“Paris weekend” 4 of 5 bubbles

Holiday Inn Paris Marne La Vallee
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Noisy-le-Grand
“Paris weekend”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

Stayed here for the weekend with family , nice hotel with breakfast , hotel Is walking distance to a mall and rer train station with 25 min commute to Paris and 15 mins to Disney , restaurants nearby and a halal chicken shop behind hotel near lakeside. secured parking as well for a fee 12 euros a night ,yassine at reception was really helpfull and the rest of the staff were excellent

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Zu7
Management G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Paris Marne La Vallee, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Dear Zu7,

First of all thank you for making the time to write such a nice review on Trip Advisor for fellow travellers!

I am sure yassine will be very happy to read your commend and we are always happy when some of our associates go beyond the call of duty to ensure our guests have a great experience.
I am pleased to read that you enjoyed our property and what the surroundings have to offer. We are ideally located indeed and the vicinity of the shopping mall is truly an asset.
May I wish you many happy returns,

Best regards,
yves.wencker@hiparismlv.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Kent, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights around a month ago. The reason we chose this hotel was because it was just past halfway between central Paris and Disneyland. It was great because the RER is literally just accross the street. The Black-French receptionist was extremely helpful when we were asking her advice on where to go, how to get there and told us which way would be cheapest etc etc. They had made sure to put us all (8 people 4 rooms) on the same floor which was really nice of them. Also, they allowed us to print off 8 sheets of paper (our Disneyland tickets) for free and their English is very good. The hotel itself is really nice for the price that you pay. The lobby was pretty and there was an outdoor seating area in the middle. There is also a piano near the back which we made use of. The bathrooms were nice in that the showers were powerful and had temperature control. We had some little problems such as that the room I was staying in was meant to be non-smoking but had obviously been used for smoking. However, we left the window open when we went out and the smell had pretty much gone by the time we returned. Also, the air conditioning can't be controlled. The breakfast is continental and 16 euros but we just ate out because we wanted warm food. There is a nice Chinese restaurant around the corner where we ate on the first night. Overall, a really pleasant time and will use again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank prekshaali
Management G, Directeur général at Holiday Inn Paris Marne La Vallee, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Dear Prekshaali,

Many thanks for your great review about our property, always nice to read positive reviews!

Thank you for your kind note about one of our receptionist(name?), I am sure she will be happy to be mentioned.
The hotel is ideally located indeed, easy access to the RER and within minutes in Paris or at Eurodisney.
I was sorry to read you smelled smoke and I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused.
All our rooms are strictly NON smoking, unfortunately some guests choose to ignore the sign and the warnings...which does make the fire alarm bells ring sometimes!

Please feel free to contact me personally next time you choose to visit so I can take care of your arrangements.

yves.wencker@hiparismlv.com
Venice, Italy
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

A hotel in Paris, at a decent price, is a real luck of the draw. This hotel is well placed, on the A RER line, 20 minutes from Gare de Lyon. People at Reception are friendly. I had a problem with my reservation - I had booked for the wrong day! - but they found a solution swiftly. The room was fine, with a nice bathroom, looking very new and clean. What was less successful was the noise insulation. My windows gave on the main road and, although firmly closed, still let quite a bit of noise get through. A little deceiving. I did not take breakfast, so have nothing to say about it.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Dear 262Laura60,

Thank you for making the time to write a great review about our hotel.

You are right, this hotel is ideally located and I wish more people would know about it!!!

Thank you for your kind note about the friendliness of our staff, I am sure they will be happy to read your comments!

I was sorry to read you heard noise from the street, since we were not full at the time I am sure we could have moved you to a quieter room in the building.
Kindly let me know next time you come around and I will be happy to ensure you do not get a room directly on the main street.

Thank you again and I wish you many happy returns.

Yves.wencker@hiparismlv.com
Netanya, Israel
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

I had to be in Paris for business, but all hotels were fully booked due to some exhibitions.
Therefore I decided to book a room in this hotel, which I remembered from a last stay as a good one.
This time I found a friendly guy at the reception but the unfriendly young lady who was at the reception as well , refused to go out and show me where the parking was.
The location of the hotel is good, as I was able to go to the nearby Carrefour and get some stuff for dinner and breakfast. The breakfast is extremely expensive - 16 Euro.
The hotel is very big, and what they call an executive room in floor 6 is nothing to write hoe about.
In short, I'll stay there only if I have no other choice - this stay didn't make feel like returning to this hotel.again

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank boazweiss
Dear Haimboaz,

Thank you for writing a review about our hotel. I was sorry to read you were not as satisfied as during your previous stay. Re. The unfriendly person you met at the reception can I ask you to kindly drop me a note or I can also call you. My email yves.wencker@hiparismlv.com
I apologize for the shortcomings you experienced, there are unfortunately still differences in our room inventory. We work on resolving these issues and upgrade the property in the coming months and I would be happy to personally take care of your next booking and ensure you have a wonderful stay.
Re. Breakfast, I have not seen your rate conditions but if you book on IHG and are an IHG Rewards member(if not enrolled I can only insist you do become a member) your rate does include breakfast and it is usually a full buffet. Alternatively we also have an Express Formula with French pastries, coffee, tea at the bar next to the breakfast room at 7 Euros.

I look forward to welcoming you back.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

The hotel was 30 mins by train to the Paris city and approximately 20 Mins to disneyland in opposite direction. Therefore the location was excellent for the price paid in Paris. The metro station was stone's throw away from the hotel. Breakfast was average. The rooms were nice and tidy and the hotel staff was very fluent in English. I liked the idea of the commode being separate from the shower and sink, really helps when travelling with family. However you must take the rooms facing the small pond as the rooms on the back side do not have any view. There were no direct connections from the hotel to the airport by bus.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Pbhaven P
Management G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Paris Marne La Vallee, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Dear PbHaven P,

Thank you for your nice review about our property and that you were satisfied overall with your stay.
We are indeed in a good location, half way between Paris and Eurodisney only 4 stops away by train.
I noticed you were not totally satisfied about our breakfast, although it is rather complete and included in most of our rates. I would welcome more details at your earliest convenience if you wouldn't mind sharing? email: yves.wencker@hiparismlv.com
In regards to airport access, we are 30 minutes away from Orly or Charles de Gaulle airport by car or 1 hour by train from the hotel to Charles de Gaulle airport.
We look forward to having you back!

Munich, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014

We visited Disneyland Paris November 2013-and we stayed in Holiday Inn Marne la Vallee 3 days 2 nights. Nice Hotel,buffet breakfast was sooo good, Friendly staff, Nice Room, Comfy bed,toilet w/ bathtub. We palnning to stay again when we visit Paris..

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
PATRICIA A, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Paris Marne La Vallee, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback about our hotel. It is truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our team’s efforts and takes the time to write a comment.

It is nice to see that you enjoyed the hotel and the buffet breakfast. We are regularly working on the buffet display and on the selection of food proposed.

As we continually strive for excellence in customer service, we maintain the ideal of keeping guest satisfaction as our top priority. It is encouraging to see that the staff behaviour met your expectations.
Be sure that this comment will be shared with the appropriate persons.

Thanks again for your time and we do hope to welcome you again in our hotel.

Kind Regards

Patricia
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

This hotel has a very good location, around 25min from Disneyland Paris and 30min from Paris (by RER). The hotel is located steps away from Noisy-le-grand Mont D'est (RER station), and this is truly great. The proximity to the station was basically my criteria to keep this hotel as average. The staff was nice, but the reception looked understaffed as many times I needed to wait for several minutes to have their assistance. Two things were really bad: the bathroom and the air conditioning. The bathroom was in a very bad shape, and need urgent maintenance. This was not particular to my room as I booked two and I saw the same problem in both rooms. The air conditioning is basically a joke: there is a control in the room, but it's worthless as only the reception has the ability to control it. I don't know if there are other options in the same region, so I'll recommend the hotel for those who are not so demanding in quality. I think the daily rates are way too expensive to what you get back.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
PATRICIA A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Paris Marne La Vallee, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Dear Ricardo,

My name is Yves Wencker, I am the general manager of holiday Inn Marne la Vallée.
I have read your comment with great attention and I can only offer your our most sincere apologies for the poor experience you have had.

Please allow me to answer your various points in great detail.

Re. the staffing levels at the front desk we were a 100% full over the period you stayed in our hotel and peak periods are always an issue under such circumstances and I am terribly sorry for the waiting time you had to incur.
Re. the air conditioning, your are absolutely right and I can only apologise for this situation. Unfortunately this property is 30 years old and we are looking at ways of upgrading the energy supplies and air conditioning system to allow guests to be able to have HOT or COLD air at any given time. Unfortunately I have no immediate solution to this problem especially in between seasons where the weather is hot during day time and still cool at night.Rest assured we are trying our best.
Re. the bathrooms. Unless you can call me at the hotel and share with me in more detail room number etc. I will be able to investigate further.
It may well be that you were in a non refurbished bathroom and I am sorry about that.
To make a long story short the ownership of the hotel changed recently and one of our current work in progress is to refurbish the bathrooms on the two floors that were never completed 3 years ago.
On a last note I think we are in a great location, 4 RER stops from Marne la Vallée and as such our rates are great value for money and within the existing local market.

I do remain at your disposal for any further comments you may wish to share and would be happy to assist you with any furture booking in one of our hotels.

Best regards,
Y. Wencker
Also consider these accommodations in or near Noisy-le-Grand
Novotel Marne La Vallee Noisy
#4 of 6 in Noisy-le-Grand
Hotel l'Elysee Val d'Europe
Novotel Marne La Vallee Collegien
Radisson Blu Hotel at Disneyland Paris

Been to Holiday Inn Paris Marne La Vallee? Share your experiences!