“Good hotel”

Mercure Paris La Defense Grande Arche Hotel
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Nanterre
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Good hotel at reasonable price,
Very near to RER station good conection to city center but travel can take your time.
Good breakfest, nice bar, When we headed to our hotel with our tour group, we were told not to expect a large room like we might be used to, but I was very pleasantly surprised to find a double bed, a lounge chair and a small table with 2 pouffe type chairs with coffee, tea etc .

Room Tip: All are the same
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Mercure t, Directeur général at Mercure Paris La Defense Grande Arche Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Dear Customer

We are delighted to read that your stay at the Mercure Paris tourist Defense Grande Arche went smoothly.
We pass your positive comments all the teams.
Hope to see you again
Best regards

Reviewed 1 July 2014

When we headed to our hotel with our tour group, we were told not to expect a large room like we might be used to, but I was very pleasantly surprised to find a double bed, a lounge chair and a small table with 2 pouffe type chairs with coffee, tea etc.. My coffee machine didn't work and the gentleman who brought my bag to the room replace it with a kettle for me. Our suitcases arrived very promptly to our rooms which was a plus. At first I was a bit put out that we were in the second building - the main building had the restaurant and reception in it - but in the end there wasn't a problem - could have been a problem if it had been raining though. When we arrived there was a street market happening, and to tired travellers a very messy, loud market happening outside your door wasn't very welcoming, but it was all cleaned away at the end of the night. There was a handy supermarket between the two hotels which sold everything you needed. There were also a number of restaurants available, but unfortunately they would not be serving until 7pm. All in all I was very happy with my room and the area it was in.

Room Tip: A room in the main hotel could be a better proposition - especially if the weather is bad
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Mercure t, Directeur général at Mercure Paris La Defense Grande Arche Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Mercure Hôtel Paris La Défense Grande Arche . It is always a pleasure to receive feedback.

Christelle de Giafferi

Reviewed 18 June 2014

I stayed in a privilege room (6th floor) and the 4 stars where almost there. Only the bathroom was as a 3 stars hotel, but the room was very nice. Very close to RER A, so the location was useful for those who needed to travel much. For dinner time the brasseries at the Esplanade Grande Arch (walking distance) were nice, good food and wine. The hotel personal were pleasant and professional.

Room Tip: Choose a privilege room.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Reviewed 1 June 2014

I wouldn't classify this as a 4 star hotel.. but we got a good rate and decided to go for it.
Located right by the RER it was easy & fast to get in and out of the city..
We stayed there 3 nights.- I wouldn't say the housekeeping was stellar- but we didn't worry about catching anything either.
There was a horrible smell in both elevators- hope they will take care of that.
It seemed to be a fair amount of tour groups staying there at the same time. We had a rate of $89 - this included breakfast, however we were not told that until we checked out. - lol.
They also asked for us to pay an addition 10 euro at checkout- as some sort of tax.. We had confirmation that it had been paid in full.
I thought the staff was friendly for the most part. - There was one lady in the reception who was rude- when I asked her to help me print something.- (there is no business center- just a broken printer. )

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Mercure t, Directeur général at Mercure Paris La Defense Grande Arche Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear Guest

We thank you for taking the time to leave a few comments regarding your stay at the Hotel Mercure Residence Defense Grande Arche.

Be assured that corrective measures are already implemented to ensure a level of quality that meets your expectations, and regain your confidence in a future stay.

In the meantime, please believe in expressing our best wishes.

Best regards
General manager

Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

I'm with a group and we are travelling through France & Spain, staying at Accor hotels and this place is disgusting. The rooms are no way 4 star. They are dirty, badly maintained, stained carpets & walls. Bad bathrooms with mould and peeling paint... Showers are barely high enough to reach your chest and just poor standard of service. The exact location is a bit of a lie, but it's right on a metro station and less than 20euro for a cab, so I will give the place it's dues.

The receptionist understood what I was complaining about when I showed him how filthy the room was and just said sorry.. Not even a change of room.

Book elsewhere is my best advise here, or you will be disappointed. This is more an old Ibis. Not Mercure. Accor.. You should be embarrassed by this.

Rooms 409 & 410. May 29th.

This is my worst trip advisor review. Ever.

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank CraigsLists

dear Guest,

We thank you for taking the time to leave a few comments regarding your stay at the Hotel Mercure Residence La Defense Grande Arche.

We find that it does not fully give you satisfaction, we apologize.

We have taken note of your comments. Quality is our center of interest on a daily base and we are already working on your comments to fix it.

Looking forward to welcoming you again at the Hotel Mercure Residence Defense Park.

Regards
Christelle de Giafferi

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Disappointing hotel. Firstly it is not in La Defense or near the Grande Arche despite the name. You can take the RER train for 1 stop or a taxi from La Defense but the hotel is probably 25-30 mins walking from La Defense.

Reception and the small restaurant are OK although restaurant prices are expensive given the location. Simple burger meal was reasonably tasty.

Rooms are similar to UK Travel lodge or Premier inn level. However, bathroom was small and towels were thin and grey. Air conditioning did not work and opening window resulted in a lot of early morning noise from the street below as deliveries to nearby businesses got underway. Overall rooms felt 'past it' and there was nothing to get excited about.

Would rate this hotel at 2 if the price was below 100 Euros. However, at 210Euros/night I can only give it 1. However the high price could reflect high demand in Paris at this time of year.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank John S

Dear Guest

I just send you a personal email in order to discuss with with about your stay.

Iest regards

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I spend 4 nights for business in this hotel. The stuff was really polite and helpful! Breakfast was also great and with free espressos...Moreover the room was clean although a little bit small...but the free internet and the good room service are advantages that make you forget the lack of space. The proximity to the metro station (10 minutes walk to the Metro) makes this hotel a good choice. The restaurant was also of high quality along with the service. I think the hotel is a fair one (best value for money) and this is something you cannot easily find in cities like Paris.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Mercure t, Directeur général at Mercure Paris La Defense Grande Arche Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

My dear customers
Teams and I sincerely thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay and for taking the time to write your comment and recommendation; I am delighted that you enjoyed your overall stay and I hope to continue having you as guests of Mercure Paris la Défense Grande Arche

Regards

C de Giafferi

Also consider these accommodations in or near Nanterre
Mercure Paris La Defense
#1 of 41 in La Defense
Hilton Paris La Defense
Hilton Paris La Defense
#5 of 41 in La Defense

Been to Mercure Paris La Defense Grande Arche Hotel? Share your experiences!