“Bland and expensive”

Paris, France
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bland and expensive”
Reviewed 5 April 2013

I was very disappointed. The food is almost tasteless and very pricey. So disappointing and very expensive for what I ate. There are far better Indian restaurants in Paris, Try Passage Brady ones, wall to wall indian restaurants and you will eat authentic Indian dishes for half the price.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank ElsieC34

Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Awesome restaurant”
Reviewed 26 February 2013

One of the best restaurant in Paris. The taste of the food is very near to the food that we have in India.
Overall, I would say a must visit.
Little expensive, but worth-it.

I dont regret any of my orders placed for taste or quality. The atmosphere is amazing and good for private dinners, or business lunches

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank ca_yusuf
Paris, France
“Need to be spiced up and not cheap”
Reviewed 25 February 2013

We have eaten here several times and learnt that you need to ask them to spice up the curries. The Lamb Sagt is very nice and the meat somosa is good as is the chicken tikka, but all dishes require extra spice as they can be a bit bland othwise as we have learnt from experience. The ambience is good and the service very good but the food does not come cheap. On average for 3 people with entre, mains rice, naan and a bottle of wine you will be paying around €150 which includes taxes and service charge. Great location as metro is right outside the door

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank LeGOAT
Neuilly-sur-Seine, France
“Tasteless mush”
Reviewed 6 September 2012 via mobile

A family of four, we got take-out, ordering a little extra so as to have left-overs. Not one dish was even half-way decent. All were flavorless, the ones that were hot were just tongue-burning without any other taste. There were only two or three overly chewy shrimp in the "shrimp" biryani, the daal was more like soup and completely bland. Not saying that we wanted more of this food, but portions were small and expensive.
If I said it was Indian McDonald's, I would be insulting McDonald's.

Terre Haute, Indiana
“Good Indian Food in Upscale Ambience”
Reviewed 31 July 2012

I dined here one night passing through Paris and was more than satisfied. The decor of the place is upscale Indian, nice traditional furniture, and a double level dining room. The menu offered a wide variety of traditional Indian dishes, and some I had never seen before. I had a delicious appetizer, spiced onion beignets over salad, with typical dipping sauces. For my main course, I had a Shrimp Curry which was quite tasty, well spiced but not overly hot. The shrimp were ample, succulent, and large enough for such a dish. My only criticism is that there was no free white rice option.. There were several specialty rices on the menu at 5 to 7 euro, and the plain white which I choose for my curry was 4 or 5, which seemed high to me. Of course, I am used to Indian restaurants in the U.S. where white rice is usually free with nearly every dish. The waiters were efficient and polite and fluent in French as well as English. All in all I enjoyed the meal and would happily take my wife there if we were in the neighborhood again.

• Visited July 2012