“average. far from a real Swiss chalet” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Le Chalet de Neuilly

Le Chalet de Neuilly
Reserve with
Le Chalet de Neuilly is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: French, Swiss, European
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Paris, France
“average. far from a real Swiss chalet”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2013

I took the fondue with the charcuterie plate. fondue OK but poor charcuterie. the minimum you can expect. the wine wasn't very good. the sauvignon was too old and close the white port. the dessert was poorly cooked. the sabayon heated at a micro wave was partially warm. the sevice very poor. I had to wait 15 mn to get my bill. couple of waiters hit each others. a bad day for the staff and the customers sitting arround. Well for me less that expected for a restaurant in Neuilly and his very snobish clients.

• Visited February 2013

Toronto, Canada
“Excellent fondue experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2012

Went to this restaurant with my wife based on a recommendation from the concierge. It was packed full when we arrived, so the owner offered us a makeshift table by the bar if we "really had to eat here tonight". We agreed, and the table was set up quickly. It was small, but cozy and not cramped. He even brought us some complimentary drinks for the inconvenience. I ordered the fondue menu (set meal) with a cured meat plate starter, cheese fondue main, and choice of dessert. The cured meats were delicious, I haven't had salami this good in a long while. The cheese fondue and bread combination were absolutely delicious, and the portion was astounding. My wife ordered the other set meal with ravioli to start, sliced duck, and choice of dessert. The ravioli were small and cute, and tasted quite good. The duck was sliced and cooked medium rare, with a good flavour and texture, atop fried potato wedges and a delicious gravy-like sauce. Both of us were stuffed after the main course that we didn't have room for dessert, but since it was included in the set meal we got some simple ice cream dishes which were excellent as well. Overall, excellent food, great value, interesting atmosphere, and you'll be stuffed to the gills when you leave. After we placed our orders, we saw other tables getting these huge wedges of cheese under an odd contraption. This I later learned is a raclette. Had I known this earlier, this is definitely what I would have ordered instead since it looks like so much fun to eat.

• Visited December 2012
Berkeley, California
“Please Don't Serve Me Frozen Food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2012

We tried Le Chalet last night on the recommendation of a friend. Too bad we didn't take her recommendation on what to order! Evidently the cote de boeuf with frites for two is great, and a good deal for 46 euro. Neither of us felt like a big steak so I ended up ordering a frisee salad with lardon and the t-bone of veal with potatoes and haricot vert. There was a few grains of sand in the frisee, the lardon were underdone, the egg was not brought back to temperature, and the overall salad was underdressed and a bit watery. There was not a bit of pink left in the veal, the sauce was gluey, and the haricot were overdone and desiccated. No wonder. The plate had obviously been under the heat lamp for quite a while. And the wedge potatoes? They were straight from the freezer. My husband also had the frisee salad, and he enjoyed it more than I did. He ordered the ravioli with tomatoes and prawns. The ravioli were good but not great, and unfortunately obviously not house made. The five large prawns were seasoned and cooked well, as were the fresh cherry tomatoes. I should also mention that we were seated in the back room, which was very warm, and very smoky due to people letting their raclette cheese burn. The chalet theme was cute though, and the place was packed. Perhaps we'll give it another chance and try the recommended cote de boeuf with frites when we're in the mood for red meat. We know that won't be frozen!

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank ParisReally
Paris, France
“Like having Mom in the kitchen, fixing your favorite food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2012

I LOVE salmon, vegetables and french fries and Le Chalet is the one place I know where I can get them made like my Mom used to make! Delicious, succulent salmon and vegetables cooked in garlic and butter. Crunchy french fries... perfectly cooked to order. In fact I have enjoyed anything I've ever ordered from the menu. I took a friend last week. She ordered the frisse-lardon salad and loved it so much that she ordered another one to take home! Merci to owner Cyril and his staff of friendly folks for always making us feel so welcome and making Le Chalet my neighborhood favorite!

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“Charmante”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2012 via mobile

Top for a good fondue and raclette, in Paris. A must if you fancy having a nice dinner with friends or your half. Best booking in advance, is always full of people