“An average hotel - not many to choose from in the Massy area”

Mercure Massy Gare TGV
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Massy
Reviewed 7 December 2013

I recently stayed at the Mecure Massy Gare TGV hotel for a business trip. There are not a lot of hotels in the general area and this hotel was recommended by colleagues as it is close to our Massy facility.

The Mercure Massy Gare TGV is an older hotel. The front desk staff was always extremely helpful. My colleagues and I had breakfast each morning, which was included in our stay. The food was fine, but very limited selection and did not appear to be refilled very quickly. As we got off the elevator to go to our room, we each noticed a very unpleasant odor on the 4th floor as soon as we got off the elevator. It wasn't super strong, but enough that you would take notice. Luckily the odor was not in my room - if it was, I would have asked to be put on a different floor or would have had to stay in a different hotel. The rooms are small, compared to hotels in the USA, but my room was well appointed and clean. I did have several light bulbs that were not working. If I am to travel back to this area for business, I would stay here again based on the very close location to the office. It is also a very short walk to the RER B and TGV train. Please note - for those of you who love to shop, like I do, this is not the place for you. There are very limited restaurants and no shopping in this general area.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Alberto C, Directeur général at Mercure Massy Gare TGV, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

It was our pleasure having the chance to have you with us. I am extremely sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations for this stay, please accept my sincerest apologist.

It is indeed a concern that you feel the services offered was not up to the expected fine standards; we will of course take this very seriously and rectify any unusual shortfalls that may have occurred during your stay.

Let me seize this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to our attention, as honest opinion and constructive criticism is the only way that would enable us to improve and meet our guests expectations.

Sincerely Yours,

There are newer reviews for Mercure Massy Gare TGV

Reviewed 11 November 2013

The hotel weas comfortable. The reservation was accurate so an improvement on previous stay. Breakfast and room are expensive. OK location can mean a high proce, but €18 for breakfast!! It was not that great.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Alberto C, Directeur général at Mercure Massy Gare TGV, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2014

Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you most sincerely for sharing your thoughts of Mercure Massy Gare TGV with others guests’ on the tripadvisor.

We were very pleased to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us. It is always a great pleasure to receive such compliments, as it truly serves as a motivational factor in striving to achieve excellence.

As you know that in our breakfast buffet is hot and cold fresh products, and from the best French products, given you a large choices for the must completely breakfast buffet,
You can find also other small breakfast the we name it Express &co for 8€ and served at the restaurant at the same hours with a hot drink as your choose and orange juice and croissant with jam and honey always served with our butter bread.

Please rest assured that your detailed feedback has been very influential in the urge to improve to receive such positive comments.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity once again to serve you in the very near future.

Reviewed 9 November 2013 via mobile

Réception and breakfast r v good .they r smiling always got upgraded immediately when I asked for a better room . They respect customers and for a 3 stars business hotel its good location beside the metro rer paris is v good ..

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Alberto C, Directeur général at Mercure Massy Gare TGV, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing MERCURE MASSY for your recent visit to PARIS.
I would like to sincerely thank you for sharing with us your feedback and letting us know about your recent visit. To receive such praise from our guest is very gratifying and knowing that you enjoyed so much the facilities, view and service is a reward in itself.

Your positive feedback has been shared with the team, which will encourage them to continue their efforts in this direction.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed 6 November 2013

We stayed there a few months ago for a couple of nights, and wished we didn't. I was relying on the Mercure name as I've had good experience staying in this chain elsewhere before, but this Mercure branch needs an honest-to-goodness updating or upgrading. Reception was quite efficient (though I found it disconcerting that the sales manager (he seemed to be) only acknowledged my husband whenever we were at the counter requesting something -- perhaps because he spoke french and i did not? They already knew that when we first arrived).

The room was relatively clean but small and basic. A lot of stuff in our room, however, badly needed fixing! The window shades would not close properly, one of the wall lamps was cracked or bashed in, and the toilet paper holder in the bathroom was loose. For the room rate I paid, I expected the basic things at least to work.

The location is good only if one is transiting (and do not need anything but a relatively clean bed for a few hours and a quick shower) or has work to do in the immediate area, which is an industrial park, with some residential apartments a block or so away. In any case, there is nothing else to do or to see here. Good thing, though, is that wifi connection was strong (at least in our room) and there were good channels n TV -- it compensated for the really bland surroundings.

We checked out the breakfast buffet, but decided against it, as we thought it was too paltry for the amount they charged. We got croissants and coffee in the station, instead.

Such a joyless place, but if one doesn't mind so much not to get value for what one pays for and absolutely need to be in that area, then it is better to choose another hotel (but not in this area).

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest ,
First of all thank you for your nice comment , The whole Mercure Massy Gare TGV team as well as the hotel management will be looking forward to your next visit.

Allow me to sincerely apologize to your goodself for failing to meet your expectations with regard to some points of your stay, whilst at the same time I thank you for taking the time to bring this issue to our attention.

Cordially,

Reviewed 7 October 2013

Our rooms were exceedingly hot, and the air conditioning wasn't working. When we complained at the reception, we were told that the air conditioning is always switched off during the "cold season", and it is completely and utterly impossible to switch it back on. On top of this, the windows in our rooms couldn't be opened, so it was uncomfortably hot at night, and impossible to get a good night's sleep. The staff were friendly, but their English was rather limited, so communication was difficult. The food was mediocre at best. Overall this was very bad value for money, even by Paris standards.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear ,
Thank you to take time to write your opinion about our hotel ,
Kindly be sure that each word was analyzed and we have check all the air-condition system you be sure that this kind of disturb will never happened again at our hotel .
Thanks again and kindly be sure that all our team doing and will continue to do more to give you the best service ,
we are looking that you will kindly accept all our apologize

Hoping to welcome you back to our hotel soon

Reviewed 15 September 2013

There is a total lack of consistency as to what parts of the hotel are open on the weekend. No breakfast, lunch or dinner to be relied upon - ever. Don't be fooled if the buffet dinner is available - purely leftovers from the week and weekend timings are all over the place. The appointments in the room are inconsistent. Be prepared to make some rearrangements to get basic functions. This is the only hotel that I pack an extension cord for - something I learned on my first visit 18 months ago. Staff are helpful but the organisation is atrocious. The refurbished reception cannot hide the poor management of this place.

Room Tip: I haven't found one yet that I could recommend in my 3 stays.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Sincerely Yours,

Reviewed 5 September 2013

The Room was good, Bed was very confortable. I found a bit odd that the shower was broken and the spare parts were in the bathroom, however the day after it was fixed and the parts were taken away so I did not bother to contact the hotel. The hotel has an excellent restaurant with a good variety of

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest ,

First of all thank you for your nice comment! The whole Mercure Paris Massy Gare TGV , team as well as the hotel management will be looking forward to your next visit.

We are delighted that you have enjoyed your stay with us. We take our customer feedback of utmost importance and would like to assure you that we continue to benchmark all our services against the market and updates are made accordingly.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon,

Cordially;
GM

Also consider these accommodations in or near Massy
Residhome Paris Massy
#3 of 4 in Palaiseau
Kyriad Massy - Opera
Tulip Inn Massy Palaiseau Residence
Ibis Budget Antony Massy

Been to Mercure Massy Gare TGV? Share your experiences!