“Good price and very good food”
Review of Hotel Itineraires

Hotel Itineraires
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Nanterre
Rotenburg an der Fulda, Germany
“Good price and very good food”
Reviewed 24 January 2008

I have paid a very good price in this hôtel. The food was fine (new Chef), and the service very kind. A very good choice for a business traveller. (a Pity, I had no WiFi...they have told me that it will be operative in februar 08)

• Liked — The food
  • Disliked — It's hard to find something
  • Stayed November 2007, travelled on business
1 Thank serial-fetard

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Somerset, England
Reviewed 24 July 2007

I went here on a school trip for five days. At first glance inside the hotel looked nice. But when we got to the room even though it was quite clean it was small with a double bed and a sofa bed. We didn't like this, because there was no room to pull out the sofa bed, so three of us decided to share the double bed.
To put the state of food in one word; disgusting. The dinner the night we got there was chips, raw chicken and dougnuts. No other choice. Nothing for veggies, so me and two other girls had to live on chips every dinner, and sometimes got given meat even though we said we didn't want it. Breakfast was good choice and quite nice. But one of the staff came out once and started yelling at some students in french, for picking up a glass. Some nights we had to wait an extra half an hour for the meals.
The lifts were dodgy and broke down and stopped in random places. There was only an elevater up to the hotel entrance. So on the day of leave all of us had to tumble our chases down four flights of stairs.

• Liked — Relatively clean, Coming home to good old England
  • Disliked — FOOD
  • Stayed July 2007
1 Thank amy7777

Travellers are raving about these Nanterre hotels

england
Reviewed 20 July 2007

the hotel was a disgrace it is cheap and that explains why the hotel food was dirty and tasted like rubbish. the hotel rooms were not very confortable and the shower was an open cube with no door. we had to leave the windows open as a result of no airconditioning and the room was then full of flies and beatles! the hotel was scary and rumours had gone around that the hotel used to be a hospital which wud explain why the doors where blue! there was floor 1,2,3 and also a -1 and -2. -1 no-one went in but -2 was heard to be the hospitals old morgue. It wasnt permitted to go down but it was accesible through the lift. A couple of my friends and i took a trip to -2. It stunk of fish and it was dark and terrifying. it smelt stale and disgusting and it really did look and smell like a morgue.. the maids moved everything expensive into hiden places and were not polite. there were rumours that ghosts lived there..this made the hotel an unpleasant place to stay.i did not enjoy it and i would only reccomend it if u wanted to see ghosts and take a trip to a old horrible morgue!!!

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed July 2007
Americus, Ga
Reviewed 16 June 2007

Well, the rooms were full of small little bugs, but that might have been because we had to leave our windows open since there was no air conditioning. Halfway through the stay, a couple of my tour members heard that the hotel used to actually be an old hospital, which makes sense because the building itself resembled a hospital. They had also heard that the second basement level was the old morgue, so we decided to check it out since it was accessible through the elevator. In the elevator, it had a button for level -1 and level -2. Level -1 was a nice refurbished area to hang out with a little art gallery and everything. That is where we were hanging out. We pressed the button for level -2. As soon as we got in the elevator, we smelled something very fowl that some people described as fish. As soon as the elevator doors opened at -2 a very pungent disturbing smell overcame the whole group and the elevator. It smelled absolutely disgusting. It was truly unbearable and we all had to cover our noses. We were all laughing though because it was so unbelievable that it actually smelled like formaldehyde which is a chemical used in the embalming process. This would prove that it was the old morgue. I don't know if the hotel just could not get rid of the smell or they just didn't want to pay the money to get rid of it but it was truly apalling. No one got out of the elevator to explore although I really wanted to. Ghosts and that kind of stuff intrigue me and I wanted to see if it was haunted. No one would go with me though and I was not about to go alone. I encourage anyone that is staying in this hotel to visit level -2 and have enough courage to get out of the elevator. If you're lucky, you might even get to spot a dead body!

• Stayed June 2007
2 Thank thisismariop
Ohio
Reviewed 24 May 2007

Last week I stayed at this hotel with an EF tour group and was not expecting much since I had read the reviews online. The hotel is basic, but in a good location just on the RER one stop beyond the La Defense metro stop and close to the center of Paris. The outdoor escalator was not working so we used a back ramp to carry our luggage into the hotel. The phones in the rooms need to be turned on at the front desk. The internet machine does work, but you may have to ask the front desk to turn off the computer and restart it so the mouse will work for you. The breakfast was very good for such a hotel, the croissants were freshly baked and hot and the coffee was from a coffee machine dispenser that offered several choices. The staff seemed not to speak English, but if you tried to use French they were more helpful.

• Liked — Breakfast
  • Disliked — Staff
  • Stayed May 2007
2 Thank ArtTeacherOhio
New York
Reviewed 17 April 2007

I lead a school trip with EF TOURS who seem to use this hotel very frequently. To be fair to EF TOURS, I informed them several weeks ago of what I'm about to share with you. We arrived at the hotel which is an easy metro ride just outside of Paris. Upon arrival we were given our rooms which were decent and livable, 1 ½ to 2 star accommodations, not "3 Star" by any stretch of the imagination! The pictures on the website are not even of the hotel from the outside and I did not recognize any of the rooms pictured on the inside! The kids wanted to contact their parents, as did I to inform them of our safe arrival in Paris. The phones in the rooms are purely for show...they don’t work! Not even room to room calls can be made. The hotel has two pay phones in the basement that you have to spend money on to access your international phone card, which is not normal. The phone on the left was unreliable and worked only on occasion, which left one pay phone in the entire hotel for every guest in the hotel! I was originally confused as to why I had to pay to use a phone with a calling card and one staff member relayed to another staff member in French that I was a stupid American! There was one internet terminal which was out of order the whole entire time. There are no alarm clocks in the rooms so bring one with you! Everything is bare bones basic. I've had better living conditions in military barracks while serving in the U.S. Army! On the first night there my students got in an elevator to go to their 4th floor room. The elevator broke down and the students we stuck between floors for two hours! When the hotel staff was informed of our students stuck in the elevator they did not have a sense of urgency! Thirty minutes after they were first informed of students stuck in the elevator and an angry group leader on their hands at the front desk they finally said "maybe someone will be able to come to help in an hour". This was at 11:00 PM after traveling all day. They also denied food to my group of kids. When one of my students tried to get a second croissant at breakfast they yelled at him before I stepped in! The breakfast served was stale cornflakes, cold hard boiled eggs, hard bread, and vending machine coffee. The staff seemed more bothered and annoyed by our presence than welcoming. They only speak French or Spanish. If you speak English they will basically turn around and ignore you. Don’t expect that warm and fuzzy feeling at this hotel; you are nuisance not a guest!

• Liked — Leaving!
  • Disliked — The staff!
  • Stayed April 2007
3 Thank NVOUS845
bern
Reviewed 6 February 2007

This hotel is situated close to the railway station near La Defense, surrounded by office buildings. The rooms are small, old-fashioned, grubby, the beds are short etc. - a perfect place to get depressed!!! Didn't try the breakfast, they will charge 11 Euro extra and based on the impression of the room you are not motivated to test the cook's competence. Go get another hotel, you may pay more but you will definitely feel better!

• Liked — good question
  • Disliked — the room
  • Stayed February 2007, travelled on business