“Need to be spiced up and not cheap”
Review of Ashiana

Ashiana
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Paris, France
“Need to be spiced up and not cheap”
Reviewed 25 February 2013

We have eaten here several times and learnt that you need to ask them to spice up the curries. The Lamb Sagt is very nice and the meat somosa is good as is the chicken tikka, but all dishes require extra spice as they can be a bit bland othwise as we have learnt from experience. The ambience is good and the service very good but the food does not come cheap. On average for 3 people with entre, mains rice, naan and a bottle of wine you will be paying around €150 which includes taxes and service charge. Great location as metro is right outside the door

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank LeGOAT

Neuilly-sur-Seine, France
“Tasteless mush”
Reviewed 6 September 2012 via mobile

A family of four, we got take-out, ordering a little extra so as to have left-overs. Not one dish was even half-way decent. All were flavorless, the ones that were hot were just tongue-burning without any other taste. There were only two or three overly chewy shrimp in the "shrimp" biryani, the daal was more like soup and completely bland. Not saying that we wanted more of this food, but portions were small and expensive.
If I said it was Indian McDonald's, I would be insulting McDonald's.

Terre Haute, Indiana
“Good Indian Food in Upscale Ambience”
Reviewed 31 July 2012

I dined here one night passing through Paris and was more than satisfied. The decor of the place is upscale Indian, nice traditional furniture, and a double level dining room. The menu offered a wide variety of traditional Indian dishes, and some I had never seen before. I had a delicious appetizer, spiced onion beignets over salad, with typical dipping sauces. For my main course, I had a Shrimp Curry which was quite tasty, well spiced but not overly hot. The shrimp were ample, succulent, and large enough for such a dish. My only criticism is that there was no free white rice option.. There were several specialty rices on the menu at 5 to 7 euro, and the plain white which I choose for my curry was 4 or 5, which seemed high to me. Of course, I am used to Indian restaurants in the U.S. where white rice is usually free with nearly every dish. The waiters were efficient and polite and fluent in French as well as English. All in all I enjoyed the meal and would happily take my wife there if we were in the neighborhood again.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank EZTVoyager
Courbevoie, France
“A tasteless cuisine”
Reviewed 24 July 2012

I went with my husband there to know how indian restaurant in Neuilly would be like. Being both of Indian origins, we were really disappointed by the food served. The lamb vindaloo was not cooked from scratch, we could taste the ready made paste in the sauce. The vegetable sabzi was almost tasteless and not that great. The decoration of the restaurant is the only thing that can attract the clients. Apart from this the price are too high for the low quality of food. I never like to leave a bad review on restaurants, but we are very disappointed by it.

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank Boisterousmermaid
Ashford, United Kingdom
“Nice food in a decent restaurant”
Reviewed 2 July 2012

Myself and 3 of my colleagues ate here. Prices probably were a little higher than other restaurants nearby but the food was good. Not the best curry I've ever had but it was very tasty and my chicken biryani was full of chicken.

Service felt slower than some Indian restaurants I've been to previously but the waiters were attentive. The night we were in the restaurant I think there were quite a few tables arrived just in front of us so this may have accounted for things being a little slow. Air-conditioning in the restaurant helped to keep things nice at our table which was a big deal as one of our party is not that good at putting up with hot weather.

• Visited June 2012