“Tasteless mush”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neuilly-sur-Seine, France
“Tasteless mush”
Reviewed 6 September 2012 via mobile

A family of four, we got take-out, ordering a little extra so as to have left-overs. Not one dish was even half-way decent. All were flavorless, the ones that were hot were just tongue-burning without any other taste. There were only two or three overly chewy shrimp in the "shrimp" biryani, the daal was more like soup and completely bland. Not saying that we wanted more of this food, but portions were small and expensive.
If I said it was Indian McDonald's, I would be insulting McDonald's.

Terre Haute, Indiana
“Good Indian Food in Upscale Ambience”
Reviewed 31 July 2012

I dined here one night passing through Paris and was more than satisfied. The decor of the place is upscale Indian, nice traditional furniture, and a double level dining room. The menu offered a wide variety of traditional Indian dishes, and some I had never seen before. I had a delicious appetizer, spiced onion beignets over salad, with typical dipping sauces. For my main course, I had a Shrimp Curry which was quite tasty, well spiced but not overly hot. The shrimp were ample, succulent, and large enough for such a dish. My only criticism is that there was no free white rice option.. There were several specialty rices on the menu at 5 to 7 euro, and the plain white which I choose for my curry was 4 or 5, which seemed high to me. Of course, I am used to Indian restaurants in the U.S. where white rice is usually free with nearly every dish. The waiters were efficient and polite and fluent in French as well as English. All in all I enjoyed the meal and would happily take my wife there if we were in the neighborhood again.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank EZTVoyager
Courbevoie, France
“A tasteless cuisine”
Reviewed 24 July 2012

I went with my husband there to know how indian restaurant in Neuilly would be like. Being both of Indian origins, we were really disappointed by the food served. The lamb vindaloo was not cooked from scratch, we could taste the ready made paste in the sauce. The vegetable sabzi was almost tasteless and not that great. The decoration of the restaurant is the only thing that can attract the clients. Apart from this the price are too high for the low quality of food. I never like to leave a bad review on restaurants, but we are very disappointed by it.

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank Boisterousmermaid
Ashford, United Kingdom
“Nice food in a decent restaurant”
Reviewed 2 July 2012

Myself and 3 of my colleagues ate here. Prices probably were a little higher than other restaurants nearby but the food was good. Not the best curry I've ever had but it was very tasty and my chicken biryani was full of chicken.

Service felt slower than some Indian restaurants I've been to previously but the waiters were attentive. The night we were in the restaurant I think there were quite a few tables arrived just in front of us so this may have accounted for things being a little slow. Air-conditioning in the restaurant helped to keep things nice at our table which was a big deal as one of our party is not that good at putting up with hot weather.

• Visited June 2012
Paris, France
“Bland flavourless overpriced food, extremely disappointing”
Reviewed 22 November 2011

I went to Ashiana with my father having read reviews on this site. We both love Indian food and have enjoyed some fantastic examples all over the world, particularly in London. On arrival I was excited by the ambience of the place and, although somewhat shocked by the prices (even by London standards) we placed our order and eagerly awaited our food. To our great disappointment, the food was bland and flavourless. The curry sauce basically a few small cubes of meat in a tasteless thin gravy. There was no rich tomatoe depth, no heat and no sign of any spice, fresh or otherwise. I can truly say that I have tasted better curry from a tin whilst a student. Please dont waste your time or your money in this restaurant.

• Visited November 2011