US$213
US$75
US$84
US$95
US$92
All reviewscheese slicesprocessed hamstay there againla defenserer stationfruit juicescrambled eggspariswardrobekettlebusinessreceptionist
Reviewed 31 July 2017

Third time here for my wife and me. The reason we stay here is because it is close to where my sister-in-law lives. On this occasion we booked a 'Superior Double'. It was average-sized with a good King-sized bed, and efficient air-con. Small wardrobe with those infuriating clothes hangers which you have to hook into a tiny slot.
Coffee, tea sachets, and a cordless kettle with a lead that was so short that we had to move the unit on which it stood in front of the room door to enable the kettle to reach the nearest electric plug point.
There was no sink-plug in the bathroom sink and when I requested one from the Receptionist who spoke no English, but with help from a passing guest, I was offered a change of room, which I declined. Eventually the Receptionist accompanied me to our room, saw the empty plug-hole, cried "Aha!" and later returned with a plug. During our four-day stay we saw five Receptionists of whom only two spoke/understood English. The cleaning standard was excellent although on one day the bathroom bin was not emptied, and on another our tea/coffee sachets were not supplied.
The breakfast room had a coffee machine which gave good coffee, and there were the usual croissants and bread. Each day there was scrambled egg , processed ham slices, cheese slices, cereals, fruit juices. One day there were chipolatas. I would advise going to breakfast as early as you can as some things which run out may not be replenished.
My W.I.S.T.A. (Would I Stay There Again?) Rating: Yes, because it's cheap and cheerful, and only 400 metres from my Sister-in-Law's flat. If you don't have a nearby relative you could do better, but you'd need to pay more.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Departure802618
Reviewed 11 June 2017

On the plus side the location of the hotel in a residential area should be mentioned. It is well connected to RER and Metro in La Defense and the staff are very helpful in explaining everything in English. On the negative side avoid a room facing the street, gets very noisy at night!

Room Tip: facing the industrial estate assures sound sleep
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank LaohuPenang
Reviewed 3 January 2017

The "L'Amandier" is a good choice, if the following points are important to you:

You want a hotel in paris, without paying a lot of money?
You want a good transport connection to go to the centrum of the city?
You want to spend most of the time outside and come to the hotel only to sleep?
You want to have a good breakfast to start your day?
You want to have a parking space without paying?

Then the "L'Amandier" is the best option for you.

The prices are more then good for a hotel in Paris. Yes, it's not a 5-star-hotel but you can sleep good, it's not too cold neither too warm, you have a toilet plus warm water for the shower and towels.

The breakfast buffet is also good. You have eggs, baguette, cheese, ham, bacon, crossaints (with and without chocolate), juice and a coffee mashine.

Directly in front of the hotel you have parking spaces. It is included for guests.

Also in front of the hotel you find a bus station. Here you can start your visit of Paris. The line 159 leads you to a central-station-like called "La Defense" where you can swich to metro or other buses. Overall you take about 20-30 minutes from the hotel to the Louvre, for example.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 September 2016

Basic hotel which would be decent except for staff not being particularly friendly, as well as having my mobile phone charger stolen from my room. I did not feel comfortable dining alone in the restaurant as it was full of men (probably just my bad luck but nonetheless).

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
2  Thank Ana Sheila M
Reviewed 11 September 2016

The room was um compact, with two narrow single beds. (Pet hate: the beds are on highly mobile casters.) The room comes with tea/coffee-making stuff. Loads of reliable hot water in the good sized-shower. They were very obliging about letting me my room late (until 13:00). Good but not exceptional buffet breakfast (is it really so difficult to provide hot meat dishes? Bacon or sausage?) Private but open parking immediately alongside the hotel. Easy access to the motorway.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends