“Fixed my terrible experience at "Hereux comme Alexandre"...”

Le Chalet de Neuilly
Reserve with
Le Chalet de Neuilly is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 2 November 2013

Do you remember what I said about that TERRIBLE ATTENTION at "Hereux Comme Alexandre"? OK... You can stay in France, but still outside Paris... This "Chalet" is charming and was a great recommendation from my Parisian friend.

Avoid Paris traps like "Hereux comme Alexandre" and several other Bistros that should be closed forever. Ask for your friends before spend a LOT of euros with stupid "waiters" that should never receive my "tips already included" in the bill.

Book this "Chalet" and have a nice diner with your friends.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

Our experience was absolutely fabulous! After having a rough start in Paris (Air France lost our luggage for 2 days), the staff at Le Chelet made us feel at home. Our hotel concierge recommended this place and he was spot on! The atmosphere was delightful and food unforgettable. This will be an experience we will never forget!
P. S.
The cheese fondue was out of the world!!!

Reviewed 3 February 2013

Themed on Skiing chalet model, hence fondue and raclette specialities. Went for lunch, service adequate but not special. Had steak tartare which was tasty and well made. Others had fish. No one raved about their meal hence the adequate comments. Dessert was chocolate mousse and again good but not special.

Place was packed (Thursday lunchtime) so they must be doing something right - probably value/price plus unusual dishes.

If you like fondue or raclette then give it a go, otherwise you can find better French restaurants for lunch for the same price (€90 for 5)

Reviewed 2 February 2013

I took the fondue with the charcuterie plate. fondue OK but poor charcuterie. the minimum you can expect. the wine wasn't very good. the sauvignon was too old and close the white port. the dessert was poorly cooked. the sabayon heated at a micro wave was partially warm. the sevice very poor. I had to wait 15 mn to get my bill. couple of waiters hit each others. a bad day for the staff and the customers sitting arround. Well for me less that expected for a restaurant in Neuilly and his very snobish clients.

Reviewed 14 December 2012

Went to this restaurant with my wife based on a recommendation from the concierge. It was packed full when we arrived, so the owner offered us a makeshift table by the bar if we "really had to eat here tonight". We agreed, and the table was set up quickly. It was small, but cozy and not cramped. He even brought us some complimentary drinks for the inconvenience. I ordered the fondue menu (set meal) with a cured meat plate starter, cheese fondue main, and choice of dessert. The cured meats were delicious, I haven't had salami this good in a long while. The cheese fondue and bread combination were absolutely delicious, and the portion was astounding. My wife ordered the other set meal with ravioli to start, sliced duck, and choice of dessert. The ravioli were small and cute, and tasted quite good. The duck was sliced and cooked medium rare, with a good flavour and texture, atop fried potato wedges and a delicious gravy-like sauce. Both of us were stuffed after the main course that we didn't have room for dessert, but since it was included in the set meal we got some simple ice cream dishes which were excellent as well. Overall, excellent food, great value, interesting atmosphere, and you'll be stuffed to the gills when you leave. After we placed our orders, we saw other tables getting these huge wedges of cheese under an odd contraption. This I later learned is a raclette. Had I known this earlier, this is definitely what I would have ordered instead since it looks like so much fun to eat.