“Good hotel - unless you want to sleep”

Crowne Plaza Paris - Neuilly
Nottingham
“Good hotel - unless you want to sleep”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

The standard of the hotel is good, however it was completely overshadowed by the fact that a large party of adolescents were also staying and the noise they created running and screaming through the hotel during the early hours, was unacceptable. Whilst security had to be called, I find it difficult to understand why the hotel staff were seemingly unaware of this mayhem despite the extent of it, as earlier the same guests had been doing aerobatics through the reception area. Not what I expected of an otherwise good hotel.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Andy-hogan
MovenpickHotel, Manager at Crowne Plaza Paris - Neuilly, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear Andy-hogan:

Thank you very much for taking the time to share on Tripadvisor your impressions on your recent visit with us.

I am sorry to read that the noise disturbance has detracted what seemed a memorable moment with us. Please accept my sincere apologies for this shortcoming and rest assured that we will take the necessary steps to prevent such a situation to reoccur.

I trust we will have the pleasure to welcoming you back and offsetting this inconvenience.

Duty Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Had a great opportunity to do a stop over in Paris and stayed at Moevenpick Neuilly. This chain is not one I was familiar with so was able to sample a new brand. The hotel is modern and well designed. For the location it is in a residential area south of the city. The rooms were decent size, amenities all there and the beds were very comfortable. The small breakfast room had standard selections of offerings.

If you are looking for a hotel in a quiet area, this would work for you. There is not much around it, including only a few restaurants (casual) within walking distance. For sightseeing we took a taxi to the Eiffel Tower area and it was around 15 euros with tip. To get to Champs Elyesee was around 10 euros. Not really walkable to any attractions.

The hotel rated well except for a very slow check-in, check-out process from unenthusiastic front desk workers. Other employees and staff were attentive and made us feel welcome. The hotel has excellent outdoor space on the property which makes it unique, and a reason why you might want to stay at a hotel like this outside of the busy city.

As a business traveler, internet connections are important to me and they have a small business center area with computers and complimentary internet 24/7 - but it is wired internet only to their computers. Wireless internet is on premises and they charge hourly or daily to use it.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
MovenpickHotel, Manager at Crowne Plaza Paris - Neuilly, responded to this review, 21 June 2014
Dear STEVENSNY

First of all, I would like to thank you for choosing the Mövenpick Hotel Paris Neuilly for your recent stay and for taking the time to share your comments and feedbacks on Tripadvisor.

I am very happy to know that you like the modern style of our Hotel, our new comfortable mattresses and the quiet area.

Regrettably I noticed that the speed of your check-in and out did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. I can assure you that our team at the front desk is always giving 100% to provide our guests an excellent service, also during rush hours. I have already shared your impression with the Front Office Manager, and he thank you for that.

Regarding your comment about the internet, we provide for our guests a very secure Wi-Fi connection which is for this reason billable. However I would like to inform you, that we offer generously the access to free PCs in the business center and free Wi-Fi in the Premium room, Junior Suite and Suite.

Please do not hesitate to check out our website for more details on free Wi-Fi.

We appreciate your sharing your concerns, and we are looking to welcome you back very soon at the Mövenpcik Hotel Paris Neuilly.

Please do accept my warmest regards.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Beautiful hotel! Modern & very clean everywhere. It was leisure trip and I'd say that the hotel would best suit business travelers.
I'd like to commend Lyetta from guest relation, she is amazing, very helpful & friendly:)

On the other hand, laundry service is very expensive, we sent few clothes and was charged EUR 194.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Eve G
Dear EVE G

First of all, thank you for your stay at the Mövenpick Hotel Paris Neuilly and taking the time to share your experiences with us.

We truly appreciated all the comments and feedback you have given us.
We are very glad to hear that you had a great stay among us and that you appreciated the style and the cleanness of our hotel and the friendly team. Especially we are happy to read that Lyetta from the guest relation was ‘amazing’. This makes us
Regarding the laundry service I would to inform you that you can find is in each closet a price list for different clothes what you need to fill for each item. The price list is in comparison to other four stars Hotel in Paris regular. Please do not hesitate to contact the housekeeping next time for help, if you want to know the cost in advanced or for other information.

We look forward to welcoming you back in Paris very soon!

Wollongong
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

Hotel looks a bit drab on the outside but is very fresh and modern inside. Apparently they have recently undergone a renovation, our 1st floor room looked new & spotless. Full compliment of toiletries supplied and a full set of luxury towelling inc. face washers. In room safe, iron & board in room. No mini bar fridge. Very comfortable king bed, looked & felt new. A real 4 star hotel. Restaurant not used. Reception friendly & efficient, though a little understaffed. Secure luggage room & porters worked well. The big problem was not revealed until about 2 am when we were woken by a constant, intrusive, low frequency noise from some electrical motor somewhere outside the room. It was not the in room air con (quiet), it may have been air ducting or something in the bar directly below us. We realised that it had been there on retiring but only became obvious once most ambient noise has ceased. Ear plugs were deployed to try and block the sound which was still persisting at 8:00 am. Hot breakfast of bacon, mini sausages, grilled tomato & scrambled eggs was OK. Muesli (2 types) both had chocolate chips in them, yuck! Fresh fruit & juices, yoghurt, breads etc were OK, no Espresso coffee. It was reported that a woman had her bag stolen while waiting in the foyer! If true, it just shows that constant awareness is needed no matter how smart the hotel or area.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank RetireeBob
MovenpickHotel, Manager at Crowne Plaza Paris - Neuilly, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear RetireeBob,

First of all, I thank you for choosing the Mövenpick Hotel Paris Neuilly for your recent stay and for taking the time to share your comments and feedbacks.

I am pleased to read that you appreciated our location, the design of our hotel, our newly renovated rooms with its luxury products, our breakfast and our staff.

For the minibar, we have a Mövenpick Market just next to the reception. We decided to provide a full range of products for our customers who wanted more diversity in the minibar. That’s why we have created the Mövenpick Market, where you can find hot and cold drinks, fruit salads, yogurts, sandwiches, Mövenpick ice-creams and chocolates etc. A full minibar is available in the Premium Room, Junior Suite and Suite.

However, I am deeply sorry that you had been disappointed and I like to assure you I have related all your comments regarding the noise to the engineering manager. We try to give a maximum of comfort and tranquility to our guests, and I am sorry we were unable to do it during your stay with us. We constantly work to improve the quality of customer service and know that we do take comments such as yours very seriously.

Warmest regards,

Melbourne
Reviewed 3 June 2014

All the bells and whistles here. Rooms first class. Reception need more staff. While waiting for correct room, after coming across the world, took Coke from drink fridge at reception. 5 Euros. WiFi a complete rip off at $12 per day. Hello!
Don,t spoil a good thing.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a Queen or King Bed if solo or you could get a single. There is also an exce...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Dear MelbourneSally,

First of all, I would like to thank you for having chosen the Mövenpick Hotel Paris Neuilly for your stay and for sharing your opinion on TripAdvisor.

I am pleased to read that our new rooms met your expectations.
However, I feel very sorry to read that the hotel standards did not fully meet your expectations. I am deeply sorry that you had been disappointed to this extend and please let my express my sincerest apologies. I like to assure you I have related all your comments to the general manager.

We try to give a maximum of comfort and tranquility to our guests, and I am sorry we were unable to do it during this stay with us. Our aim is to satisfy all your needs, and to ensure that your stay will remain a most memorable experience. I sincerely hope that this experience will not deter your loyalty in our company.

Until the pleasure to read from you, please do accept my warmest regards.

Duty Manager.
Puget Theniers, France
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Lovely hotel especially after the refurb. I have been using this hotel for business over the last 4 years. Conference rooms are very good.
The rooms are well appointed and quiet, if you want a good view then ask for a high floor looking out.
The restaurant is great for both lunch and dinner as the bar is good for a quick lunch.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear Geordieniel,

I would like to thank you for choosing the Mövenpick Hotel Paris Neuilly for your stay and for taking time to share your comments and feedbacks on TripAdvisor.
I am very pleased to read that our hotel met your expectations and that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Please know that we do take comments such as yours very seriously, and that we constantly work to improve the quality of customer service.
I hope welcoming you soon at the Mövenpick Hotel of Paris.

Yours truly,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Only 5 minutes away from the nearest metro station, this is a perfect oasis in Paris. Great service, superb breakfast spread and perfectly cooked meals! Rooms are clean and comfortable, I will definitely recommend this to anyone wanting a memorable stay in paris.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
MovenpickHotel, Manager at Crowne Plaza Paris - Neuilly, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear Anon A

First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with us on Tripadvisor.

We are happy to hear that you compare the Mövenpick Paris Neuilly with a ‘perfect oasis’ and that our new renovated rooms, as the quality of our restaurant and service meet your expectations.

The entire hotel team remains at your disposal, do not hesitate to contact us if we can do anything for you.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Duty Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Neuilly-sur-Seine
Hotel Paris Neuilly
Mercure Paris Levallois Perret
#3 of 14 in Levallois-Perret
Hotel de la Jatte
#5 of 8 in Neuilly-sur-Seine

Been to Crowne Plaza Paris - Neuilly? Share your experiences!