Canal Suites (Suite Home)
US$117
Agoda.com
US$170
US$160
US$85
Au Boeuf Couronne Hotel(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$131
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsgood sizehochestationmetrocanalconcertsupermarketlinebakery
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 August 2011

Ok, the bathroom needs renovation. But the foldable sofa/bed is an excellent bed. The rooms are clean an spacy. Staff at the desk and both in the breakfastroom is friendly. The bar was without milk and we asked the waitress for new milk, she filled up the can and came to our table to tell us that the milk was refilled. The breakfast buffet has enough variaty to have a long and tasteful breakfast. The location is not excellent, the enviroment feels a bit awkward but afterall we got back to the hotel safely three nights in a row :-)

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank Deflam
Reviewed 27 July 2011

Suite Home is an excellent option if you're visiting Paris with your family or are planning a long stay.
The room is quite spacious (don't forget you're in Paris) and has a kitchenette where you can easily prepare a meal.
It's close to the metro and walking distance to the park La Villette.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank cmcs13
Reviewed 8 June 2011

First trip to Paris for myself and my 15yr old daughter so I dont have any other Paris hotel to compare it with, however I did read lots of reviews on other hotels as I was planning the trip. As I read I often wondered about the people giving the reviews and their expectations. I would say we are average working class, cannot afford luxury but wanted to avoid anything very low budget. This hotel was just that, light and airy, nice and clean, we had a 2 person studio, it was small but not tiny, the sofa beds were ready made up and clean, behind 2 louvre doors that at first glance I took to be the wardrobe was a fridge,hob,microwave,sink and all the utensils that went with them,to the side was the kettle and a couple of tea-bags,coffee satchets etc that were replenished daily as were the bathroom towels. The bathroom with toilet,bath and shower was a decent size also very clean complete with a hairdryer, nice big mirror and some little complementry soaps etc. The room had a TV and I think a CD player but we didnt need them, a bit of hanging space and shelving for clothes, this room had everything we needed and was very pleasent.
Breakfast was in with my price and was served from 06.30 till 10.00. It was buffet type and as far as I am aware they never ran out of anything, cereals,scrambled egg,sausages,croissants and bread and jams etc, coffee, teas and fruit juices. Everything I tried was nice and I have no complaints with this either.
There was lifts to all floors, the reception area had comfy seats and a couple of vending machines and a PC for guests to use for free and also free wi-fi.
The few other guests we spoke to-English,Dutch and Greek all seemed perfectly happy with this hotel also.
I paid approx £156 for 3nights for our room inc.breakfast and I'd say it was well worth that.
Hoche metro stop is 5 mins walk from the hotel but hasnt much other than cafes a few shops and a street market on a sunday morning. Once you get your head around it the metro system is great-gets you everywhere and unless you're a family with a lot of kids isnt that expensive-1 journey = 1 euro 70. even if you have to change trains, the metro staff are really helpfull too. I would definately go here again.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Lynnilly
Reviewed 3 May 2011

Stayed here with my partner and his cousins. The hotel was fine, the staff generally really nice and it was comfortable and clean.

The reviews about the area seem quite exaggerated, although it isn't the nicest area ever, it isn't the worst at all! In the daytime your absolutely fine, but at night it may seem daunting, but there weren't any troubles at all!

The worst thing about this hotel is it is far away, so I suggest you check out what you wanna see in Paris and ensure that you are within easy reach. For us as a group of youngish people, we wanted nightlife, and there isn't really any. There are a few restaurants within easy reach serving okish food, but I don't think the 2 bars nearby would really welcome travellers. For staying out late the hotel is just too far out unless you want to spend a fortune on taxis. Though the metro station is within a 5 minute walk.

Breakfast was good for me, I don't really eat breakfast normally anyway, so French pastries are a welcome treat! There was a choice of cereals, some cheese and ham, eggs and sausages, tea coffee and juice, and it's fine for what most people want!

The only reason I would not recommend this hotel is because of its location. I didn't feel particularly unsafe, but it's just too far from the centre. If there was something going on nearby at Parc de la villette or the Music arena, I would definitely recommend it, but for seeing the sites and going out, this aint it!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Grumpatron85
Reviewed 10 February 2011

We were visiting Paris for a festival which meant we stayed from a Friday till a Monday and went out in the mid morning and came back in in the early hours.

Other reviews have mentioned it is in a rough area of Paris. I would say it is a little run down but not a particularly bad area, with other hotels and businesses in the vicinity. I personally did not feel threatened at all during my stay there. However we travelled there by car and came and went from the hotels secure underground car park. There is a high street around the corner where you can by the usual groceries clothes etc. but if you are looking for designer outlets this is not the place to shop. It is for the locals. There is also alot of building work in the immediate area which makes the road layouts a little confusing however the hotel itself is extremely well soundproofed and although our 8th floor room overlooked a major building site (albeit with a view of the Eifel Tower) we did not experience any disturbed sleep.

On arrival we drove down to the second floor of the secure underground car park (10 Euros/night). With hindsight we should have dropped our luggage off at the reception area first as there is no elevator up to the hotel. This meant struggling up narrow steps two floors to get to reception. The reception staff were friendly and as in everywhere in France, appreciated any attempt to speak French.

The elevators to the rooms were secured by your keycard
The Rooms themselves were more than I expected from a 3 star Parisian hotel. They were very clean, with free wifi , flatscreen tv, and an excellent kitchenette complete with toaster, microwave, hob, fridge, cooking utensils, cutlery plates bowls etc. - all you could need and perfect for self catering. The kitchenette was extermely clean also. With the shops around the corner we made use of it for snacks and warming croissants for breakfast. In fact there is a vending machine in reception as well that sells microwaveable meals. The bed was a fold down sofa bed but was perfectly comfortable. The bathroom had a hairdryer.

The only downsides I found were there were no elevators from the garage (mentioned previously) and the shower screen over the bath did not really prevent water from spraying over the rest of the bathroom whilst taking a shower. There was no iron in the room either (fortunately we took our own).

I would definitely use this hotel again

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple