“The fabulous Fox!”
Review of The Fox

The Fox
Cuisines: Pub
Reviewed 10 September 2018

Another superb evening dinner at The Fox. The first for my friend and definitely not his last. The guaranteed friendly warm welcome greeted us as we ordered a predinner drink at the bar before being taken to our lovely table. We had booked for 8pm and the dining room was full of happy people- always a good sign. I am a pescatarian and never have problem here with a good choice of either fish dishes or vegetarian, cooked to a high standard and genuinely vegetarian!! Our crab cakes starter was wonderful. My partner eats meat and had their famous beef ale pie, whilst I had a delicious sweet potato and spinach lasagne. The problem with the puddings is what to choose. A Ferrero Rocher cheesecake was too good to miss whilst my partner had the Sticky toffee pudding. The Fox has a really good wine list with knowledgeable bar staff. The waiting staff are all well turned out and can't be more helpful, always with a smile. There is no waiting around for service and you are never rushed. I saw other people from my own village -no surprise. This is a real pub serving outstanding fresh food with a lovely area to sit and enjoy a beer or two. We will be back for seconds as soon as we can.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 9 September 2018

We have eaten here, as a couple, many times, usually ringing up last minute but always being accommodated.
This is a village pub that knows it’s customers well.
The menu isn’t complicated with foams and rehydrated dehydrated powders, it’s just a good solid menu with plenty of choice and what they serve is well cooked and always hot.
Portions are generous and items can be swooped such as mash for chips.
The service is always very professional but not that ‘in your face’ type, attentive but discreet and always with a smile.
Puddings/deserts, homemade, ample, delicious, just have one even if you’re full - you can share.
There’s a good choice of real ales as well as gin, lager and all the usual.
Finally, the prices are excellent.

Date of visit: August 2018
1  Thank Scuffy4
Reviewed 20 July 2018

How lucky is this village to have such a lovely pub! First visit for us and we were very impressed. We sat outside on a lovely evening for dinner. Ordered at the bar and the two waitresses were so helpful and professional it was a joy. I wanted a slightly amended order.......no problem at all. Drinks brought out to us and then our food which was delicious. Well presented and tasty. The pub was busy, lots of local people, I am not surprised , such a joy to have a place like this. Will definitely be back. And full marks to the waiting staff who have been so well trained in customer service, Thank you

Date of visit: July 2018
3  Thank jenny_rogers99
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Delicious food and friendly helpful staff. Not to be missed. We so enjoyed..we returned the following evening. Highly recommended. Enjoyed drinks in the sun before going into the informal restaurant to eat. Blade of beef was scrummy!

Date of visit: June 2018
1  Thank 182elerij
Reviewed 25 June 2018

We booked a table here last minute and they were very accommodating. They had a great vegan selection, which seems to be rare in smaller towns and villages, so I was very impressed.

Everything was beautifully presented and the chocolate dessert was lush!

I would have taken pictures but I couldn't wait to dig in. I'd recommend this place for anyone who likes a quaint setting and great food!

Date of visit: June 2018