“Infested with Bed Bugs!”
Review of Jardin de Neuilly

Jardin de Neuilly
“Infested with Bed Bugs!”
Reviewed 5 September 2011

I have stayed at this hotel numerous times over the past few years due to its locazion to La Defense. Overall, the experience was not bad. However, after a recent stay, i was bitten by bed bugs all over my face....2 nights in a row. It took at least 2 weeks for the bites to go away, disgusting!

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank Tanyamj_126

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Beijing, China
Reviewed 13 July 2011

This hotel could be so much more... I thought I was going to experience a lovely boutique hotel, but it suffers from the same ailments as many small French hotels: everything feels old and worn, to such an extent that it spoils what could be a great stay. And my bathroom was minuscule, despite a deluxe room: barely enough room for the toilet, sink and shower.

Staff is great - but it doesn't make up for the rest.

• Stayed March 2011
Oakbrook Terrace, Illinois
Reviewed 15 June 2011

The most negative reviews carry a lot of the same issues I most noted - no in room clock, inconsistent operating remote control for TV, only the bathroom was really splendid, no dressers or drawers to put clothes in, internet signal of marginal at best strength in the rear building, room of clausterphobic size. View out window was a small courtyard (sue people in the other building could see us) and the bathroom window had no covering. Reception is very nice, just shocked at the spartan nature of the room, furnishings, and it was not cheap. Location was well north of Arch so metro or you are in for a long long walk; 12 euro taxi ride to the Sienne.
Now, staff was SUPER. They cared, we had good dialogue, but the owner has some work to do. Breakfast was ok. For same price I stayed in a Holiday Inn in Latin Quarter with view of Eiffel, with "better" room amenities though no breakfast. And it had a lift and rooftop-patio.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 April 2011

I have lived in Paris for a few years, and it happened to go back for a couple of nights during a very long trip, so I searched for not very expensive options, a small hotel with good value and in a good location. This is difficult as sometimes you can end up in a horrible and dirty place, but I had the chance to know somebody who could recommend the hotel, so I booked myself a room.

The location is fantastic, once you know Paris and you don't want to stay downtown. My former residence was in the XVI district, so being in Neuilly was also like being back home. It takes nothing by car to get into central busy Paris, it is relatively easy to park during night-time or the weekends, and it is quiet and safe. Metro "Les Sablons" is 3 minutes walking, directly connected to Champs Elysées.

The hotel is nice, small house, French style with narrow corridors and narrow doors, small rooms all over. It is in good shape, it all looks good.

The room was ok, not really big, but fine. Bed, however, was two single mattresses together, making it not very comfortable if you like to sleep in the middle. Aircon very silent, to my surprise. Amenities in room limited, but ok. The bathroom was not bad, it also included average toilettries that I didn't really used as I had my own from samples I was given at the airport.

Breakfast good, with nice Nespresso coffee and good croissants, French tradition.

Staff efficient and polite.

Internet connection was poor, however, not always working, but I think they are fixing it by moving to a different supplier, which will be good.

Overall, a nice sleep and a nice breakfast, for a good rate (considering the rates in Paris). This may not be Bristol or Crillon, but neither it is " Pension Dupont * " and it feels in good shape, with a lovely setting for breakfast. I recommend this place for anybody who is OK for sleeping outside Paris.

Room Tip: There is a nice brasserie open late close by....
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 April 2011

I would have written a much more positive review but for some small but annoying issues. The hotel has been renovated since my last visit (3-4 years ago) and it is a great improvement. I booked a deluxe room on a special corporate tariff, but was upgraded to a deluxe superior room, on the top floor of the main building. According to the floor plan, these are the biggest rooms in the building, but with the space carved out for the bathroom and wardrobe area, they are not big, especially not by US standards, but that's very typical for Paris.

The room itself was nicely furnished, though not well laid out. The desk was tiny, fortunately I also have a tiny laptop. Unfortunately there are no power points near the desk, so it's a real stretch to plug your laptop in. The bathroom was huge, with an oversized free-standing tub. Nice to relax in, but the handheld shower head is both impractical and messy.

My biggest problem with this place is the wifi service. Granted it's cheap (EUR15 for 3 days, they gave it to me for EUR5 for one night) but you still expect it to work. The connection was maddeningly slow and frequently dropped out. I tried to connect on my iPad, unfortunately it wouldn't allow me to connect 2 devices at the same time, and in any case it was no better on the iPad. The front desk man blamed it on the wifi company, but please - Paris has hundreds of hotels in this price range, and most of them manage to supply a basic service like this with no problem. Add to this the face that the TV reception was very poor on most channels, and you have a serious lack of in-room entertainment options. No pay per view film channels and only around 3 non-French channels that worked. Breakfast was limited but adequate.

Overall, this would be a nice place to stay for a tourist who wants to be slightly away from the bustle of central Paris, but for the business traveller it's just not good enough. Annoyingly, these are minor issues with the soft product which could be easily remedied if anyone could be bothered.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank kevlondon
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 February 2011

A quiet little hotel tucked away in the beautiful district of Neully. This is our go to hotel when we come to Paris. I personally love the area of Neuilly, its very charming and its a little step away from the grand attractions in the city centre (even though the arc de triumph is in walking distance). The hotel have very french trendy rooms and interior design (i love the black stone bath rooms!), and remember to take a peek in their lounge which looks like a drawing room out of an interior design coffee table book. They have a beautiful picture perfect garden where we always take a coffee or two in the morning before setting out, and the staff are all very nice and helpful. The only advice I will give to the hotel is that they should make their Wifi free - you do need to pay 15 euros for 3 days of wifi, which is not that bad if you are staying there for 3 days, but I did find it a bit annoying when I was staying there for one night or 4 nights. That said, we do always find the hotel to be fantastic value, and I am a regular.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
London
Reviewed 30 December 2010

I chose this hotel for two reason. The first was the location, as it was perfect for visiting the relatives we had come to Paris to visit. The second was the ability to have my teenage son sleep in the same room as us. A number of other chic, boutique hotels, all significantly more expensive, all told me they didn't accept 3 sleepers in a room and one (with nearly 80 rooms) said they had one roll-out and it was already in use! Le Jardin de Neuilly offered us a number of options, and as it was Christmas, prices were reduced so we went for the largest room. Our room was more than adequate, comfortably large and well furnished, with a new and modern, if small, bathroom. The room overlooked a courtyard garden and was very quiet, and with the comfortable beds, we had an excellent night's sleep. Staff were uniformly helpful and welcoming, not a universal experience in Paris, and breakfast, served in our room, was excellent. Overall, a good experience, and we will return.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Neuilly-sur-Seine
Hotel Paris Neuilly
Le Bon Hotel
#8 of 8 in Neuilly-sur-Seine
Crowne Plaza Paris - Neuilly
#1 of 8 in Neuilly-sur-Seine

Been to Jardin de Neuilly? Share your experiences!