5 September 2013

The Room was good, Bed was very confortable. I found a bit odd that the shower was broken and the spare parts were in the bathroom, however the day after it was fixed and the parts were taken away so I did not bother to contact the hotel. The hotel has an excellent restaurant with a good variety of

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Alberto C, Directeur général at Mercure Massy Gare TGV, responded to this review, 19 January 2014
Dear Guest ,

First of all thank you for your nice comment! The whole Mercure Paris Massy Gare TGV , team as well as the hotel management will be looking forward to your next visit.

We are delighted that you have enjoyed your stay with us. We take our customer feedback of utmost importance and would like to assure you that we continue to benchmark all our services against the market and updates are made accordingly.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon,

Cordially;
California
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Bed was comfortable - room was very quiet. Free in-room wi-fi, though I had to keep logging in several times a night to use it. Breakfast was good, lots of options. Very close to the RER station. Small grocery store down the street, as well as a pharmacy. Not many options for dinner in the immediate area though. Front desk staff was friendly and helpful! A bit far out if you all you plan to do is tour Paris..

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you most sincerely for sharing your thoughts of Mercure Paris MAssy Gare TGV with others guests’ on the tripadvisor.

We were very pleased to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us. It is always a great pleasure to receive such compliments, as it truly serves as a motivational factor in striving to achieve excellence.

Please rest assured that your detailed feedback has been very influential in the urge to improve to receive such positive comments.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity once again to serve you in the very near future.

Cordially;

Reviewed 29 August 2013 via mobile

I enjoy my 2 nights sleep here, as we flew across ocean and continent from Indonesia. The bed is comfortable with extra pillows stashed in the closet. They provide thick and huge towels, but strangely there weren't any amenities what so ever provided. First I thought they forgot to replenished it when cleaning up both rooms I and my family used, what a coincidence I thought. But since we are all a bit jetlagged so no fuss, went to sleep after the hot soapless shower. But the next night when we came in from a whole day tour and the room is neatly made, there were still no amenities in any corner, I knew that either this management is stingy or somebody is naughty with their stocks.
Breakfast was ok and adequate, nothing special.
The plus is it has free and fast wifi, perhaps I was given a good room location for the signal reception.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank AnitaJo J

Thank you for choosing Mercure Paris Massy Gare TGV
I would like to sincerely thank you for sharing with us your feedback and letting us know about your recent visit. To receive such praise from our guest is very gratifying and knowing that you enjoyed so much the facilities, view and service is a reward in itself.

Your positive feedback has been shared with the team, which will encourage them to continue their efforts in this direction.

Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 August 2013

I stayed here for 13 nights which was a long one but I was on a course for work up the road and so this was handy to get to the office. The hotel is nice enough and the staff very nice and helpful. The price of the hotel was just crazy and it said it was 4 stars. more like a great 2 or a 3. The restaurant was very overpriced and just a bit pants really. A friend ordered a dish and it turned out to be a plate of cheese and nothing else. Then ordered something else on another day and that was just a plate of salmon. So really quite rubbish. So we didnt eat there for that reason. The other things on the menu looked ok but again overpriced. 14 euros for a sandwich was a bit high. 8 Euros for a big beer which was just crazy. But then again it is Paris. Not that its actually in Paris.
The first room I stayed in I had to be moved from as the air con didnt work. The second room was ok but it took me a week to get a TV remote out of them. NOT that there was anything English on the tele to watch which was just wrong. One news channel and that was it.
The lifts were having a huge problem when we were there and one just wouldnt close and the other was very bumpy. One did get fixed while we were there but the other one it took them nearly 2 weeks to fix it.
There are usually lots of people in groups staying at this hotel. Going out early and making lots of noise and coming back late with more noise.
The area around this hotel wasnt really that great. A walk over the railway lines there was a nice place to eat. Au Living.
Up the road both ways were chinese places to eat which were ok. One had a great toilet that was more like a disco inside. So funny once you have had a few.
Town of Massy itself wasnt much there either but you can get things like Pizza and Kebabs and fast food.
There is a shopping Mall about 15 mins walk away that does have a few places to eat.
But if you stay here over the weekend there is really no food to eat in the hotel. They dont have a cook/chef on at the weekends so you will have to eat snacks or whatever the bar man can cook. Which I found getting a bowl of chips out of them hard work. Once I said i will have nothing then he made me a bowl of chips.
Room was clean though and kept nicely. BUT if you put the Do not disturb sign outside the door they do just ignore it and walk in anyway WITHOUT knocking. This happened to me a few times.
Right think thats about it.
Good location to the offices around the area though. But a very captive audience so they will charge what they like for everything.
Thanks for reading.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Alberto C, Directeur général at Mercure Massy Gare TGV, responded to this review, 26 January 2016
Dear Guest ,
We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Hôtel Mercure Paris Massy Gare Tgv.

Bandung, Indonesia
Reviewed 9 August 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 3 nights.. The hotel is really farrrrrrrrrr away from the downtown Paris, luckily, I stayed here in a tour group, so there is a bus to deliver me to the downtown Paris... The room is clean, but a bit too small, and nothing special about the room,, just an ordinary clean room, rather small,,, if u like Chinese food, there is a a -not-bad- Chinese restaurant near the hotel, with around 10 minutes walking distance... Since it's a bit diffiicult to find food there....

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Jakarta, Jakarta Raya, Indonesia
Reviewed 1 August 2013

The hotel is not located in Paris itself, but in Massy, a satellite town of Paris. Thus you need some extra time when you want to go to the city center of Paris. The room is quite small, especially when you come with big luggages, but clean. The stay in this hotel is really & only to recollect our energy as there is nothing to do around the hotel. The breakfast is nothing special.

Room Tip: Prepare to get troubles to move around when you come with some big luggages.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Massy
Residhome Paris Massy
Kyriad Massy - Opera
Maison de l'Abbaye
Maison de l'Abbaye
#1 of 6 in Antony

Been to Mercure Massy Gare TGV? Share your experiences!