“we will not go there again!!!”

Campanile Paris Est - Pantin
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Pantin
Reviewed 19 February 2014

we were with a group so the hotel is not our choice. pantin is not a safety place of Paris, late times of the night you shouldn't go out. while we are walking lots of man tried to tell us something, they wanted money or cigarettes. French breaksfast!!! is there any breakfast there?!! There was nothing to eat. first day the room was OK but the other days they just made the bed and they put dirty towels..! :/ we visited 5 different cities and 5 diffrent hotels, this is the worst bed that we couldn't sleep.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank FethiyeElvan

Reviewed 23 November 2013

Short version:
Business trip, I needed a hotel close to subway - this hotel is very close to subway
BUT
1. WiFi not working
2. No heating in the rooms, ventilation not working when outside was freezing

Room Tip: Don't get this hotel. Internet was working from time to time only in lobby, in the rooms there w...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Campanile.com - Louvre Hotels Group
4  Thank Ionut B
Reviewed 29 October 2013 via mobile

Our room is spacious however the window does not open...

We asked the conceirge that the aircon is not working and we were told that since its autumn there was no aircon. However prior to my arrival i asked if there is aircon in the room and i was advised there was. We asked to be transferred to another room however they are already fully booked and we cant be transferred.

I was quite disappointed in the fact that they didn't even try to assist their customer's needs. They should have offered us fan since not all body temperature are the same. Most importantly the window doesnt open!

Oh my... Im quite scared with the neighborhood however maybe im just not used to it. Specially at night...

One thing i like probably....
The location of the hotel is very near the Hoche station. Which is interconnected with other lines.

Reviewed 9 October 2013

I made a booking for this hotel , the website stated that I would pay for the room on arrival . When I arrived I was told that my card was declined and that I had to pay for the room , I was confused as I have money in my bank acount but also at the fact that the website said u pay on arrival , I then called my bank infront of Julie the manager ,my bank gave exact times and amounts of what I was charged Julie then told my bank manager that she can't listen to anything he says as it's some strange foreign bank (HSBC) , I asume Julie doesn't watch tv or know anything about the biggest bank in the world .. Anyways after Julie made me look like some common criminal she finally gave me my room . The room was clean and was ok for the price , I arrived Friday morning on the Sunday I asked Julie if I could have another towel she replied that I was given a towel on Friday I then responded so I have to use the same towel for my 4 night stay and she said yes and hissed at me . All the other staff were fine just Julie who has the stuck up miserable attitude , Julie if u read this you need to find a new profession because hospitality is not for you darling

5  Thank Naesfloristplc
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Planned a weekend away in Paris with friends - we made our reservations via booking.com who were explicit in informing us that payment was to be made in person upon arrival at the hotel.

Upon checking in, both myself & another guest had issues with payment. The other guest had money removed from her account twice on the day before she arrived & the assistant general manager, Julie, who was manning the desk, demanded that she paid cash before being allocated a room!?! She claimed to have no records of the payment being made.

I too had the same issues, but this time Julie said that my booking was pre-paid at the time of the booking being made. I challenged her as to why I was then charged the day before my arrival - & she had no answer. I too was forced to pay cash before being given a room.

Julie was rude, unhelpful & smug & as in all cases, she just happened to be the most senior person in charge.

It's disgusting that the hotel finds it acceptable to take advantage of tourists that have come to visit their country!?

The room itself was pleasant for what it was - I found it clean although was concerned that the door shut, but did not lock. There are also no spy holes in the doors.

However, no hotel is worth being double/triple charged for!! I have now had my card cancelled as I'm concerned they have my details.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

Checked into this hotel with a group of friends for a weekend trip to Paris. I've stayed in cheap hotels in this city before, so I expected it to be run down and for the staff to be rude. The bar was set pretty low going in. However the Campanile Paris Est really does try harder... to torture their customers in every way possible. We were told on the the website we could pay on arrival - in fact, the hotel (illegally?) took the payment from our bank account in advance, and in fact tried to charge for the room twice (and for my friend, three times). Having taken double the money from our bank accounts, the unbelievably nasty and spiteful hotel manager (Nurse Ratchet from 'One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest') kept claiming that it was "our fault" and that we had used a "strange and unfamiliar bank" to register the room (it was HSBC). Despite our bank confirming over the phone that the rooms had been paid, the manager refused to believe us and kept waving her crumpled, yellow-stained dime store records book in our faces, as if that were more reliable than HSBC's multi million pound software. She then swore at us in French under her breath and kept giving us sour looks with her beady rat-like eyes. My friend was so upset by the treatment that she could only get through the rest of her stay via violent daydreams about throwing a bag of leftover KFC in this person's face.

As we were tired we gave up and went to our room. It wasn't unclean, although there were some odd stains on the bedsheets. What did strike me was the bizarre decor - large swaths of the room were painted luminous green, the exact shade used in Stateside death chambers. As if this didn't dampen your ardour enough, there was a giant melted oval light on the wall that glowed blood-red, clashing with the green and creating a smog of vomit colors that gave my partner a headache. It reminded me of the prison room that the Oh Dae Su is trapped inside for 20 years in Park Chan Wook's "Oldboy".

I left the hotel psychologically broken, my spirit worn down to a charred husk by the manager's passive aggressive mind games, and the hotel's shameless attempts to defraud me.

Room Tip: Pray that you get a good room, it is the luck of the draw.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank TurtleFeatures
Reviewed 21 June 2013 via mobile

A nice hotel with excellent location (20 meters to the subway entrance) well connected with everywhere thanks to the excellent public transport.
Every room has free wifi which is quite fast too.
A great service by the hotel staff.
Excellent value (except the price for the breakfast... But there are plenty of nearby bars where anyone can have a breakfast at a reasonable price).

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Paolins92
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pantin
Ibis Budget Paris Porte de Pantin
Campanile Paris 19 - La Villette
Canal Suites (Suite Home)
Ibis Paris Pantin Eglise
B&B Hotel Paris Porte des Lilas
Mercure Paris porte de Pantin

Been to Campanile Paris Est - Pantin? Share your experiences!